Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

Karlsson dropped for being a softie.

Hasnt Kylington been playing with men since he was 16 or something ridiculous like that?

I honestly haven't paid much attention to him this season.

He started in the SHL (top league) got loaned to a team in the 2nd division and then demoted again to the Junior team.  

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=142238

Draft Profile #9: Pavel Zacha

"has the size and skills to be a power forward one day at the NHL level, but also possesses elite skill to be a sniper, or a top notch playmaker. In the offensive end, he really can do it all.  He has the power to get through checks and drive the net, and the soft hands necessary to finish in close.  Zacha’s wrist shot is elite. He shows great power and a hair trigger release."

He started in the SHL (top league) got loaned to a team in the 2nd division and then demoted again to the Junior team.  

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=142238

Just as a heads up, what are the other defensemen that you prefer to him.  I'm trying to get more prepared, but have to admit I've been so focused on the top of the draft talent overall.  Just a couple of names that I can do my own research on?

Just as a heads up, what are the other defensemen that you prefer to him.  I'm trying to get more prepared, but have to admit I've been so focused on the top of the draft talent overall.  Just a couple of names that I can do my own research on?

Jakub Zboril, Jacob Larsson, and maybe Brandon Carlo

Draft Profile #9: Pavel Zacha

"has the size and skills to be a power forward one day at the NHL level, but also possesses elite skill to be a sniper, or a top notch playmaker. In the offensive end, he really can do it all.  He has the power to get through checks and drive the net, and the soft hands necessary to finish in close.  Zacha’s wrist shot is elite. He shows great power and a hair trigger release."

If the Islanders lose out in Round 1 - this is the guy I would love to see on the Sabres. i've seen him ranked lower due to his tough season - injuries, suspensions and not putting up the offensive numbers some thought he would. My guess would be he is gone by the time the Sabres are on the board with their 2nd pick (assuming they don't trade it) but you never know.

Jakub Zboril, Jacob Larsson, and maybe Brandon Carlo

Vande Sompel from Oshawa maybe Dunn from Niagara with a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Jeremy Roy out of the Q would be another that would be a good skating Dman. I am sure someone is going to look at the offensive upside and skating ability of Kylington and take a flyer on him at some point in the 1st round.

Can I steal NS thing and go

VANDE SOMPEL!!!!

I'll be at the Gens game tonight watching him closely again.  He has 2+2 in the 5 games of the first round.  He is undersized but seems comfortable in the D zone and is a magician on the Power Play.

Can I steal NS thing and go

VANDE SOMPEL!!!!

I'll be at the Gens game tonight watching him closely again.  He has 2+2 in the 5 games of the first round.  He is undersized but seems comfortable in the D zone and is a magician on the Power Play.

I like Sompel.  I would take him in the later second. 

So with a top 2 pick locked in, what are the chances BUF can trade up from 2 to 1 if they lose the lottery?

I wouldn't put it past GMTM.

Rumor has it tpegs is infatuated with mcdavid so I wouldn't doubt Murray will make the calls. I think the price tag will end up scaring us off though.

So with a top 2 pick locked in, what are the chances BUF can trade up from 2 to 1 if they lose the lottery?

I wouldn't put it past GMTM.

I wouldn't put it past him either just because Murray has shown a willingness to pay for things, but I wouldn't do it.

If we're moving assets this offseason, I'd rather it was to build around Eichel than to upgrade from Eichel to McDavid.

I wouldn't put it past him either just because Murray has shown a willingness to pay for things, but I wouldn't do it.

If we're moving assets this offseason, I'd rather it was to build around Eichel than to upgrade from Eichel to McDavid.

Me too.

I'm not sure Tim agrees with us though.

If the price is as high as it could be, he better agree with us.

I'd rather have Zemgus, Risto, Samson and Eichel than sacrificing two of those plus a lot more to get McDavid.

Edited by dudacek

the topic of trading #2 for #1 should have its own Thread in my opinion.

I can see it be interesting to discuss but at the end of the day its not happening. Having McDavid as the face of any franchise is worth more financially (ticket and jersey sales, increase in advertising $'s) than anything the Sabres could offer from a hockey standpoint. This is especialy true when McDavid ends up in Toronto.

Ok, so we have locked up atleast 2nd pick in this years draft. There is nothing GMTM can do until the Lottery on the 18th. He has to be thinking to himself, we have either McDavid Or Eichel. Now he needs to focus on other players. Does GMTM go and trade for nhl ready players in this years draft or does he draft with the picks he has?? I think we need to take our 2nd first round pick and package it up for a solid winger or center. O'Reilly and Eriksson are the only 2 that come to mind that I think GMTM might be able to swing for in the draft. Any thoughts

Final lottery standings

1.  Buffalo Sabres        -- 20.0%
2.  Arizona Coyotes       -- 13.5%
3.  Edmonton Oilers       -- 11.5%
4.  Toronto Maple Leafs   --  9.5%
5.  Carolina Hurricanes   --  8.5%

6.  New Jersey Devils     --  7.5%

7.  Philadelphia Flyers   --  6.5%

8.  Columbus Blue Jackets --  6.0%

9.  San Jose Sharks       --  5.0%

10. Colorado Avalanche    --  3.5%

11. Florida Panthers      --  3.0%