Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

He is the kind of guy who doesn't care about his team or working to get better. He thinks he is the absolute and flaunts his money like a cocky prick in many places here in wpg. The picture is him with a YMCMB(young money cash money billionaire) haircut. I don't care if he leads the NHL in goals next year, in my opinion his not the kind of player you want on your team

Edit: picture didn't work, if you care to see what a goof Kane is Google Kane ymcmb

Edited by Naulter8

Mr moderator nfreeman,

Apparently you  think that an injured player who only scored 10 goals and 22 points this year and was a disruptive influence in the locker room is worth far more than the proposed offer.  I beg to differ.  Winnipeg needs to make the playoffs this year and they desperately need forwards.  They also have tremendous difficulty attracting free agents.  Even though Stafford and Stewart are rentals they would be very helpful for the playoff run.  In addition this increases the likelyhood of them resigning with the Jets.  Hodgson has not had a good year, but his previous year scoring was quite comparable to Kane and he is signed long term.  Foligno brings size and toughness and is also under contract.  2 second round picks with the sabres being the first pick of the second round is nothing to sneeze at.  I am willing to bet a steak dinner at Peter Lugers that the ultimate package that Kane gets traded for is substantially less than what I proposed.  What say you?

The jets don't need to make the playoffs this year, although it would be nice to see. I think chevaldayoff realizes that there are a lot of good teams in the West outside of a wildcard spot and is happy Kane is having surgery so he's not rushed I to making a bad trade. Don't expect Kane to go unless the return is a proven top 6 forward with some contract left.

1) Screen-Shot-2014-12-02-at-9.18.35-AM-640

2) he shows up to the arena in a track suit when business suits are required

3) rather than play through his current injury helping his team make the playoffs, he conveniently opts for surgery on the heels of getting disciplined for track suit

None of these are legit reasons to pass on the kid. 

Even though this was Kane's 6th season in he NHL he will still only be 24 going into next season. Youth and being locked into a contract for the next 3 seasons are huge pluses. Going after a player like Kane is a major investment for the Sabres. Bring a kid like him in, you do so with the idea that he is one of the players you plan to build around. 

The kid has a swagger to him, earned or not, IMO, it's something that this franchise sorely needs. It's 2015, I don't need a bunch of Western Canada, yes sir/no mam, uber-polite drones. Give me a roster full of confident kids, I've already seen this franchise with a roster of players who confidence hung on by a thread. Give me a team of A-holes and lets win some friggn hockey games. 

Even though this was Kane's 6th season in he NHL he will still only be 24 going into next season. Youth and being locked into a contract for the next 3 seasons are huge pluses. Going after a player like Kane is a major investment for the Sabres. Bring a kid like him in, you do so with the idea that he is one of the players you plan to build around.

The kid has a swagger to him, earned or not, IMO, it's something that this franchise sorely needs. It's 2015, I don't need a bunch of Western Canada, yes sir/no mam, uber-polite drones. Give me a roster full of confident kids, I've already seen this franchise with a roster of players who confidence hung on by a thread. Give me a team of A-holes and lets win some friggn hockey games.

I'm not vocal about it, but I disagree with most of the things that you say (with the exception of "deluca .500".) I 100% agree with this.

This is exactly how I feel about Kane. The kid is more balls than brains and he can play hockey.

For the right price he is worth the risk. Murray won't give up the farm for him. He isn't the only jerkoff in professional sports. Back in the day I used to work security (aka bouncer) at Jim Kelly's Network Club. Used to often work his VIP room. Half our early 90's "heroes" were complete aholes when they were in that place - which was very often BTW.

During the Dallas game they high-lighted Weber's play again, showing multiple replays of him, are the Sabres shopping him? If he is playing his best hockey right now then the timing is perfect, personally I like him, but see him as 7th or 8th defensemen starting next year. A bubble team like Dallas could sure use him, he would be in a top four pairing there, how much does Murray ask for back?

One scored the SC clinching goal. He can do want he wants. The other has never been to the postseason and should shut up.

That's comparing on-ice.  One plays with a loaded team.  The other has never played with good teammates.

Back to their attitudes, though, really, are they that different?  One punches a cabbie, the other does pushups with stacks of cash on his back.  They're both .

That's comparing on-ice.  One plays with a loaded team.  The other has never played with good teammates.

Back to their attitudes, though, really, are they that different?  One punches a cabbie, the other does pushups with stacks of cash on his back.  They're both ######.

One punched a cabbie that locked him in the cab because the cabbie wanted a better tip and never pressed charges. The same one was also said to have celebrated too much after WINNING THE F'N STANLEY CUP! Nothing PK has done says to me that he is a(n) ######.

Doing pushups with stacks of cash on his back is just F'N stupid.

One punched a cabbie that locked him in the cab because the cabbie wanted a better tip and never pressed charges. The same one was also said to have celebrated too much after WINNING THE F'N STANLEY CUP! Nothing PK has done says to me that he is a(n) ######.

So if Evander had won the Stanley Cup, would the pushups have been cool?

Absolutely it's immature and F'N stupid.  

However if the Sabres do not screw up McEichel, imagine him as a top line winger on the Sabres.  

The Thrashers/Jets screwed him up by rushing him into the NHL too quickly before he was ready.  He and his teammates have an abrasive relationship towards one another and a chance of scenery might be the best thing for him.

Murray is not going to break the bank for him, but if there is a deal to be made go for it.   He actually has some of the best analytics in the league and is worth the risk. 

And if the Sabres win the Stanley Cup he can do push ups with stacks of cash and puck bunnies on his back at Canalside if he wants 

Edited by BRAWNDO

The other night I was watching basketball - which I never do. Charles Barkley was talking about JR Smith and his reputation as being bad in the locker room. Said every team in every professional sports has idiots on them. Said some of the best players he played with were fools. Used Rodman as an example. Said in the locker room it is more about how you perform than anything else. Basically said because Rodman averaged 17 boards a night and played his ass off nobody cared. If he wasn't as good of player they would have ran him out of the league.

Kane comes here and scores 30+ a year I will personally stack his money on his back if he feels the urge for more pushups.

My question on Kane isn't his locker room attitude but is he actually a 30g scorer in this league or was that a fluke?  I mean I ran the numbers and he is scoring points (not goals) at Tyler Ennis' pace so what is that worth?  Also I wonder about his off ice dedication. Pat Kane clearly works hard outside of the game to be able to do the stuff he does.  Evander Kane I am not sure about. I think a change of scenery could help him but I would honestly at this point offer a late 1st round pick or maybe a UFA and a 2nd or something along those lines because the team taking him is risking things.

Isn't Kane from Vancouver ? If Kane the hockey player can live up to the legend of Kane I'd take him on my team too. If GMTM can buy low and get him without selling the farm I'm on board. He's clearly damaged goods at this point so I'm not sure the jets make a move. 

My question on Kane isn't his locker room attitude but is he actually a 30g scorer in this league or was that a fluke? I mean I ran the numbers and he is scoring points (not goals) at Tyler Ennis' pace so what is that worth? Also I wonder about his off ice dedication. Pat Kane clearly works hard outside of the game to be able to do the stuff he does. Evander Kane I am not sure about. I think a change of scenery could help him but I would honestly at this point offer a late 1st round pick or maybe a UFA and a 2nd or something along those lines because the team taking him is risking things.

Agreed, good post. Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.