TRADE: Sabres acquire Josh Gorges from Montreal

Hoss

If I hear the media in Vancouver say that their fans are so knowledgable about hockey again I will puke. That statement is usually followed by 2 or 3 calls during the phone in segment that literally make you want to bang your head off the wall. Actually I think its some kind of collective deep rooted insecurity that makes the fans and media of one city or the other proclaim that they are the best fan base.

We're better than Vancouver They don't win one Stanley Cup - they almost tear their own city apart in a moronic drunken fury. We don't win one in the same 40 years, and yet life continues normally in Western NY.

because we're used to the sports gods taking a dump on us? ;)

I was so hoping to find out the BC Lions (CFL) had gone to a bunch of Grey Cup games but never won it all. But they have, twice. In 1994, surprisingly enough, against the "Baltimore CFLers".

because we're used to the sports gods taking a dump on us? ;)

We've a far more mature fan-base here. We have moved through the 5 Kubler-Ross stages into the final stage - "Acceptance". Vancouver, however, foolishly languishes in the Denial and Anger stages. :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.