Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Name of Thread Trade Speculation 2014-15

Definition of Speculation per Merriam-Webster:

ideas or guesses about something that is not known

Hence the speculation on what Chevy would ask for.

Your point? I was adding to what you said with a legitimate statement. We can speculate all we want, but any attempt at an educated guess is invalid in this case. Chevy is a weird GM.

Zadorov is fine. I can't remember the last time I watched a 19yr old kid play the minutes he does and make the mistakes he does and just continually improve and bounce back. He learns from every mistake and he never hangs his head. Zadorov is going to be what we all want Myers to be... Physical, Point Producing, Beast Defender, just have patients for another couple years while he grows into that. His offensive game is already much accelerated his assist on the Zemgus goal last week was impressive to say the least, he held that puck until the hole opened and he put it right on Zemgus' stick. Have faith that Zadorov can handle it and have faith that Risto too will get better.

Yep

I don't know if teams are going to pony up with all the $hit that Kane has done. I know I wouldnt.

That's a way to wear out your welcome as a gm , by not getting him cheap.. ... Or be certain by really knowing the kid .

Zadorov is fine.  I can't remember the last time I watched a 19yr old kid play the minutes he does and make the mistakes he does and just continually improve and bounce back. He learns from every mistake and he never hangs his head.  Zadorov is going to be what we all want Myers to be... Physical, Point Producing, Beast Defender, just have patients for another couple years while he grows into that.  His offensive game is already much accelerated his assist on the Zemgus goal last week was impressive to say the least, he held that puck until the hole opened and he put it right on Zemgus' stick.  Have faith that Zadorov can handle it and have faith that Risto too will get better. 

Awesome! Now that expectations are there, I cannot wait for this board to turn on him in 4 years because he hasn't developed into Chara or Shea Weber. I will start the "he's worthless thread" now.

Tongue in cheek comments above. I think Zadorov is fine. I say the above because I think Myers needs to be on this team and I think some of his criticism comes from the past couple of years of performance. Judge him on his skill set and what he could contribute to a contending Buffalo team with talent, not what you want him to be or what he has been.

Myers for a (1) roster player and a high-end prospect or a (2) mid-level prospect and a pick.

Okay (1) is significantly higher than (2) and (2) is flat out a joke of a price for Tyler Myers. 

Awesome! Now that expectations are there, I cannot wait for this board to turn on him in 4 years because he hasn't developed into Chara or Shea Weber. I will start the "he's worthless thread" now.

Tongue in cheek comments above. I think Zadorov is fine. I say the above because I think Myers needs to be on this team and I think some of his criticism comes from the past couple of years of performance. Judge him on his skill set and what he could contribute to a contending Buffalo team with talent, not what you want him to be or what he has been.

Lol, I am starting to think maybe we should hang onto to Myers but understand what he is better.  He is not Chara or Pronger, he is simply Myers.

I guess I should have included Myers in my list of young NHLers.

If Murray trades Myers-plus for Kane I will definitely have a hard time choking that down.

But I agree with D4rk on the substance of the quote.

I am not on board with Myers for Kane, and I don't think TM is either.

Kane is gonna happen, I just feel it.

I hope so.  We need some excitement.

Okay (1) is significantly higher than (2) and (2) is flat out a joke of a price for Tyler Myers.

Lol, I am starting to think maybe we should hang onto to Myers but understand what he is better. He is not Chara or Pronger, he is simply Myers.

You read it wrong. The or was (high-end prospect or a mid-level prospect and a pick). Roster player was automatically included thus the and.

Lol, I am starting to think maybe we should hang onto to Myers but understand what he is better. He is not Chara or Pronger, he is simply Myers.

I think Tank meant if they can't get a high level prospect then the other part of the deal would be mid-level and pick. Both scenarios would include a top established player as the primary return.

Oops! I was typing as Tank already responded.

Edited by sicknfla

You read it wrong. The or was (high-end prospect or a mid-level prospect and a pick). Roster player was automatically included thus the and.

So "Myers for a roster player and (high-end prospect or a mid-level prospect and a pick)."  Got it.  That makes sense, I am just wondering who would pony up and play and if we should trade Myers.

I am not on board with Myers for Kane, and I don't think TM is either.

I hope so.  We need some excitement.

I agree with your beliefs on Murray's stance on that trade, it doesn't jive with any of the reports of his previous asking price for Myers from Detroit, at all. Too much of a drop there in return IMO for him to ever think about it, thankfully.

I'm a bit confused on the Myers talk. I know why you would want to trade him and I believe Murray should entertain every call on him, but I believe Anaheim GMBM when he says he hasn't talked with GMTM about Myers in a long time. As soon as that strong denial happens we get a new Myers rumor the next day... Who is feeding the media this information and what is their agenda?

Would Myers' agent do that to influence teams to call Murray with strong offers? Would Murray do that to make it known that he's available? It's interesting to say the least.

There's no way Myers plus for Kane is a thing. Myers for Kane and one of the Jets young players like Schiefele, Bogosian, Enstrom or Trouba? That's more tolerable but likely too much from the Jets.

Edited by Tank

On the radio...interesting thought. Given the love that Ryan O'Reilly gets around here and the not so warm show of affection for Kane, who would you rather have?

For me Kane. Bigger impact and offensive upside.

And I think we get him cheaper given we do a deal now vs O'Reilly in the summer.

I think you got it right nfreeman.

I honestly think that it's pretty sad that some of you have already decided to throw Zadorov to the wolves. Myers takes a lot of flak from the board mainly due to his soft play while being so big physically. That doesn't mean however that Myers is a complete bust all it means is that his likelihood of becoming Chara at least in terms of style is very unlikely. Zadorov strikes me as very similar to a Chris Pronger type of player. What we have to stop doing is wanting players to literally become other players while wishing a player become similar is legitimate to expect anyone to perfectly match up to Hall of Famers is absurd. That being said I would love Myers to play with a mean streak but even if he doesn't, working harder in the corners and on the puck coupled with his speed and skating ability in general makes him just as valuable in a sense. After all Chara is like an elephant on the ice not very graceful. Myers will play like Myers and Zadorov will play like Zadorov.

Getting Kane would be an absolutely elegant way of advancing the cause this season. Just feckin' perfect.

That said, I agree that Myers for Kane straight up is not a fair deal. We'd be giving away too much. Need something else coming back. Not a ton, but something. Maybe an exchange of picks, where we get a second and they get a 3rd or 4th?

I just love the idea of getting a top-6 forward who's 24 years old and needs the proverbial change of scenery. If we have Kane, we have at least 2 legit top-6 forwards in the organization (including Reinhart). 

(I'm not even sure that Ennis or Zemgus are top-6 guys -- at least, on a cup contender.)

Dreger just tweeted:

Further to @TSNBobMcKenzie, Jets and Sabres in trade discussions involving Evander Kane. Deal is not done, but heating up.

Add in Moulson and McEichel in addition to Kane and Samson for top-six.

I just love the idea of getting a top-6 forward who's 24 years old and needs the proverbial change of scenery. If we have Kane, we have at least 2 legit top-6 forwards in the organization (including Reinhart). 

Edited by Cereal

Well if I were Murray I would trade them Foligno, Mitchell and a 2nd for Kane (Would that be enough?) Or would it need to be Stewart, Foligno and a 2nd? Does the pick have to be a 1st? I think Murray is ready to deal.

not even close....again

As soon as you put together your trade list and it stings a bit to think about, THAT'S the starting point for the other GM. Get used to it, Evander Kane at 23 doesn't become available too often. This offense is complete and utter garbage.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.