TRADE: Sabres acquire Josh Gorges from Montreal

Hoss

Surprising Montreal would trade him to a division rival...

If they were willing to send him to the Loafs, they MIGHT have been willing to talk to the B's.

Though had the Nords remained in place, probably would have even spoken to them; though they'd've put an IED in his hockey bag.

Rival is a stretch for the Sabres and anyone for the next few years. Maybe they figure by time the Sabres are good enough to be a problem, he'll be gone.

So long as we continue to pillage, there is at least one team that won't let go.

One team or one fanbase?

FWIW, when they were in Hartford, the fanbase (more or less misguidedly) thought the Sabres had a rivalry w/ them too. :lol:

From his conference call.

I knew my time in Montreal was over and looking ahead I wanted to evaluate the teams on the list," Gorges said. "Looking at Buffalo, I always had a lot of respect for Ted Nolan as a head coach, the new ownership, what they're doing with the that team and the direction they're heading. I felt it was a good opportunity to go in and help with a good, young time. I figured it's a good fit for me and for my family and we're excited about it."

the best part of this trade is all the leafs fans on their message boards butt-hurt that he chose buffalo but not toronto and saying how buffalo sucks and putting buffalo down… ummm i think they forget that they've made the playoffs once in the past decade. thanks for the laugh Gorges

the best part of this trade is all the leafs fans on their message boards butt-hurt that he chose buffalo but not toronto and saying how buffalo sucks and putting buffalo down… ummm i think they forget that they've made the playoffs once in the past decade. thanks for the laugh Gorges

And that in a lockout shortened season that they didn't have time for a full regular season collpse - they had to wait for the playoffs for the traditional collapse.

Why isn't anyone asking the important question....

With Moulson and Gorges both wearing #26, whose name am I going to get to write on yellow duct tape to slap on my Vanek jerseys?

Has to be Moulson. He wore it here just a short while ago. The team would likely push Gorges to take something else.

Gorges wore 7 in Kelowna (retired in Buffalo), 6 in SJ (taken by Weber) and 26 otherwise (may be taken by Moulson).

Moulson has worn multiple other numbers including 28 in LA (Girgensons) and 24 at Cornell.

But I still think the smart move is to have Moulson stick with 26.

Edited by Tankalicious

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.