TRADE: Sabres acquire Josh Gorges from Montreal

Hoss

I have to say that the Gorges trade is the one I'm most excited about. He plays the game the right way.

I'm really scratching my head as to why Marc Bergavin would trade him for a 2nd.

He averaged 21 minutes a game last year.

Heck he averaged 23 minutes a game for the playoffs.

Solid 2nd pairing guy.

Enjoying the Gazette's pieces on this in Montreal.

Mixed emotions as Gorges heads to Buffalo

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/montreal-canadiens/Mixed+emotions+Gorges+heads+Buffalo/9991088/story.html

Gorges stunned by Habs’ desire to trade him, now waiting for next move

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/gorges-stunned-by-habs-desire-to-trade-him-now-waiting-for-next-move

The only thing that really makes sense with this is that Bergavin has to clear money to pay PK Subban.

the best part of this trade is all the leafs fans on their message boards butt-hurt that he chose buffalo but not toronto and saying how buffalo sucks and putting buffalo down… ummm i think they forget that they've made the playoffs once in the past decade. thanks for the laugh Gorges

Not just their fans, but their media as well. http://www.torontosu...-to-maple-leafs

The defenceman who picked the Buffalo Sabres over the Maple Leafs on Tuesday. He made that decision of supposedly sound mind, or so we are informed. He selected living in Buffalo and playing for quite possibly the worst team in the NHL over living in Toronto and playing in the so-called centre of the hockey universe.

He chose the armpit of America over one of the world’s great cities, current traffic and politics aside.

And some are quietly calling this the ultimate hockey insult. Because the Leafs want to scream out loud about this — but won’t.

Edited by ROC Sabres

My thoughts exactly. What I want to know is what is so toxic about Toronto as a team that things like this continue to happen? No one wants to play there.

You think it might have something to do with the misplaced sense of entitlement, and misguided elitism?

"Armpit of America"? Seriously, I was explaining to my kids on the way here that Canadians are awful people, and their driving is only a symptom of that condition.

Yeah read that article this morning and it just reminded me of the arrogance of a few of the Canadians I used to run into when I was growing up their in Buffalo.

This also reminds me why I always love to root against Toronto teams. Old joke we had growing up, whats Blue and lives in the cellar ? Maple Leafs, Argonauts and Blue Jays.....!!!

Never found that to be the case with the french canadian girls though, always nice.

My thoughts exactly. What I want to know is what is so toxic about Toronto as a team that things like this continue to happen? No one wants to play there.

What is often underestimated in hockey is the importance of friendships, respect, and the locker room.

The captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs is.........well.........- he's a self-centered prick.

This may or may not be true, but word is that when Mats Sudin finally had an official retirement party, half the Canadiens showed up out of respect for the man. The Captain of the Leafs at the time couldn't be bothered.

It's not the city. Players love the city.

Toronto has their captain signed to what? 2021.

"Armpit of America"? Seriously, I was explaining to my kids on the way here that Canadians are awful people, and their driving is only a symptom of that condition.

OMG. LMAO. Sizzle you can't be serious. Up here on the west coast we would generally agree with anything you could come up with about Torontonians but I'm not sure I could ever be so ignorant as to teach my children that the people of another nation are awful people. I guess we disagree on this one.

OMG. LMAO. Sizzle you can't be serious. Up here on the west coast we would generally agree with anything you could come up with about Torontonians but I'm not sure I could ever be so ignorant as to teach my children that the people of another nation are awful people. I guess we disagree on this one.

Canadians, yuck. Always up in your grill saying please and thank you, and apologizing for stuff and making lines and waiting patiently. :beer:

Im not really serious, don't worry.

I was going to jump in on this but glad you did first. There are unfortunatly a few "journalists" that make the city look bad. Anyone is entitled to raise their kids how they want but I hope you are just pissed about the article and not actually raising your kids with a disrespect for people based on place of origin.

Edit and now I see your response, figured as much.

Edited by Derrico

Lol great stuff.

Also having a captain that hates the team, a coach who is awful and a team that has made the playoffs once in the last decade.

Yea, they're just not very good but are under the delusion that they are. It very transparent. The Sabres can at least be honest about the situation.

I have to say that the Gorges trade is the one I'm most excited about. He plays the game the right way.

I'm really scratching my head as to why Marc Bergavin would trade him for a 2nd.

He averaged 21 minutes a game last year.

Heck he averaged 23 minutes a game for the playoffs.

Solid 2nd pairing guy.

Enjoying the Gazette's pieces on this in Montreal.

Mixed emotions as Gorges heads to Buffalo

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/montreal-canadiens/Mixed+emotions+Gorges+heads+Buffalo/9991088/story.html

Gorges stunned by Habs’ desire to trade him, now waiting for next move

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/gorges-stunned-by-habs-desire-to-trade-him-now-waiting-for-next-move

The only thing that really makes sense with this is that Bergavin has to clear money to pay PK Subban.

That or a brain tumor. Hope it's the former. :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.