NHL Logo Rankings

Claude_Verret

Interesting thread. I always liked the classic Caps logo and was surprised to see it listed so soon.

Vancouver's my 2nd favorite team but I'm not surprised that hideous thing is ranked where it is.

"Classic logo?" What logo? The font? So weak. I hope they didn't pay anybody for it.

I've always thought the Sens logo was pretty brutal.

I agree with you there. I'm also not going to pick a logo as one of my favorites just because it is an original six team.

Personally, a lot of people put the Blue Jackets logo/uniforms toward the bottom of the list, they are actually in my top 5. Chicago I have always loved. San Jose sometimes I look at and go 'eh' but other times I like. Now that I think of it, I think I'm a big fan of multiple bright colors.

On the bottom of my list: I think the new Jets logo is pretty boring. The Wild might have the best designed logo, but it just doesn't look good to me. Not a big fan of Ottawa or Detroit either.

Does anyone know? are rankings derived just from the current logo? or are all logos taken into account?

It's based on current logo. The rankings are derived from the opinions of seven staffers at THN. Once they announce a team they open up for fan submissions of redesigned logos for that team. When the countdown is done they will release their favorite fan redesigns for each team.

In my eyes the Penguins logo is bar far the worst logo in the nhl.

It looks like a icehockey kindergarden logo.

And it's not even their worst ever logo. Remember the one that looked like it belonged on a feminine hygiene product?

Probably the most iconic (unless you think the Washington Monument, which wouldn't look good on a uniform, is more iconic).

Sometimes I really miss living there.

The Washington monument extending up from the waistline of a jersey? That would be awesome!

Speaking of monuments, the one in front of city hall has an inscription that first reads "this statue was erected" I was drunk at the taste of buffalo last year dipping my feet in and nearly fell in laughing

Today I learned that wyldnwoody is thirteen.

There's a company around here that builds towers (I assume like private windmills, radio, etc.) that has "We're proud of our erections" plastered on the side of their trucks. I couldn't decide if that was a positive or a negative. I applaud them for being a bit bold, but it might be a bit too juvenile to trust them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.