USHL Expansion Team Coming to Buffalo?

Brawndo

I hope that's an amateur mock-up. I'm not sure what pterodactyls (wow, spelled right the first try) have to do with Buffalo. That's fine for Rochester or some other city that doesn't have a built-in animal totem, but if there's going to be an animal it should be large, furry, and horned.

I hope that's an amateur mock-up. I'm not sure what pterodactyls (wow, spelled right the first try) have to do with Buffalo. That's fine for Rochester or some other city that doesn't have a built-in animal totem, but if there's going to be an animal it should be large, furry, and horned.

In the best Cliff Claven tradition, pterodactyls have as much to do with Buffalo as Sabres, Bandits or in fact, the American Bison. No "buffaloes" ever lived in the area; as far as I know, there were no well-known sword-makers and while I'm sure there were (and are) bandits, I'm pretty sure they did not use lacrosse sticks as their weapon of choice. (and please don't take me seriously - it's late in the workday and I'm getting bored... :D )

Well there's this pterodactyl awesomeness...

Insert video that chz will mod out

Edited by Spndnchz

I think we would have a lot of local kids that would play here at home in this league under this scenario. I think it would be good but I would also wonder outside of the parents how are they going to get 1800 per game there?

I had no idea the Buffalo Wings still existed.

The RHI version was the best

1431.gif

IIRC, they never won a championship, unlike their predecessor Stampede. The Stampede were fun to watch; plus you got free hot dogs from Ted's for going to the games. (Veccharelli (sp?) always came through.)

In the best Cliff Claven tradition, pterodactyls have as much to do with Buffalo as Sabres, Bandits or in fact, the American Bison. No "buffaloes" ever lived in the area; as far as I know, there were no well-known sword-makers and while I'm sure there were (and are) bandits, I'm pretty sure they did not use lacrosse sticks as their weapon of choice. (and please don't take me seriously - it's late in the workday and I'm getting bored... :D )

:) (true, but Buffalo Cross-border Shoppers doesn't have a ring to it)

They might have wanted to stay away from a buffalo because of this:

http://www.sfstampede.com/

I think we would have a lot of local kids that would play here at home in this league under this scenario. I think it would be good but I would also wonder outside of the parents how are they going to get 1800 per game there?

The league has a draft, so there's no guarantee that a Buffalo-area kid winds up on this team. It could definitely draw more local kids to the league though.

Is Buffalo a hockey town? If yes, people will come out for the USHL. Also keep in mind it's affordable entertainment for families staying at HarborCenter for youth tournaments.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If the USHL becomes a reality, how would that affect the Jr. Sabres? I think they're owned by the Alumni Association, no? The USHL would be a more prestigious league than the OJHL, but I wonder how easy it would be to switch leagues with that franchise. Either way I can't see HarborCenter supporting both.

If the USHL becomes a reality, how would that affect the Jr. Sabres? I think they're owned by the Alumni Association, no? The USHL would be a more prestigious league than the OJHL, but I wonder how easy it would be to switch leagues with that franchise. Either way I can't see HarborCenter supporting both.

It doesn't seem like the USHL goes with any teams that are loosely affiliated with the NHL teams. All of those Jr. Sabre and Jr. Bruin teams are in leagues like the OJHL and EJHL (or whatever is becoming of that league. I have no idea if there is something to this or not, but maybe the USHL is not open to the move you're suggesting.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.