Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Carolina loses 2-1 to Philly. New Jersey leading Montreal late.

Good news.

More importantly though, the Sabres do their part and win. We've left No-Win-November behind and started a (insert clever January/December name here) boys. 3 wins in a row, keep it up.

Edmonton-Colorado tied up at the end of one. That's a positive result either way, but it's obviously preferred that Edmonton loses.

Currently sitting three points behind Carolina.

A win tomorrow would be nice with New Jersey and Philly playing each other. Dallas and Minnesota play each other while Phoenix and Columbus do the same. Tomorrow is all about getting some breathing room.

Edited by Tank

Buffalo has lost 3 straight and has gone 1-6-1 in their last 8. The combination of Myer's injury and our goalies coming back to normality has been huge for us. The CHL is far from lost; most analysts agree we are still the worst team in the league, and we're starting to play like it again.

What's the opposite of a Herb Brook's pregame speech?

Edited by WildCard

Buffalo has lost 3 straight and has gone 1-6-1 in their last 8. The combination of Myer's injury and our goalies coming back to normality has been huge for us. The CHL is far from lost; most analysts agree we are still the worst team in the league, and we're starting to play like it again.

A Herb Brooks post game speech?

A Mel Brooks pregame speech?

I like this Myers-less version of the Sabres. Ship him out for Larkin and if we whiff on McEichel, we can still get Hanifin. It's a lose-lose situation!

For all the crap Myers gets around here, this team is always CONSIDERABLY worse without him.

Current standings through games played 1/2.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Edmonton 39 22 8 9 53

Carolina 38 23 11 4 50

Buffalo 39 22 14 3 47

New Jersey 40 20 13 7 47

Arizona 37 19 14 4 42

Philadelphia 38 17 14 7 41

Colorado 38 15 15 8 38

Columbus 35 16 16 3 35

Ottawa 36 14 15 7 35

Dallas 36 14 17 5 33

Twas a good night for the Sabres. If the Eulers could survive a SO, it would've been an excellent night.

7 teams in action tonight including 2 more potential 1 pointers. Phlyers take on Joisey and the BJ's take on the Desert Dogs. Sabres in MSG (not just on MSG) playing the Rags. 2 points would leave them just 4 back of the Eulers and a point away from Hannifan.

The way Larkin just played we may have a better chance to get Mantha now. Which is still next to none.

Is that the same Anthony Mantha who is on a 40-point pace and is well behind the very disappointing Mike Gregaranko in the AHL rookie scoring race?

A Mel Brooks pregame speech?

Hitler was a better painter than Churchill, boys. So think about that when you get your tights in a bother. And team doctors, what the hell do they know? They know nothing, which is something more than some of you. Except for you Shtanwitz, You at least know bupkis. Which is worse than knowing nothing. Is this the right team? Wait, is this the Men's Jewish Team Dance Competition. Ice Competition? What?!, we are on ice?. How come nobody ever tells me these things? Who is in charge of telling me these things. I'm going to fire somebody? Trottier, you are fired. I can't be in the same room as you anymore. I can't be in the right room at all. I must have pushed the wrong button on the elevator. Is this the Harbor Center? I was looking for the Harbor Center? That's it, I quit! You are on your own boys. Nice knowing you.

Is that the same Anthony Mantha who is on a 40-point pace and is well behind the very disappointing Mike Gregaranko in the AHL rookie scoring race?

Yep, same guy. I just don't think Detroit comes off either right now. Mantha in the AHL is similar to Armia last year. Give him a year and he will be just fine.

Also, I think Grigs is going to be just fine. Give him wingers that compliment the kind of style he plays and he will be fine.

Edited by sicknfla

Hitler was a better painter than Churchill, boys. So think about that when you get your tights in a bother. And team doctors, what the hell do they know? They know nothing, which is something more than some of you. Except for you Shtanwitz, You at least know bupkis. Which is worse than knowing nothing. Is this the right team? Wait, is this the Men's Jewish Team Dance Competition. Ice Competition? What?!, we are on ice?. How come nobody ever tells me these things? Who is in charge of telling me these things. I'm going to fire somebody? Trottier, you are fired. I can't be in the same room as you anymore. I can't be in the right room at all. I must have pushed the wrong button on the elevator. Is this the Harbor Center? I was looking for the Harbor Center? That's it, I quit! You are on your own boys. Nice knowing you.

:lol:

Not getting much help via OT tonight in the potential one-point matchups... But the lower teams are losing at least. New Jersey loses to Philly 5-2. Arizona is down 4-2 to Columbus. Dallas is down 5-0 to Minny.

Ottawa lost to Boston earlier which is nice.