Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

I think he is referencing a more current version of Risk and they are making a play for Iraq.

Lol

Sabres max pts with a loss would be 28 more giving them 72 pts, Philly with a win would have 72 ptsand i believe Buff owns the carrion tie breaker meaning one position or pos gained... Clear? New Math 11. Flyers win 7-2 over wings Sabres clinch 24th place with a loss tonite

Edited by Fargenov Iceholeski

Arizona Coyotes ‏@ArizonaCoyotes  6m

GM Don Maloney: "Dave Tippett is a terrific coach... He totally understands where we are and what we're doing (moving forward)."

I wish GMTM could say the same about Nolan

Well, he'd have to lie.

He could say he's a great person though, or thanks for putting up with our

To those who think we're going to blow this "because Buffalo"....UB IS GOIN TO THE DANCE!

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It only happened after they removed Buffalo from their branding... Hmmmm... Maybe that's the secret.

Smart move by the Arizona broadcast team: they're featuring one of their prospects during intermission for each of the remaining games. Sabres could do something similar to remind folks what we have to look forward to in the future.

Smart move by the Arizona broadcast team: they're featuring one of their prospects during intermission for each of the remaining games. Sabres could do something similar to remind folks what we have to look forward to in the future.

I don't believe the Sabres are capable of something like this.  They stopped doing beyond blue n gold for some unknown reason.

I don't believe the Sabres are capable of something like this. They stopped doing beyond blue n gold for some unknown reason.

I wish they would. Here's the online link to the Coyotes prospect profiles if anyone is interested:

http://www.foxsports.com/arizona/story/dauphin-a-200-foot-player-in-the-tippett-mold-031415

-------------------------------

Now 3-1 Devils over Coyotes

Make that 4-1.

Edited by biodork

Magic Numbers for games played through 3/14 (28 days left in the regular season)

New Jersey - 4
Columbus - 9
Toronto - 13
Carolina - 15
Arizona - 23
Edmonton - 25

Nashville, Montreal, NY Islanders, Anaheim, NY Rangers, Tampa Bay, Detroit, St Louis, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Washington, Minnesota, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Los Angeles, Boston, San Jose, Dallas, Ottawa, Florida, Colorado, Philadelphia - Clinched

Florida, Colorado and Philly all clinched today. Nobody can clinch tomorrow.
Current worst case: 6% (8th place) in the lottery

According to sportsclubstats.com we can go 3-10-1 (regular jargon) and still have a 100% shot at clinching the Shart. Edmonton must go 0-13 for a 98% shot, and Arizona the same for a 98% chance as well. 

Currently, Buffalo has a 79% chance with Edmonton and Arizona having 13% and 7% respectively. I have no idea where that other 1% went. 

Arizona - 13 games remaining, 6 Home, 7 Away, 11 vs quality opponents.

Edmonton - 13 games remaining, 9 Home, 4 Away, 11 vs. quality opponents.

Buffalo - 14 games remaining, 7 Home, 7 Away, 8 vs. quality opponents. 

I don't know exactly what espn considers a quality opponent, I would imagine a team above .500.

Edited by WildComrade

Wouldn't it be weird if connor just thought, "I love it here in erie, I think I'll withdraw my name from this year's draft."

I have NO idea if that's even possible, but it sure would be absolutely wild. Even better if it happened after the lottery.

Wouldn't it be weird if connor just thought, "I love it here in erie, I think I'll withdraw my name from this year's draft."

I have NO idea if that's even possible, but it sure would be absolutely wild. Even better if it happened after the lottery.

It's possible, Lindros did it when he got drafted to Quebec IIRC. He won't do it cause he's not the douche Lindros was/is though 

Current standings through games played 3/14.

Team         GP  L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC CPM

Buffalo      68 43 19  6 92 120 28 25   18.7

Edmonton     69 39 18 12 90 116 26 27   14.0

Arizona      69 40 21  8 88 114 26 29   12.4

Toronto      70 37 27  6 80 104 24 37    8.6

Carolina     67 34 25  8 76 106 30 41    8.0

Columbus     68 34 30  4 70  98 28 47    8.5

CPM = per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 3/10 in AM

All 4 in action last night took 2 points. Looks like nobody is willing to put their foot on the gas.

Candy Canes in BJ-land in a 2 bagger.

Current standings through games played 3/15.

Team         GP  L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC CPM

Buffalo      68 43 19  6 92 120 28 25   18.7

Edmonton     69 39 18 12 90 116 26 27   14.0

Arizona      69 40 21  8 88 114 26 29   12.4

Toronto      70 37 27  6 80 104 24 37    8.6

Carolina     68 34 26  8 76 104 28 41    8.0

Columbus     69 35 30  4 72  98 26 45    8.5

CPM = per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 3/10 in AM

The top 4 are all in action tomorrow night. Sabres host Caps, Dogs go to LA, & Eulers look to bake Loafs in a 3 bagger.

Edited by Taro T

nhl.com article about 15 things to watch for the end of the season, here's their take on McEichel sweepstakes, FWIW

12. WHO WILL FINISH 30TH?

The race at the bottom of the standings is intriguing too, because the prize at the end of a bad season could be a generational player. Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel are expected to be the first and second picks in the 2015 NHL Draft. They are expected to have immediate impacts.

The team that finishes 30th team has a 20 percent chance of securing the first pick in the draft via the 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, but it can't fall further than the No. 2 pick, meaning it is guaranteed the opportunity to select one of McDavid or Eichel.

The top three candidates are the Buffalo SabresEdmonton Oilers, and Arizona Coyotes.

Best guess: Buffalo Sabres

The Sabres are 30th and are four points clear of the 29th-place Oilers and six points clear of the 28th-place Coyotes. They have a game in hand on both the Oilers and Coyotes. The decisions Buffalo made prior to the 2015 NHL Trade Deadline were geared toward improving its draft position.

Buffalo is 6-27-4 in its past 37 games. The Sabres went 0-12-0 in January.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=758057&navid=nhl:topheads