Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

I don't know. A part of me thinks Hall is just fighting the powers that be in Edmonton. That franchise has been a shithole for years. Maybe he sees it and is trying to change it and do things differently. It's hard to judge really anything going on in Edmonton right now.

I mean he was a good team player when he scored over a point a game for Team Canada at the WJC a few years back... Maybe the cesspool that is EDM is the reason for his frustration.

I kind of hope Murray leaves Edmonton alone. Given the dysfunction and perennial losing of the franchise I would be concerned about the players coming out of there. With that many 1st round draft choices i would have thought that they would be able to stay out of the bottom just by talent alone. Hall maybe very talented but I wonder if he's a head case and would be toxic in the locker room.

Yes or no: Risto and Griggy for Hall.

I think I vote yes.

Yes. I think they would demand that we throw in a couple picks or a mid-level prospect like Pysyk/Makarov.

I kind of hope Murray leaves Edmonton alone. Given the dysfunction and perennial losing of the franchise I would be concerned about the players coming out of there. With that many 1st round draft choices i would have thought that they would be able to stay out of the bottom just by talent alone. Hall maybe very talented but I wonder if he's a head case and would be toxic in the locker room.

I don't think you put up a 90-point pace and have a negative impact on your team.

Edited by Tank

I think I vote yes.

As an aside, these are the types of move that Darcy never did. Identify a guy and swing for the fences. Eventually I think GMTM needs to do the same. We can't ice all 30 of our 1st and 2nd round prospects at once. Don't know if Hall is the guy, but he could end up in that elite tier that we have been missing for many years.

I save the R word for very particular occasions and this Risto for Hall garbage is one of those occasions. We're sitting on what might turn into the best defense we've seen in years for this team and you want to trade away a crucial part of it?

Retarded. You've all gone full retard.

I save the R word for very particular occasions and this Risto for Hall garbage is one of those occasions. We're sitting on what might turn into the best defense we've seen in years for this team and you want to trade away a crucial part of it?

Hall is one of the best forwards in the league, just entering his prime, and signed to a friendly long term contract. You're not getting him for Hodgson, Pysyk, and the Blues #1.

+1

I don't think there is one 23 year old who would react like everyone here seems to want him to when he is the best player on a bad team who also is thrust into leading the team. I know I am certainly a much different person now than I was at 23.

Maybe, just maybe, being able to take a back seat on the leading the team out of suckitude will allow Taylor Hall to focus more on his game and produce without the leadership tag distracting him. Let established veterans lead the locker room.

The Sabres may not have tons of talent right now, but I do think we have strong veteran leadership.

I think, actually, there are 23 year old players who do what they have to do. A leadership tag should never be distracting. If it is, they probably aren't leadership material. Leadership is natural. No one listens to fake leaders because they have to try too hard to be seen as a leader. I just wouldn't go trading much for the guy. I get he's good. He's been injured and the attitude issues are something to be concerned about. The Sabres poised themselves well to build into the future and short changing that would be crazy. Giving up 2 first round picks for him is just not worth it in my opinion.

Christmas and New Years, but not in the same way as Christians, or gluttons, do.

Spending time with family and friends. Reflecting on the year (non-Islamic year ... our new year was at sunset on October 24, 2014) ending in order to take stock and try to be better next year.

Whoa there... don't you go casting stones there pal.. Glutton is a strong word. :)

I think I vote yes.

No, a thousand times.

Pysyk, Grigs, and their choice of NYI or STL's 1st and our 2nd rounder would be about my limit. I might throw in a random forward prospect.

If Myers is the D-man they desire I'd offer Myers, Hodgson and a conditional 1st of the our two extras if Hall turns it around

To me the core is Zadorov and Risto, we need them both and offensively Girgs and likely Ennis. Those 4 are untouchables in my chart.

I mean he was a good team player when he scored over a point a game for Team Canada at the WJC a few years back... Maybe the cesspool that is EDM is the reason for his frustration.

