The Joke's Over

Doohickie

He's no bleepin victim! He's a lousy and big mouthed player who's a big reason why the team sucks. IMO he should just shut up about it. Talk is cheap! Let your play do the talking....His spoke very clearly for him....it says he stinks. Next, let's hear from Leino about how the joke's over! :rolleyes: Guess he's a victim too.

Leino was supposed to be a top offensive player, Weber is supposed to be a third pairing D man. I really don't understand what the conversation is about.

Leino was supposed to be a top offensive player, Weber is supposed to be a third pairing D man. I really don't understand what the conversation is about.

It's about him as a lousy player talking too much and not his role vs Leino's. You'll defend him because he's a good hard working American boy of course.

Talent aside, the guy was talking from the gut. And that, I think, resonates a little more with me than gratuitous ridicule.

I think he's just saying what his teammates, especially former ones like Ott, were all thinking while they were here. Weber was obviously close with some of those guys and he can't be happy with how things turned out. And all of that falls on the mess Regier made. Being a good teammate is probably something a guy like TM might respect.

Yup. He says something we all want him to say, and he does it with feeling, and people are butthurt about it and think he needs to shut up. That's silly.

This.

Can't see too many here disagreeing with what the man said.

His finger was pointed at the entire organization and that includes himself.

The truth is the truth, even if Ville Leino says it.

He's no bleepin victim! He's a lousy and big mouthed player who's a big reason why the team sucks. IMO he should just shut up about it. Talk is cheap! Let your play do the talking....His spoke very clearly for him....it says he stinks. Next, let's hear from Leino about how the joke's over! :rolleyes: Guess he's a victim too.

What's he supposed to do, suddenly be the first line shut down defenseman he never has been? Who do you even think Mike Weber is?

What's he supposed to do, suddenly be the first line shut down defenseman he never has been? Who do you even think Mike Weber is?

I think (know) he's a lousy NHL defenseman who should be grateful that he's got a job in the league. His Joke commentary rubbed me the wrong way....Very obviously.

I think (know) he's a lousy NHL defenseman who should be grateful that he's got a job in the league. His Joke commentary rubbed me the wrong way....Very obviously.

Ah the old "shut up and be thankful" meme. Down in front Mike, you're just a peasant with no rights!

Let him improve his own level of play and then his words will actually have meaning. At this juncture, he has no room to talk about anything being a joke.

Ah yes. It's entirely Weber's fault his numbers were so bad. It had nothing to do with him playing on a team that couldn't get the puck out of its own zone. Mike Weber should have put the team on his back. He should have killed the statistician in duel. Got it.

Ah yes. It's entirely Weber's fault his numbers were so bad. It had nothing to do with him playing on a team that couldn't get the puck out of its own zone. Mike Weber should have put the team on his back. He should have killed the statistician in duel. Got it.

He's a great player...Got it!

Let him improve his own level of play and then his words will actually have meaning. At this juncture, he has no room to talk about anything being a joke.

I follow what you're saying. I think he can be a serviceable Dman in this league, but to expect him to be the shutdown defensive dman - as was the case this year - is only asking for trouble.

And he had some really, really miserable games. Of that there is no doubt. And while it clearly wasn't enough, he did do his best. He tried. He put forth the effort and gave it everything he had. While he had some brutal nights, he cared and he showed it.

I respect that in a player and that's why I don't mind what he said.

I follow what you're saying. I think he can be a serviceable Dman in this league, but to expect him to be the shutdown defensive dman - as was the case this year - is only asking for trouble.

And he had some really, really miserable games. Of that there is no doubt. And while it clearly wasn't enough, he did do his best. He tried. He put forth the effort and gave it everything he had. While he had some brutal nights, he cared and he showed it.

I respect that in a player and that's why I don't mind what he said.

I respect his hard work, dedication, and all out effort on the ice. I do not respect or like what he said.

Whhopty Bleepin Doo!

Let me know when you've worked your ass off at the highest level of hockey on a team that once looked like it had potential and then was gutted and resulted in the worst year of your career. Tell me you won't have someone to blame for that other than yourself.

Let me know when you've worked your ass off at the highest level of hockey on a team that once looked like it had potential and then was gutted and resulted in the worst year of your career. Tell me you won't have someone to blame for that other than yourself.

My heart bleeds for poor Mikey! :cry:

Let us know when you have, too...

It will if he becomes a better player who doesn't factor so heavily in the team being so damn bad. Not worried that I'll have to as he'll be gone in a couple of years when he's replaced by better players.

He's still only 26 so he's got time to turn things around but I agree that I expect him to be gone at some point. If he never comes around it will be too bad, because his attitude is so right.

He's still only 26 so he's got time to turn things around but I agree that I expect him to be gone at some point. If he never comes around it will be too bad, because his attitude is so right.

His attitude combined with talent is what the Buffalo Sabres need in their players. Not one or the other. He's got one of them covered. I don't expect to see much improvement because he's limited physically and I still see the same mental errors that plagued him early in his career. He is who he is.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

His attitude combined with talent is what the Buffalo Sabres need in their players. Not one or the other. He's got one of them covered. I don't expect to see much improvement because he's limited physically and I still see them same mental errors that plagued him early in his career. He is who he is.

Mhm. I still think he's allowed to be mad though. :P

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.