Semifinals Thread

Eleven

Guest Sloth

LA has Crawford's number. Going to be tough for the Hawks the way the Kings are playing.

An LA NY finals is awfully appealing.

And I'd pull for LA in a heartbeat. Do not care for the Rangers at all. Would prefer to see Montreal in the finals.

I agree. This matters and it's way I am willing to overpay for Callahan (a good second liner in today's NHL).

This team is set to be bad for years. Why would an athlete, in his prime, want to endure the type of losing ahead of this franchise?

This team is set to be bad for years. Why would an athlete, in his prime, want to endure the type of losing ahead of this franchise?

IF the Sabres land McDavid, it won't be too difficult to land FA's. This summer, it'll be easier to pull their remaining teeth.

LA has Crawford's number. Going to be tough for the Hawks the way the Kings are playing.

Looks like I need to root for 2 - 1-3 series comebacks. Doubt I get either.

And w/ 3 goals on 4 shots, you're 1st sentence is a serious understatement. (Though he had no chance on the last 2 goals.)

And I'd pull for LA in a heartbeat. Do not care for the Rangers at all. Would prefer to see Montreal in the finals.

I would have no horse in that race, but it will be an excellent series to watch. LA and the Rangers are built similarly. I'm more familiar with LA, but others here have been touting the Ranger; in either case they're the kind of teams the Sabres ought to model their development after.

A lot of it has to do with a well balanced mix of everything.

And before anyone accuses me of pointing out the obvious, I said it after LA won their cup a few seasons ago.

I think a certain segment of the fanbase wants them to be "bad for years", but the reaility is that they're in a position to make themselves competitive as soon as next year. Just depends what happens this summer. They already have three picks in the first next year.

I'd go with the Rangers. I really don't mind the Rags at all, and on the other hand I hate the Kings. I guess I don't really know why, last time they were in the Finals I didn't even watch a game.

Wow, this is a complete ass raping by the Kings.

This metaphor is a close second to "stepping on their throats" as my least favorite only because TV announcers don't usually delve into the subject of fanny sex.

Not sure why everything got all super violent when describing sporting events.

This will be the beginning of the end of Quenneville in Chicago. His team isn't responding to his style anymore.

Only if he wants to retire soon. Quenneville will have a long leash in Chicago. Two cups. Team still has too much talent for them to not compete consistently for years... It's the conference finals. Can't win a cup every year (well, you could...).

Only if he wants to retire soon. Quenneville will have a long leash in Chicago. Two cups. Team still has too much talent for them to not compete consistently for years... It's the conference finals. Can't win a cup every year (well, you could...).

They're losing this series not because of a lack of talent, but from a lack of effort and will. That's on the coach the first time around for most organizations.

They're losing this series not because of a lack of talent, but from a lack of effort and will. That's on the coach the first time around for most organizations.

So they lack effort against the highest effort team in the league and one of the greatest coaches of all time will be fired soon because of it?

So they lack effort against the highest effort team in the league and one of the greatest coaches of all time will be fired soon because of it?

Hyperbole much? Oh, I forgot who I'm talking to. Dick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.