Bettman is a disgrace and should not appear in ceremonies

SDS

I'm sick and tired of this guy ruining every single Cup ceremony and every single draft. Why can't the league send out someone who doesn't have boos rained down upon them for the last 15 years? The moments when the spotlight is the brightest on the NHL should be a time of rejoicing, not constant reminders of the hatred for this guy.

And I don't buy that he's the only guy that can make the NHL money.

I'm sick and tired of this guy ruining every single Cup ceremony and every single draft. Why can't the league send out someone who doesn't have boos rained down upon them for the last 15 years? The moments when the spotlight is the brightest on the NHL should be a time of rejoicing, not constant reminders of the hatred for this guy.

And I don't buy that he's the only guy that can make the NHL money.

Hire a former player to MC events like the draft and the Cup Ceremony.

The 2015 NHL Draft hosted by Mark Messier

Have hall of famers from each team in the finals on standby to present the cup.

Scott,

Does it matter what lipstick they use on the NHL pig? Or to quote Jules Winnfield:

Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charming mother######in' pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

Why can't it be in great shape and not have boos? It isn't either or...

Forgive me while my feeble mind tries to stay on topic, but my understanding of the league is that the Canadian Markets and a few select US markets drive the economics of the NHL. To say that it's in great shape is not really accurately describing the state of the NHL. In a few select markets, it thrives. Otherwise it's a niche sport where the Canadian markets and hockey crazed communities like Buffalo keep it going.

Now this entire conversation really has nothing to do with Bettman getting booed. He's a tool and Philly knows it, hence the reception he gets.

Forgive me while my feeble mind tries to stay on topic, but my understanding of the league is that the Canadian Markets and a few select US markets drive the economics of the NHL. To say that it's in great shape is not really accurately describing the state of the NHL. In a few select markets, it thrives. Otherwise it's a niche sport where the Canadian markets and hockey crazed communities like Buffalo keep it going.

Now this entire conversation really has nothing to do with Bettman getting booed. He's a tool and Philly knows it, hence the reception he gets.

Don't all sports commissioners get booed?

Don't all sports commissioners get booed?

I don't think so. Bettman gets it the worst by far, regardless of venue. I don't think I have ever heard Goodell get booed at the draft or at the Super Bowl.

personally, I don't think the typical NHL fan is intelligent enough to realize that Bettman has actually improved the standing of the NHL,and is just booing out of habit, or thinks that's what they're supposed to be doing.

Morons boo bettman, basically.

though, after this draft lottery revision debacle, maybe it's deserved.

How about fans showing some class and not embarrassing their city. Bettman does what his bosses, the owners want. Boo Ed Snider, he's one of the influential owners. It's like if people booed a principal at a high school graduation. I hope if the draft is ever in Buffalo the fans show more class.

How about fans showing some class and not embarrassing their city. Bettman does what his bosses, the owners want. Boo Ed Snider, he's one of the influential owners. It's like if people booed a principal at a high school graduation. I hope if the draft is ever in Buffalo the fans show more class.

You expect Buffalo to refrain from booing him despite No Goal? Pfffft....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.