6/30: Murray and Reinhart Live Presser

26CornerBlitz

Classy move on the part of the Sabres at today's presser. :thumbsup:

@TWCNewsBuffalo

#Sabres Q&A welcoming Sam Reinhart to #WNY ends with welcome home to Major Patrick Miller http://bit.ly/1r7o3vX

BrZouZLCUAABy6J.jpg

So maybe I'm out of the loop: who is Major Patrick Miller? Does he have some sort of connection with the Sabres?

So maybe I'm out of the loop: who is Major Patrick Miller? Does he have some sort of connection with the Sabres?

He almost died at the attack on Fort Hood. He tweeted that he was going to be down at FNC and the Sabres invited him up for a pic.

GMTM said "...they know we will be adding 2-3 very good players through the draft for the next 3-4 years." Did he just let slip that he expects us to suck for 3-4 MORE YEARS? I don't know about you guys, but a five year tank would be unbearable to me...

I think you're reading way too much negativity into it. I think he meant they plan on being successful at drafting s couple NHL players each year, not that they plan on being top-3 picks for those years.

Is chz daydrinking and spilling the beans about the previous endeavor????

This could be.....AWE-SOME!!!!!

It went so far he was gonna sue me. So I chz'd him. lol

Anywho... I liked the presser. Much better than the Darcy promises daydreaming pressers.

I think you're reading way too much negativity into it. I think he meant they plan on being successful at drafting s couple NHL players each year, not that they plan on being top-3 picks for those years.

Thats how I read it as well. I believe he would be expecting playoffs in 2016.

The word know, however, ("they know we'll be adding…" does imply higher picks. Drafting two to three very good players doesn't happen to every team every year. It wouldn't be any drafted player's expectation. How's that for parsing?

The word know, however, ("they know we'll be adding…" does imply higher picks. Drafting two to three very good players doesn't happen to every team every year. It wouldn't be any drafted player's expectation. How's that for parsing?

You can't spell parsing without PA.

I think it goes back to the disconnect in language between scouts/executives and fans. A scout would look at somebody like Jarret Stoll and call him a very good player. He is, he's a very good 3rd line player...but you rarely hear a scout or executive use the "3rd line" qualifier, so it may cause a fan's ears to perk up and say "wait, Stoll? What?" I think Murray is simply saying he expects to get a couple of NHL players every year, which is pretty typical when drafting.

GMTM said "...they know we will be adding 2-3 very good players through the draft for the next 3-4 years." Did he just let slip that he expects us to suck for 3-4 MORE YEARS? I don't know about you guys, but a five year tank would be unbearable to me...

I don't think the guy who made that announcement on our first pick Friday is going to plan on sucking for 3-4 more years....

Hold the horses there bud. I believe the quote is adding not drafting. Big difference. He also said adding to the team and not to the organization. Also a big difference.

All he was saying was that 2 to 3 young players that they have drafted or have acquired or will draft next year will be making the team each year in the next 2 to 3 to 4 years.

I also heard him say, that the foundation of the team was already there and this would be a quick rebuild.

I have a feeling he has one or two free agents coming as well.

Edited by Heimdall

Hold the horses there bud. I believe the quote is adding not drafting. Big difference. He also said adding to the team and not to the organization. Also a big difference.

All he was saying was that 2 to 3 young players that they have drafted or have acquired or will draft next year will be making the team each year in the next 2 to 3 to 4 years.

Nicely parsed.

I interpret GMTM as basically knowing that some teams are going over the cap with some f/a shopping and he will be taking a player that the team will have trade as a result. Obviously with how much we have to spend that wont be the only play. But I wonder if he's already had this discussion with a gm or two.

Sorry Tankers. We've bottomed out this year. Let us pray the Isle flat out suck instead!

I think he was referring to the guys already in the organization, the guys we just drafted, plus the guys we'll take next year that will be graduating to the big club.

I think his base rebuild is done by the end of the 2015 draft, but he intends to continue to draft quality players for 3 to 4 years.

He doesn't seem to be all that saddened by the draft changes in 2016 thus I'd assume he doesn't intend to be near the very bottom.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.