GDT: Leafs at Sabres 9-26-2014 7PM

spndnchz

This is Buffalo’s third of six preseason games after opening camp on Thursday, Sept. 18 at First Niagara Center; it is their second of three home games during the 2014 preseason. Tonight’s game is being broadcast on WGR 550 and MSG in Western New York; Canadian viewers can watch the game on Sportsnet One.

Pre-game festivities will take place in Alumni Plaza,beginning at 5 p.m. Fans will be able to gather in the plaza and enjoy music and non-alcoholic beverages as they watch their favorite players walk the carpet prior to the game.

Schaller between Brian Flynn and Cody McCormick

Tyler Ennis, Matt Moulson, Drew Stafford

Cody Hodgson, Sam Reinhart; Brian Gionta

Marcus Foligno, Torrey Mitchell, Chris Stewart.

Jake McCabe, Andrej Meszaros

Tyler Myers, Rasmus Ristolainen

Mike Weber, Nikita Zadorov.

Michal Neuvirth will start in goal, back up Andrey Makarov

Schaller gets a shot, so they have seen something there.

Marcus and the two Codys I believe are the only vets that haven't seen action yet.

And Reinhart gets to play with a couple of legitimate wingers.

Wonder how many thugs Toronto is dressing and whether Kessel brought his purse?

Very strong squad tonight by Ted Nolan. Happy to see hard work pays off for Tim Schaller. Could be this years Kevin Porter.

Interested to see Chris Stewart. He's been very impressive all summer long, from the way he conducts himself in interviews and in practice that ive seen.

Also, Henrik Tallinder is in the Leafs lineup tonight in case anyone cares. He's fighting for his NHL-life.

Anyone know if it'll be available on NHL Gamecenter Live tonight?

The game is listed and it got as far a "waiting for video feed" so that's hopeful on PC. The PS3 client doesn't even show a 2014-15 season yet; the PS3 client is kind of a joke. It works OK, but it's nowhere near feature-parity with the web interface.

Edited by MattPie

Love seeing the kid between Hodgson and Gionta. Very interested to see how that line looks tonight. Thanks for the info Chez, I didn't even realize I could catch the game on tv tonight. Awesome!

I too am looking forward to that line. Of the returning Sabres Hodgson has the highest hockey IQ (offensively) so I think that should mesh well with Reinhart.

Anyone know if it'll be available on NHL Gamecenter Live tonight?

Mine shows a "Watch Now" button on their website, but when I click it I just get a screen that shows "Preseason games are not available for streaming at this time". That might just be because its not 7pm yet.

Edited by skaught

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.