Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

I'm putting you all on notice, my annual Christmas poem is coming due soon.

Yippy!!

I was starting to wonder when Santa was going to show up.

For the record and I know you know this, but I have really, really, really ... tried to be good this year.

All I ask for is what you brought for me last year. It's all I ever wanted.

Thank you in advance.

I Love You, Santa.

Yippy!!

I was starting to wonder when Santa was going to show up.

For the record and I know you know this, but I have really, really, really ... tried to be good this year.

All I ask for is what you brought for me last year. It's all I ever wanted.

Thank you in advance.

I Love You, Santa.

Wait, I thought you followed Islam? What do they practice around Christmas time. (I am honestly completely ignorant on this subject)

Wait, I thought you followed Islam? What do they practice around Christmas time. (I am honestly completely ignorant on this subject)

Christmas and New Years, but not in the same way as Christians, or gluttons, do.

Spending time with family and friends. Reflecting on the year (non-Islamic year ... our new year was at sunset on October 24, 2014) ending in order to take stock and try to be better next year.

At the time the trade for Seguin was viewed as pretty high risk because of these concerns. It has obviously worked out pretty well for Dallas, but one example of a similar situation doesn't guarantee that a trade for Hall would work out equally well.

That being said, eventually the number of prospects we have should be turned into better/elite level prospects via trade. Hall would be one of those elite level players since he has the pedigree (former #1, Canada WJC top scorer and 3rd in tournament, etc.) that could translate into a true 1st line LW.

Hall is stuck on the most inept team in the NHL from ownership down to coaching. Most players stuck in this situation with his pedigree would feel the same way.

Few things:

. The biggest knock on Hall could (and should) be his ability to stay on the ice. But his scoring rates are amongst the best in the league since he was drafted. 243 points in 271 games is elite offensive production.

Patrick Kane: 2.4 EV points per 60 minutes since 2010. Taylor Hall: 2.3 points per 60 minutes

So Hall is in a leadership role and doesn't want to adapt and you think he'll suddenly change when he's not in one? I'm not sure the logic plays out. I wouldn't trade the stable for him. Hall is a very good player but right now the Sabres have put themselves in a great position to set themselves up for awhile. They are already competitive and they should improve. Trading away 1st round picks, in a deep draft, is insane. If it's possible to pull talent like Perry and Getzlaf from this draft I would not trade those away to Edmonton for Hall.

I just don't see the Sabres giving away their #1 picks this year unless it's something amazing. Certainly not their #1 picks AND players for 1 player.

Hall wouldn't be expected to take a leadership role here. The Vets are here for that now and Zemgus, Reinhart are here for future leadership.

Hall won't likely get traded til the draft or maybe the deadline if someone gets a little crazy. Not sure how it plays out but I am not sure Buffalo will make a play for him. I would guess it would be Ristolainen 1st round pick, and Compher/Grigorenko someone along those lines to get the ball rolling. I just am not sure that is worth it. If you could do Pysyk/McCabe, NYI 1st, and then a forward be it prospect or NHL level maybe.

If I were Edm and Buffalo came calling for Hall: A 2015 1st, Ristolainen, JT Compher, and Cody Hodgson and Nick Deslauriers.

That's the very major downside to any deal. Risto is probably a must have from the EDM perspective.

I can't believe what some of you are willing to give up. I'm not interested in two players, two 1sts and two prospects. Sorry. I can have a conversation at Myers, a goalie, a first and a second maybe or include a Hodgson or Stafford.

I can't believe what some of you are willing to give up. I'm not interested in two players, two 1sts and two prospects. Sorry. I can have a conversation at Myers, a goalie, a first and a second maybe or include a Hodgson or Stafford.

That's why I don't think we are good trade partners for them. But hall has a chance to be an elite player in this league. Can't sell him short

I don't really understand what the big deal about him refusing to adapt to a terrible system is. He didn't want to adapt to the shitshow. Good for him.

Well, refusing to be a team player is usually a red flag. There are extenuating circumstances here, to be sure, but it's certainly not a good sign.

I will give you unsolicited advice, when they are like that it is best to ignore them or respond with humor.

Or you could, ya know, not bring your sarcastic garbage to everything I say.

Listen to LGR, who over the last couple of years has, scarily, evolved into a voice of reason around here.

Well, refusing to be a team player is usually a red flag. There are extenuating circumstances here, to be sure, but it's certainly not a good sign.

I don't know. A part of me thinks Hall is just fighting the powers that be in Edmonton. That franchise has been a shithole for years. Maybe he sees it and is trying to change it and do things differently. It's hard to judge really anything going on in Edmonton right now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.