GDT - Anaheim @ Buffalo 3pm

inkman

I'll stand by my statement since Nolan took over. He is just a placeholder. I don't expect him to be here by the end of next season...at the latest.

When your team gets outshot by a 4-to-1 margin at home, the coach can't be completely absolved of at least some blame.

Interestingly, when I talked to Goose after last season, he hinted that not all Sabres players were big fans of Nolan. And, he said surprisingly good things about Rolston.

Awful totally uninteresting hockey by the Sabres this season so far. 4 goals in 3 games = 1.3 goals per game. Some have deemed the Sabres "entertaining" to watch this season; I call it a yawn fest and a shambles.

Interestingly, when I talked to Goose after last season, he hinted that not all Sabres players were big fans of Nolan. And, he said surprisingly good things about Rolston.

The worst part is they have all been craptastic shots, weak wrist shots and shoveled back hands everything else has been blocked or wide by a mile

The team is clearly missing Ville Leino. :angel:

When your team gets outshot by a 4-to-1 margin at home, the coach can't be completely absolved of at least some blame.

Goose has had a good start.

I'm shocked at how bad they're playing. Where is the compete? Were they this bad last year, it's hard to think that far back when I've tried so hard to block it from my memory.

A quick look reveals this after 3 games last year.

2013 1st 3 Games:

Sabres goals: 2

Goals Against: 7

Sabres Shots: 76

Shots Against: 115

2014 1st 3 Games:

Sabres goals: 4

Goals Against: 14

Sabres Shots: 57

Shots Against: 131

We've doubled our goal output but have also doubled our goals against. It's gonna be a long season without miller.

Anyhoo. We all knew they'd be dreadful this year. Some believed that all those bodies TM added in the offseason just to make the floor would actually improve this team. If you read what the experts had to say about Buffaloes chances and the predictions of how we'd do those guys were spot on. Almost nobody had much improvement for this squad.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.