The Joke's Over

Doohickie

According to Mike Weber.

I expect training camp to be what training camp should be for a 30th place team, it should be hard, it should be intense and Teddy is making sure every guy knows that. We’re not joking around anymore, there has to be a new standard. That word has been thrown around for a couple of years, but enough is enough, the joke’s over.

I like hearing that out of him. He is a tough guy. I hope he has a good camp and a good year next year.

How 'bout making this thread about the positive changes as expressed by the players?

According to Mike Weber.

I like hearing that out of him. He is a tough guy. I hope he has a good camp and a good year next year.

How 'bout making this thread about the positive changes as expressed by the players?

The joke will really be over when he's no longer a player who's regularly in the lineup. :(

That is a loser's comment if I ever heard one. Oh, NOW you're gonna get serious? Really? Ooooh, watch out Mike Weber is gonna get serious about being a hockey player now. Laughable. I doubt Weber even makes the squad.

GO SABRES!!!

The joke may be over but for many the Sabres are the laughingstock of the league. A sad sack organization that just can't seem to get it right even when they do get it right ( see PF ). This is one year nobody will forget for all the wrong reasons.

That is a loser's comment if I ever heard one. Oh, NOW you're gonna get serious? Really? Ooooh, watch out Mike Weber is gonna get serious about being a hockey player now. Laughable. I doubt Weber even makes the squad.

GO SABRES!!!

I don't doubt his dedication or his efforts, both on and off the rink.

I also don't doubt his sincerity.

He knows he's a 5-7 guy. Talent aside, It burns more for a guy busting his ass for his 14 min when the guy mailing it in is getting 22.

I just think it's a stupid comment in every way possible.

He complains about the lack of success on a team when he's one of the main contributors to their failures. No matter how large the soft spot many on this board have for a guy like him who works hard... he had the 5th worst plus/minus in the NHL.

He's risking insulting the way things are done on a team that could easily move him without second guessing themselves.

He knows he's a 5-7 guy. Talent aside, It burns more for a guy busting his ass for his 14 min when the guy mailing it in is getting 22.

Sorry X, but Weber's statement rings hollow to me.

I agree with everything you said, though.

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9

The irony of Weber being part of the problem aside, I want every player to feel the way he does. Every single one of them.

Yeah. I have to agree.

Also. I want a team of guys that hate losing to the very core of their existence. Is that too much to ask ?

The joke will be over when the team president stops saying things like, "We could try and get into the playoffs next year, but we're not going to."

I think it would be almost impossible to play for a team like that. The NHL is right to make rules that discourage the Tank.

A pointed shot at Ehrhoff?

He complains about the lack of success on a team when he's one of the main contributors to their failures. No matter how large the soft spot many on this board have for a guy like him who works hard... he had the 5th worst plus/minus in the NHL.

He's risking insulting the way things are done on a team that could easily move him without second guessing themselves.

Whether he is good enough to be part of the solution is an open question.

But Mike's was an honest comment and I'm glad to hear it.

No one should tolerate a season like the joke we just saw.

You can be damned sure Tim Murray and Ted Nolan agree with him.

It's going to be an interesting off-season.

The problem you and every other MW hater is you blame him for being him. He didn't give himself top 4 minutes. He's a fringe NHL defenseman. You keep banging on him like he's supposed to be Shea Weber. Mikes not that good but we are criticizing a guy put into a role he couldn't possibly succeed at?

The problem you and every other MW hater is you blame him for being him. He didn't give himself top 4 minutes. He's a fringe NHL defenseman. You keep banging on him like he's supposed to be Shea Weber. Mikes not that good but we are criticizing a guy put into a role he couldn't possibly succeed at?

Never even kind of insinuated anything like this, but, hell, it's fun to just say stuff...

Fact is he failed miserably in the role he was given.

Edited by Tankalicious

Nevermind even kind of insinuated anything like this, but, hell, it's fun to just say stuff...

Fact is he failed miserably in the role he was given.

So the only thing you got out of what I posted is that I said you compared him to Shea weber? Which we both know you didn't but in some sort of demeaning Dstebb style you need to point it out? All you had to do was type that last sentence but that just wouldn't be you now would it.

The joke will be over when the team president stops saying things like, "We could try and get into the playoffs next year, but we're not going to."

I think it would be almost impossible to play for a team like that. The NHL is right to make rules that discourage the Tank.

Huzzah!

I read that as even if they did try they won't make it in anyway. Which is absolutely true. Nothing can be done to make the Sabres a playoff team next year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.