What would you offer Miller to come back?

mjd1001

He might not want to, but now that both he and the Sabres are eliminated, what would you offer him?

Blank Check, he can write his own deal?

6 years, $40 million

3 years, $14 million

Nothing, don't want him back?

Any other ideas?

Personally, I kinda like Miller, but I don't want him back at all. I'm at the point where I want to see what the current crop of young guys do/can turn into.

Edited by mjd1001

I agree that I wouldn't want him back, just I'm surprised in the first few responses there aren't a lot that say they want him back. I seem to remember before he was traded, it was about 50-50 whether people wanted him gone, and the ones that wanted him to say were throwing around "give him 6 or 7 years at $7 per year" kinda stuff.

I'd love to have Miller back, but that's only to see him in a Sabre's uni again. His return would be a detriment to this team, mostly because it would take away valuable playing time from Enroth, Neuv., Hackett, etc.

Plus, if you bring him back it sends the wrong message to the fans and that locker room. We got rid of him to begin in a new, clear direction. Bringing him back would just muddle that image

I don't think Miller wants to be back in Buffalo (he may not be the biggest fan of Nolan) and the Sabres need to see what they have with Enroth and Neuvirth and others in the system. Need to look foward, not backward.

The Ducks have had all sorts of goaltending issues in their series with the Stars. They might emerge as an option for Miller, especially if they get bounced by Dallas.

I don't even think I'd do it then, to be honest.

If Envirth turn out to be Fleury (maybe, maybe not) in three years, you'll re-think this, no?

BTW, my prediction is Miller to Pit, for just that reason.

Edited by Eleven

Also: Buffalo can only offer him seven years.

Yeah, I was not being serious at all, my bad for not using an emoticon :P

If Envirth turn out to be Fleury (maybe, maybe not) in three years, you'll re-think this, no?

BTW, my prediction is Miller to Pit, for just that reason.

Guess my assumption was, if we were contenders, I don't know if there'd be much of a goaltending issue that would be fixed by bringing him in, just like was the case in St. Louis, this year.

Miller, on a better team, was not better. Save percentage dropped from .923 to .903. Was not a difference maker in the series. Ryan is past his prime so I would let him play out his career on someone else's roster. Now he realizes that he was on a team that was favored to make a strong run to the Cup but now he is going home.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.