Another presser... Thursday at 2PM

spndnchz

And here is a perfect example of why the NCAA sucks. If this were to actually happen, every single player on BU's who skated in that game would automatically be suspended for one year.

But one reason the NCAA is awesome is that any player drafted out of college can immediately play in the AHL(not that Eichel is going to need any time in the A). I take the good with the bad on that one. Plus we can see them play against each other in international play.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I'm picking up an undertone of the Sabres promoting McDavid as a future Sabre. This seems pretty dumb, as the odds are quite low (and have just gotten lower) that they'll end up with him.

This organization is so batshit crazy, I'm almost ready to start liking them again.

And here is a perfect example of why the NCAA sucks. If this were to actually happen, every single player on BU's who skated in that game would automatically be suspended for one year.

Yeah. But Eichel will be here in September anyway.

The Pegula-owned Otters move to HarborCenter 2015-16?

I doubt that will happen, but as far as message board talk goes, how successful is the franchise in Erie?

Could this be a team that could be moved to Buffalo as a Junior team here (I'd hope not, I'd rather see Buffalo become more of a College hockey town with an improving Canisius and/or Niagara Program)

Or could this lead to a partnership of sorts between the Otters and Sabres (saying down the road, the Otters play a handful of games in Buffalo, even in years without McDavid?)

Talking about McDavid - from Mroziaks article today

"Don’t root for them to be bad enough to land McDavid. Root for them to go as far as they can go with the work ethic that can sometimes override the level of talent.

If you believe in the hockey gods, you should believe they’d smile more upon that, including draft lottery day"

Since I don't believe in the hockey Gods (or any God for that matter but thats a subject for another day) I am rooting for them to be dead last. I realize that the odds of landing McDavid are going to be low but I want as high as odds to get him and if not we are guaranteed Eichel - who would automatically be the Sabres best Player.

If there was no Eichel, for fellow Tank Nation would you still want to be last?

Talking about McDavid - from Mroziaks article today

"Don’t root for them to be bad enough to land McDavid. Root for them to go as far as they can go with the work ethic that can sometimes override the level of talent.

If you believe in the hockey gods, you should believe they’d smile more upon that, including draft lottery day"

Since I don't believe in the hockey Gods (or any God for that matter but thats a subject for another day) I am rooting for them to be dead last. I realize that the odds of landing McDavid are going to be low but I want as high as odds to get him and if not we are guaranteed Eichel - who would automatically be the Sabres best Player.

If there was no Eichel, for fellow Tank Nation would you still want to be last?

This is what I expect out of most of the roster. The guys on the team do not want to lose.

I doubt that will happen, but as far as message board talk goes, how successful is the franchise in Erie?

Could this be a team that could be moved to Buffalo as a Junior team here (I'd hope not, I'd rather see Buffalo become more of a College hockey town with an improving Canisius and/or Niagara Program)

Or could this lead to a partnership of sorts between the Otters and Sabres (saying down the road, the Otters play a handful of games in Buffalo, even in years without McDavid?)

Move to Buffalo or not, I can see Pegula picking up an OHL franchise like Erie to add to his regional empire, including Rochester and Elmira. The Sabres are becoming a bit like FC Barcelona, a team that has it's own youth academy and farm system to groom future talent.

Can Buffalo support an OHL team? Another 34 games at HarborCenter? Why not? I think the goal is to give people a reason to come to Pegulaville as often as possible. $10-15 tickets and dinner at [716] with the family.

Logistically moving to Buffalo would shave 90 minutes of travel time for the Otters, who play in the Midwest Division with London, Kitchener, Guelph and Owen Sound. But then again if Pegula owned them they would probably fly charter.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.