GDT - Anaheim @ Buffalo 3pm

inkman

That's what I said I just can't believe how bad this team is getting outshot in these first 3 games. It's unreal. Even when they were bad last year they were getting more shots then they are now. Which is alittle disturbing because I think this team is better than last year's. I know we had Miller and Vanek for alittle while but.

I think we collectively underestimated how much losing The Hoff would matter. He definitely mailed it in at the end of last year, but he was the only defenseman who could consistently generate offense. The Hoff was on the ice for 80 of the 150 goals the Sabres scored last year.

I'm not sure why anyone's surprised at this. We traded away/released our 3 best players sense last October. Coaching is better yeah, but you need talent on the ice.

I think we collectively underestimated how much losing The Hoff would matter. He definitely mailed it in at the end of last year, but he was the only defenseman who could consistently generate offense. The Hoff was on the ice for 80 of the 150 goals the Sabres scored last year.

Exactly. That last stat is insane

*quietly pats himself on the back*

Ehrhoff was always criminally underrated around here, probably because he didn't put up the numbers he did in Van and not enough people put value in possession statistics.

My "these stats have real value" campaign will not end until victory is achieved! :D

I agree but Murray can't be too happy watching this. There needs to be at least some visible improvement eventually

I think Murray said to himself, "okay, they want this guy? Fine, I'll offer him a contract and let him bury himself with it..."

Meanwhile, Neuvirth is in preseason form.

Edited by sizzlemeister

*quietly pats himself on the back*

Ehrhoff was always criminally underrated around here, probably because he didn't put up the numbers he did in Van and not enough people put value in possession statistics.

My "these stats have real value" campaign will not end until victory is achieved! :D

The Hoff was my favorite player on this team over the past couple of years. He got all the defensive ice time because he was the only one who could play at an NHL level.

I think Murray said to himself, "okay, they want this guy? Fine, I'll offer him a contract and let him bury himself with it..."

Meanwhile, Neuvirth is in preseason form.

I wouldn't get too comfy if I were him, I magine TP isn't having a whole lot of fun watching this, just like he wasn't having a whole lot of fun watching Regier's mess, last season.

Different circumstances sure, but this team is beyond embarrasing.

36-8 SOG. wow.

It's disturbing. Even the other bad teams aren't that bad.

I wouldn't get too comfy if I were him, I magine TP isn't having a whole lot of fun watching this, just like he wasn't having a whole lot of fun watching Regier's mess, last season.

Different circumstances sure, but this team is beyond embarrasing.

I thought this team would have been better but it's looks much much worse. This continue's tank goes into 2016!

The Hoff was my favorite player on this team over the past couple of years. He got all the defensive ice time because he was the only one who could play at an NHL level.

Yea sorry, my mild snark wasn't directed at you in particular. It just always blew my mind how many thought he was expendable or how his every mistake would get jumped on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.