Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

Last year BU had probably their worst season just about ever. They won one road game all year, the very last one. Now Eichel shows up (along with a very talented freshman class) and they will most likely be voted in as #1 in the country later today. I haven't been able to see much, but the kid has made a believer out of me.

The last thing we need is for ISIS to take an interest in the NHL draft.

Good catch. :)

I don't know what is confusing about saying ISS November rankings. Guess I needed to spell out International Scouting Services.

http://www.isshockey.com/iss-top-30/

Remember I excluded defenders after Hanafin (because Hanafin will be taken 3rd or 4th so he needed a listing).

No need to be a dick. It was confusing because you said it was the ISS rankings but then said you excluded defensemen... Which doesn't make sense.

Good catch. :)

No need to be a dick. It was confusing because you said it was the ISS rankings but then said you excluded defensemen... Which doesn't make sense.

It makes lots of sense. I excluded defenders from the rankings to look at the top 9 forwards instead of the top 10 players because looking at Defenders offensive production is basically worthless. I left in Noah Hanafin because he is the de facto #3/4 pick. So the resulting list is the top 9 forwards and their point totals. Something for people to compare to.

Well he can create chemistry with the one we will end up picking ....... Strome :ph34r:

Strome is like Reinhart but has a better shot and speed. Has good hockey IQ but not elite. Baptiste would tear it up on his wing.

Top 10 OHL Prospects according to 10 OHL Scouting Experts

Pavel Zacha: “Scoring just under a PPG on a below .500 team just reinforces the fact that stats need context in Pavel Zacha’s case. A brick house on skates, Zacha has been a pillar down the middle and shown individual explosiveness in open ice. Always dialed in as he supports the play, Zacha is relied on to lug the puck in transition and has a small man’s touch. This thoroughbred power center is about as much of a lock for top ten in the 2015 NHL Draft as there is with 3 S’s.” - Mauro

I was tempted to post part of Strome's write up but if you are interested it is there. I encourage everyone to read these as they are lengthy and very interesting. I was worried about my boy Zacha but it sounds like he is the offensive engine for a meh team. Those are the guys you want to draft IMPO. The offense generator. That is what is so encouraging about Strome, he is generating without Mcdavid. Read these if you want to know more beyond McDavid.

I still haven't seen any rankings where Hanifan falls out of the top 3 but if the Sabres somehow end up with the 4th pick put me down for team Marner.

All this kid does is put points up points at a McDavid pace this last month - 17 Goals (including 4 hat tricks) 11A in his last 9 games. Including back to back OHL player of the weeks.

just to put things into perspective Corey Perry (Knights all time leading scorer) put up 59points in his rookie year in London and 78points 1.16PPG the next year.

Marner also put up 59 on a 3rd line role with London last year (very little power play time). This year he has 44 points in 23 games 1.93 PPG.

If Reinhart turns out to be our Toews then maybe Marner is our Kane?

I still haven't seen any rankings where Hanifan falls out of the top 3 but if the Sabres somehow end up with the 4th pick put me down for team Marner.

All this kid does is put points up points at a McDavid pace this last month - 17 Goals (including 4 hat tricks) 11A in his last 9 games. Including back to back OHL player of the weeks.

just to put things into perspective Corey Perry (Knights all time leading scorer) put up 59points in his rookie year in London and 78points 1.16PPG the next year.

Marner also put up 59 on a 3rd line role with London last year (very little power play time). This year he has 44 points in 23 games 1.93 PPG.

I don't know what to think about this really. While it's impressive that he's dominating the competition like that, I seriously have to question the level of competition. I'm not sure the CHL is the be-all, end-all league that it's cracked up to be anymore.

GO SABRES!!!

Disclaimer...I know nothing about Marner except what I read here. 5'10" 165 lbs with a top 5 pick?? :o

So Zacha has now gotten a couple of games for a slue foot and six for this. Not sure if I like him more or want to stay away after knowing that.

Jagr was a dbag as a kid too. Just sayin. Edited by 3putt

That's why he's not getting more hype.

Remember, he's 17 and could fill out.

Joe Sakic was 5'10" 190. Lafontaine was smaller.

Sorry but two years of tanking has me brainwashed into believing that anything but McEichel is going to be a huge letdown. In fact another win tonight, and I may go into hiding. :lol: