Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

I think Tank's point is that playoff teams aren't going to trade good players at the deadline, because they need those players for the playoffs.

Now, a non-playoff team could be auctioning off assets at the deadline, and the Sabres could win that auction, and Griggy could be included in that winning bid -- but that would be an unusual situation, especially because the RW in question would need to be under contract for a decent period of time in order for the Sabres to be interested (unless the RW agreed to an extension as part of the deal, which is possible although again unusual).

Yea  Ithink the only time you would get a good player back would be if one team really needs help in one area and is willing to sacrifice depth at another.  Doesn't happen too often like you said.

I'm coming around to this, especially since I am struggling in the "next year's roster" thread finding a place for Grigorenko. There is an obvious talent gap at RW, and Grigo could be the piece that lands GMTM a first line RW to pair with Kane and McEichel.

I don't think now is the time they need to address RW for next year. We should be in good position to trade picks/prospects for NHL ready players at the draft especially if the rumors about the cap being relatively flat are true.

The kid is only 20. If he were to be traded I hope we get something significant in return. Also, I think the fact that he is here and Armia is in Winnipeg may be telling of what GMTM thinks of him.

The Yandle stuff with Boston is interesting, still not sure why AZ lets him go and does Boston willingly have enough young assets to trade in order to pry him loose. Y has been a rock there in AZ for some time and they would need something definite back, Erickson alone or with a pick doesnt do it imo. AZ needs a scorer, like everyone. Who up front would Bs give up...

I don't think now is the time they need to address RW for next year. We should be in good position to trade picks/prospects for NHL ready players at the draft especially if the rumors about the cap being relatively flat are true.

The kid is only 20. If he were to be traded I hope we get something significant in return. Also, I think the fact that he is here and Armia is in Winnipeg may be telling of what GMTM thinks of him.

Or, it says what Winnipeg thought of Grigorenko and Armia is there. :)

The Yandle stuff with Boston is interesting, still not sure why AZ lets him go and does Boston willingly have enough young assets to trade in order to pry him loose. Y has been a rock there in AZ for some time and they would need something definite back, Erickson alone or with a pick doesnt do it imo. AZ needs a scorer, like everyone. Who up front would Bs give up...

FWIW, this writer doesn't think Yandle will end up being traded (no one willing to meet Arizona's needs/demands):

http://heatwaved.com/2015/02/17/nhl-trade-deadline-which-coyotes-will-go/

Dreger says that Malcolm Subban will not start tonight in Edmonton and that Chiarelli and Julien could very well be fired if they miss the playoffs.

Also:

-Flyers trying to unload salary (like Lacavalier and Timonen)

-Maple Leafs will "rip their roster apart." Still thinks Kessel/Phaneuf are offseason deals.

Dreger says that Malcolm Subban will not start tonight in Edmonton and that Chiarelli and Julien could very well be fired if they miss the playoffs.

Also:

-Flyers trying to unload salary (like Lacavalier and Timonen)

-Maple Leafs will "rip their roster apart." Still thinks Kessel/Phaneuf are offseason deals.

NFW.

NFW.

Have heard the rumblings before, too. Fans hate Chiarelli at this point. Most believe he failed horribly in the Seguin trade. People are already (for some stupid reason) questioning the Rask contract. He hasn't adapted well and their cap issues have left them lacking.

Have heard the rumblings before, too. Fans hate Chiarelli at this point. Most believe he failed horribly in the Seguin trade. People are already (for some stupid reason) questioning the Rask contract. He hasn't adapted well and their cap issues have left them lacking.

Bingo. Personally I think the Cup insulates them for another year or two, but it's not insane to think they could be on thin ice.

Bingo. Personally I think the Cup insulates them for another year or two, but it's not insane to think they could be on thin ice.

"Rumblings" = random yobs speculating online.  There are ridiculous "rumblings" on this board about various issues many times each day.

Of course, nothing lasts forever, but I think it is indeed insane to think they could get canned this year.

"Rumblings" = random yobs speculating online. There are ridiculous "rumblings" on this board about various issues many times each day.

Of course, nothing lasts forever, but I think it is indeed insane to think they could get canned this year.

When the younger Jacobs took over a few months ago he was pretty animated in his presser. Said that missing the playoffs is unacceptable in Boston and, if they did, they would be looking at everyone from the top down. Think that may be where the rumblings came from. Think he was just trying to light a fire under some . Edited by sicknfla

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.