Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Absolutely.. Someone needs to use Harbor Place.

Given the amount of youth hockey tournaments occurring at Harbor Center this year I think it will be well used. Those tournaments are great because the mandate the teams stay in certain hotels or they can't make it out of round robin play. (Talk about BS). It makes the youth hockey teams some extra cash though as the host team gets a percentage of the rooms booked.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic X, but this is juicy to me. I know crazy early, but will be rooting for the Canes like crazy tonight.

BTW, i am sure this was on here, but Grabner out indefinitely with sports hernia...i think that hurts the Isles more than just a bit.

I just can't understand only scheduling one game on a Friday, during the season.

I'm interested in the outcome of Canes/Isles, but only as far as the Carrion League Standings.

the Carrion League being: Edmonton, Carolina, Buffalo, Florida, Arizona, Winnipeg, Isles, Calgary.

So with all of the games going on tonight, Puck Daddy made a decent drinking game out of it to play.

http://sports.yahoo....-151638655.html

But what's really good about this article is what I founds out that Joe Thorton said to (Adam Oates?) last year at a presser. Oates was mad at Hertle for his goals celebration or something when he scored 4 in one night, and Thorton responded with...

Hearing a question to Marleau about Hertl and whether he was showboating, Thornton said: “Shut up, have you ever played the game?”

When the press turned his way, he then added:

“I’d have my [rooster] out if I scored four goals. I’d have my [rooster] out, stroking it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/puck-daddy/joe-thornton-four-goal-game-celebration-probably-better-195736956--nhl.html

Edited by WildCard

Tell me I'm wrong. There's no point in arguing with you about anything because you'll just move the goalposts. It's fine, we know you by now.

What you said doesnt take away from what I said, at all. We got the lesser of the two brothers. That's all I was saying and that's all there is to it. I'm not saying management made a mistake (which seems to be what your response is addressing).

That or you're saying it's not fair to call Nick the better brother since he's been around long. To which I say that Nick was better when he first game into the league than Marcus has been. It'll take a decent jump for Marcus to be as good as Nick. I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by Tankalicious

Yes. A very good one.

He's a former 1st round pick. Marcus is doing OK considering where he was drafted.

And, in reference to the point D4rk was making, Markus is still growing as a player. Nick is what he is, a 1st round pick 3rd liner.

Edited by weave

He's a former 1st round pick. Marcus is doing OK considering where he was drafted.

And, in reference to the point D4rk was making, Markus is still growing as a player. Nick is what he is, a 1st round pick 3rd liner.

If I got Nick Foligno out of the 28th overall pick I would be very happy. He does a bit of everhthing for you. Has grown into a leader there.

Marcus probably isn't going to be much more than what he is now. Doesn't appear to be a legitimate NHL talent, to me. He overachieved for his draft spot, but he's still likely an AHL player that has benefitted from his name and a forward-thin franchise.

Wayne Simmonds with his fourth goal of the year.

If I got Nick Foligno out of the 28th overall pick I would be very happy. He does a bit of everhthing for you. Has grown into a leader there.

Marcus probably isn't going to be much more than what he is now. Doesn't appear to be a legitimate NHL talent, to me. He overachieved for his draft spot, but he's still likely an AHL player that has benefitted from his name and a forward-thin franchise.

Interesting. You suggested a little while back that a mid round pick Grigorenko needs to be a top line goal scorer to make you happy but 10 picks further back a role player is a very happy pick.

You confuse me,

Interesting. You suggested a little while back that a mid round pick Grigorenko needs to be a top line goal scorer to make you happy but 10 picks further back a role player is a very happy pick.

You confuse me,

I don't think I ever said Grigs needs to be on the first line or a goal scorer, but I do believe the 12th pick should be in your top six and playing well. Worst case should be a third liner that still puts up a good amount of points. Somebody 16 spots back is different. In the late first round you're just looking for guys that will be able to contribute to your team on a consistent basis.

Edited by Tankalicious

I don't think I ever said Grigs needs to be on the first line or a goal scorer, but I do believe the 12th pick should be in your top six and playing well. Worst case should be a third liner that still puts up a good amount of points. Somebody 16 spots back is different. In the late first round you're just looking for guys that will be able to contribute to your team on a consistent basis.

I don't recall the thread, but I said that a pick in mid first round is 50/50 to ever have a meaningful NHL career and that if Grigo managed to develop into a good 3rd line center it would be a successful pick. And you did counter that Grigo had to be (I don't recall if you said exactly, but I felt it was strongly implied) a top line scorer for your team or the pick was wasted, or a failure, or some such thing. Pick 28 has pretty similar odds to making an NHL impact at all as the 12 pick has. They aren't that different.

Nick is a nice player. I wouldn't complain if he was on my team. I'm not going to bitch about Markus because he's not as good as his brother. He never was the prospect Nick was. Just being here is against the odds.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.