GDT: Sabres at Huricanes 10-14-14 7:30PM NBCSN

spndnchz

This is the first of three games between the Buffalo Sabres and Carolina Hurricanes. Each team will be seeking its first win of the season tonight.

The players and coaches are definitely seeking W's today. Not so sure there aren't those at other levels salivating over what keeping the streak alive can bring down the road.

I NEVER make predictions as I think they are foolish, a random stab in the dark and usually just a jinx. I can't help myself in this one. Sabres 7-2.

:lol:

That's the score, or a bad poker hand?

Sabres will have to pot 58% of their 12 shots.

Edited by X. Benedict

Listen all! This is the truth of it.

Fighting leads to killing, and killing gets to warring. And that was damn near the death of us all.

Look at us now! Busted up, and everyone talking about tanking! But we've learned, by the dust of them all... Buffalo learned.

Now, when men get to fighting, it happens here! And it finishes here! Two men enter; one man leaves.

And right now I've got two men! Two men with a gut full of fear.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls,

Dying Time's here!

That game yesterday was just so bad that there is no way the Sabres lose this one. The coaches were all over the Sabes after the loss so no way they don't come out with a W. I have always thought Carolina is their main competitor for the number 1 pick but oh well. I have no doubt that Buffalo is finishing in the bottom 2 so why not get a win?

That game yesterday was just so bad that there is no way the Sabres lose this one. The coaches were all over the Sabes after the loss so no way they don't come out with a W. I have always thought Carolina is their main competitor for the number 1 pick but oh well. I have no doubt that Buffalo is finishing in the bottom 2 so why not get a win?

Bottom 2 is not good enough. Lottery can push us to 3. Eye on the prize. Eye on the prize.

I think Carolina whoops us.

Bottom 2 is not good enough. Lottery can push us to 3. Eye on the prize. Eye on the prize.

I was thinking they could not drop below 2 but you are right, whoops. Sorry for the tank talk but it's unavoidable when you are playing another worst team in the league. Hopefully there will at least be some fights since we took out their star in the pre-season.

How would you like to be Josh Gorges right now? Went from playing for a team that is a serious Cup contender in the best hockey town in the world to this mess. Now you tell me how you expect him to play with the same heart and passion night in and night out like he did in Montreal.

Love to know what is going through some of these guys heads as they listen to TN tell them the same crap after every game.

These guys are human. Nobody likes losing. Nobody likes being a laughing stock. Every guy in that room is better than what we see. Put each one of them in a different environment and watch them play. Night and day. They want to win. Management wants to lose. The coach wants us to think he wants to win. What a cluster f.

Canes 4-2.

Have you seen the Sabres?

Yes. They played 4 horrible periods of hockey against 2 of the top teams in the league. Carolina is a top team - in the CHL; in the NHL, not so much. It looks to me like a classic battle between the moveable object and the resistible force. My money's on the moveable object tonight.

Yes. They played 4 horrible periods of hockey against 2 of the top teams in the league. Carolina is a top team - in the CHL; in the NHL, not so much. It looks to me like a classic battle between the moveable object and the resistible force. My money's on the moveable object tonight.

This is the CHL game of the month.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.