2014-2015 Roster

Stads

Even in 2017?

No way Stafford, Meszaros are on the team i 2017 and Hodgeson/Stewart (if still around) are on the top line.

Bovada puts the O/U for the sabres at 65 1/2. Anyone think they'll be that bad? I'm taking the over. The next two lowest teams are Calgary at 71 1/2 and Florida at 73 1/2.

Low 60's sounds about perfect to me - I will take the under.

Edited by Crusader1969

A lot of the kids would have to get awful good awful quickly for Weber not to be a regular.

Don't even need the kids for that, well maybe one, but we got Pysyk, Benoit, Meszaros to take his spot.

And really i got a little kid running away from a tank, Don't see anyone doing better. Any discussion is now closed.

Edited by Heimdall

NHL.com's 30 in 15 series has this projected Sabres lineup;

PROJECTED LINEUP

FORWARDS

M. Moulson T. Ennis D. Stafford

C. Hodgson Z. Girgensons C. Stewart

M. Foligno S. Reinhart B. Gionta

C. McCormick B. Flynn P. Kaleta

Extras: T. Mitchell N. Deslauriers

DEFENSEMEN

J. Gorges T. Myers

M. Pysyk A. Meszaros

A. Benoit C. Ruhwedel

Extras: M. Weber

GOALIES

J. Enroth

M. Neuvirth

Seems about right. I'm not convinced Rudy makes the squad. I could see Risto bumping him. Also seems to be a model for another lousy season. At least they are just about all NHL caliber players.

edit: Huh. When I pasted it there were lines in a table format. I'll have to try again.

Edited by weave

PROJECTED LINEUP

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

J. Gorges T. Myers

M. Pysyk A. Meszaros

A. Benoit C. Ruhwedel

GOALIES

J. Enroth

M. Neuvirth

Seems about right. I'm not convinced Rudy makes the squad. I could see Risto bumping him. Also seems to be a model for another lousy season. At least they are just about all NHL caliber players.

edit: Huh. When I pasted it there were lines in a table format. I'll have to try again.

I could see Risto also making the lineup. I'm not a Weber fan and could care less if he's on this squad. As much as I like Reinhart I still think he needs another year before being fulltime just like what Tampa did with Drouin.

I'd be surprised if Risto is not a Sabre opening night.

Reinhart is no lock, and Larsson will make a big push.

Other than that, looks pretty likely (and pretty likely a nice ticket in the McDavid derby).

I think you could see Larsson as the 3rd line C this year and Reinhart going back to juniors. Ristolainen will play his way onto the team at some point. His calm steady play is only getting better.

PROJECTED LINEUP

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

J. Gorges T. Myers

M. Pysyk A. Meszaros

A. Benoit C. Ruhwedel

GOALIES

J. Enroth

M. Neuvirth

That's not looking like a very good team.

That's not looking like a very good team.

I see 2 possible 20g guys and maybe 3-4 possible 50pt guys. We simply won't have enough scoring most nights to win. To me you should reasonably be scoring 3 goals a night an expecting your GT to allow 2. I know the actually averages would be higher on teams but that is usually the baseline. This team will have a difficult time scoring 3 goals and only allowing 2. I am thinking we land right around 65pts for the year with roughly 170-180 goals scored.

Not disagreeing with your general points LGR, but there are actually six guys up front who have scored 20 on this team, and of that group only Gionta is past his prime. It's going to take Nolan creating some unexpected chemistry for more than a handful to reach that this year.

Not disagreeing with your general points LGR, but there are actually six guys up front who have scored 20 on this team, and of that group only Gionta is past his prime. It's going to take Nolan creating some unexpected chemistry for more than a handful to reach that this year.

I was specifically not thinking of guys who have scored 20 at one point in their careers but guys who will score that this year. At most I see 3 players on this Sabres squad reaching 20goals. Stafford, Gionta, Stewart are long shots. Moulson should and I could see one of Ennis or Hodgson also hitting that mark. Again at most I see 3 guys. We had a terrible time scoring last year and didn't really add any offensive talent back into the team. Drew could have a good year but I am not sure he is a player you can count on.

I think Stafford is going to hit 20 for sure.

He turned a corner last year, but all that really matters is his contract is up.

The one I'm really curious about is Stewart. He scored 15 in just 26 games in the lockout year.

Also a pending RFA, who wants to prove Hitch wrong.

This team will still struggle to score. The only chance they have of sniffing the playoffs is if Envirth plays out of their minds and guys like Ennis, Stewart and Foligno step up and start scoring at a regular pace. Ennis and Foligno need to take the next step in their development, this is a critical year for them. Stewart needs to regain his 30 goal form and stay healthy. If those 3 guys produce and Neuroth catches fire, then yeah, maybe they can sniff a playoff spot.

That said, this could be one of the worst seasons for any team in NHL history. If they're going to bottom out, the timing is right. Tank on!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.