Elmira Jackals (ECHL) to affiliate with Buffalo Sabres

26CornerBlitz

Elmira Jackals to affiliate with Buffalo Sabres

The Elmira Jackals will affiliate with the Buffalo Sabres, team officials announced at a press conference this afternoon at First Arena.

Jackals co-owners Tom Freeman and Nate Cook are at the press event now with Chemung County Executive Tom Santulli.

The Jackals completed their 2013-14 season Saturday with a 7-0 loss to the Gwinnett Gladiators. Elmira finished 24-40-3-5, dropping 14 of its last 16 games. The Jackals missed the ECHL playoffs for the first time since they joined the league for the 2007-08 season.

Look for updates throughout the afternoon.

20140416-ElmiraPresserTopStory.jpg

04/17 – Sabres Affiliate with Elmira Jackals (4/17/14). <1:42>

SABRES SIGN AFFILIATION AGREEMENT WITH ELMIRA JACKALS OF ECHL

The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has signed an affiliation agreement with the Elmira Jackals of the ECHL, the professional developmental league for the American Hockey League (AHL) and the National Hockey League. Elmira joins the Rochester Americans, the Sabres’ AHL affiliate, as the chief minor-league development teams for the Buffalo Sabres organization.

“Proper development is essential in maintaining a competitive roster at the NHL level,” said Sabres general manager Tim Murray. “Having Elmira as an additional source to develop our young talent will certainly help our entire organization going forward. We’re proud to have the Jackals as part of our organization and, with the Amerks in Rochester, we now have the added bonus of working with minor-league affiliates that are no further than 150 miles from Buffalo.”

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

With all the kids we've got coming, we are going to need another team for them to play on.

Look for the Sabres to continue using the loophole of signing players to minor league contracts to get around the 50 contract cap, ie Colton Gillies and Alex Lepkowski.

No kidding. That logo is fug. I want to look good when we lift the Kelly Cup and parade all the way to Horseheads.

I may have to go looking through the rest of the ECHL jerseys because I get the feeling that there's a lot of those at that level. Hell, we're talking about the league that does crazy themed nights with plaid or tie dye jerseys.

I may have to go looking through the rest of the ECHL jerseys because I get the feeling that there's a lot of those at that level. Hell, we're talking about the league that does crazy themed nights with plaid or tie dye jerseys.

Nope. Most other teams have better looking jerseys (a lot of them are sharp). Hell, the jackals played in pink jerseys for boobs for a game and they looked much better than our normal white homes.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Nope. Most other teams have better looking jerseys (a lot of them are sharp). Hell, the jackals played in pink jerseys for boobs for a game and they looked much better than our normal white homes.

It's obviously a personal thing, but I'm seeing my fair share of ugly as I go through the ECHL website. To be fair though, the site is difficult to work with, so I'm not going to bother looking at everything. And strangely enough, Elmira isn't even included in the store section of that page.

It's obviously a personal thing, but I'm seeing my fair share of ugly as I go through the ECHL website. To be fair though, the site is difficult to work with, so I'm not going to bother looking at everything. And strangely enough, Elmira isn't even included in the store section of that page.

Yeah, they're all pretty bad. But they're supposed to be. It's AA hockey.

Yeah, I like it that way. It's almost like if you want to not be embarrassed by wearing a stupid jersey, you better become a better hockey player. You have to earn your way up to not looking stupid.

Going by the standards set by other ECHL teams, I'm thankful they're not the Elmira Ice Eels.

If it was my team, I'd model my sweaters after the Amerks' and name them the Elmira Eagles.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.