How do we know this? Just because he scored a lot? It doesn't mean he wasn't a dou---bag.

Yes, but that wouldn't get it done. It would be like Risto, Zemgus, 1st round pick.

Then no thank you.

Yes. I think they would demand that we throw in a couple picks or a mid-level prospect like Pysyk/Makarov.

I don't think you put up a 90-point pace and have a negative impact on your team.

You're probably right about the 1st point, and I'd probably give those up too, as long as the picks aren't #1s.

Yes. The ease with which I said that makes me think it's a no go for Edmonton.

This sounds right.

Two most important skater positions for an elite winger? That's a tough one. I think I'll say no.

Very reasonable.

Hall is one of the best forwards in the league, just entering his prime, and signed to a friendly long term contract. You're not getting him for Hodgson, Pysyk, and the Blues #1.

Correct.

So tempted to post the clip... so tempted... must. resist.

Just post it already.

Am I the only one who doesn't even remotely care if Hall is a good leader or not? We have other guys for that, and so does any good team. All I'd want him to do is keep producing the way he has thus far in his career. Gaborik probably can't lead himself to the toilet, but he put up monster numbers and the Kings don't win last year without him.

I don't want him. I want this team to get better. Not get torn the hell apart as soon as its young players start showing chemistry and real skill. Let Hall waste away on the Oilers. It's where he belongs.

Am I the only one who doesn't even remotely care if Hall is a good leader or not? We have other guys for that, and so does any good team. All I'd want him to do is keep producing the way he has thus far in his career. Gaborik probably can't lead himself to the toilet, but he put up monster numbers and the Kings don't win last year without him.

Sure, but the Kings didn't give up a guy like Risto for Gaborik.

I think everyone here would trade Deslauriers, a 2nd and a 3rd for Hall -- which is pretty much what the Kings gave up for Gaborik.

I don't want him. I want this team to get better. Not get torn the hell apart as soon as its young players start showing chemistry and real skill. Let Hall waste away on the Oilers. It's where he belongs.

Damn, we agree on something. I think he is damaged goods, along with the majority of the Oilers roster.

Let me rephrase that. I don't think he is damaged so much as he is used to a losing "culture". I think his value on the trade market should be significantly less than if he were on a winning team.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Agreed. I don't care if he's a leader or not. That's a nice to have. I'd be more concerned if his non-conformity meant that he doesn't buy into lockerrom leadership he doesn't necessarily agree with. Does he buck against the culture moving forward? That kind of thing. Because I think we've got some high-character players, including a couple young ones, that know the value of that kind of buy-in.

In other words how does he take it when, in the lockerroom immediately after a tough loss, one of our current team leaders rips the earbuds out of his head and stomps on his I-Pod, because he's not taking the loss to heart enough. It's one thing to be asked to be accountable, quite another when forced. Especially when you've never had to before.

GO SABRES!!!

Damn, we agree on something. I think he is damaged goods, along with the majority of the Oilers roster.

Let me rephrase that. I don't think he is damaged so much as he is used to a losing "culture". I think his value on the trade market should be significantly less than if he were on a winning team.

I think he's talented. I just don't care. I'm not giving away any of the bright spots on this team right now in a season where we're supposed to be building the foundation for years to come. If you want to send veteran players to Edmonton by all means, but don't give our high talent blue liners up. They're all we've got.

I don't think Hall is damaged goods or incapable of producing in Buffalo. I just am not sure this would be the correct move for Buffalo at this time given the price that will probably be involved.

Seguin got traded for Loui Eriksson and Reilly Smith with the additions of Matt Fraser and Joe Morrow. So if Buffalo were trading for a similar thing you are probably talking Myers and maybe Hodgson if they believe in him (doubtful) or someone like Zemgus plus Luke Adam and Pysyk or McCabe. That would be in the rough ball park of a deal we see. I think that just might be too much.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.