Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

It is so nice not having Darcy as GM.

Yep.  And, of course, Samson + McEichel.

We have forward prospects all over the place.

Dropping Stafford and Myers in exchange for only Bogosian should weaken the team a bit for the stretch run towards McEichel. So it does have that going for it. Of course, we would have to wait and see what else would happen as the deadline approaches. I feel like if this goes through, it would be the only trade of significance this year. There might be a couple draft pick deals, but there really isn't much ammo left if/when this deal happens.

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
1st round pick Jets acquire will be lowest of 3 of the Sabres picks. Very complicated trade. Sounds like an unsigned player from Peg as well

gary lawless @garylawless

sounds like this deal could include Alex Burmistrov #nhljets

that evens it out quite a bit

Well if I were Murray I would trade them Foligno, Mitchell and a 2nd for Kane (Would that be enough?)  Or would it need to be Stewart, Foligno and a 2nd?  Does the pick have to be a 1st?  I think Murray is ready to deal. 

Please tell me you're joking.

My guess would be something like Stewart, 1st & Armia

That would be fine but I don't think it will be enough.

In a vacuum, I'd rather have O'Reilly, and it's not even close. Doesn't come with the locker room baggage, center versatility, stronger defensive game, and his offense actually is just as good (maybe not potential offense, but actual production). That being said, the price could be prohibitive.

Why not both?

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 49s49 seconds ago

Huge deal. Hearing Myers Stafford Armia and Lemieux plus a first for Kane and Bogosian as principles of deal getting close btwn Buf + Wpg.

Wow.

Holy freaking mackerel.

Who's got a good scouting report on Bogosian?  My general impression is that he's fast, has good size, decent edge to his game, not offensively productive, doesn't play on the power play but still plays a lot of minutes, and is overall regarded as a bit of a disappointment as a #3 overall pick.

I'm totally fine with trading Armia, Lemieux and the #1 in this deal, but not thrilled about trading Myers.  I suppose it will come down to the spread between Myers and Bogosian -- which at this point isn't that wide, but could develop either way.

Pretty big news if it happens.

on the Dreger front, There needs to be something significant coming back form Jets.

Burmistrov or a Jets first to make it more palatable.

My high-level thought:  We're one of the worst teams in the history of hockey.  Yet, people are still wanting to cling to our current guys?  Shake this ###### up!

this.

And , I've got work to do.

I don't like what I'm hearing about this trade so far.  I think the pieces could be used in better trades.  However, it's by far the most exciting thing going on with the Sabres since last season's trade deadline.  And I like that Murray is doing something even I don't like the details of the trade.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.