The Joke's Over

Doohickie

So the only thing you got out of what I posted is that I said you compared him to Shea weber? Which we both know you didn't but in some sort of demeaning Dstebb style you need to point it out? All you had to do was type that last sentence but that just wouldn't be you now would it.

And boom goes the dynamite.

Never even kind of insinuated anything like this, but, hell, it's fun to just say stuff...

Fact is he failed miserably in the role he was given.

That's true, but it's not on him - he was asked to play too big a role on this team.

So the only thing you got out of what I posted is that I said you compared him to Shea weber? Which we both know you didn't but in some sort of demeaning Dstebb style you need to point it out? All you had to do was type that last sentence but that just wouldn't be you now would it.

You expected a mature, thoughtful response? Seriously, with all of the issues exposed by every post? You are a saint.

That's true, but it's not on him - he was asked to play too big a role on this team.

I agree, but I'm just saying that his statement comes with the fact that if this team is to improve the way he wants it to... He'll either have a severely diminished role or be gone.

I agree, but I'm just saying that his statement comes with the fact that if this team is to improve the way he wants it to... He'll either have a severely diminished role or be gone.

So is he supposed to acknowledge his lack of talent in his comment? He's a hockey player. He wants to win. Every time he got scored on it hurt him 50x more than it hurt you. He's just as frustrated with the terrible hockey and losing as a lot of fans. I know you and I are distanced enough to be able to see it abstractly and wish for the tank but what freeman preaches is true, losing begets losing. Mike Weber won't accept that because he's made of the right stuff.

Edited by qwksndmonster

So is he supposed to acknowledge his lack of talent in his comment? He's a hockey player. He wants to win. Every time he got scored on it hurt him 50x more than it hurt you. He's just as frustrated with the terrible hockey and losing as a lot of fans. I know you and I are distanced enough to be able to see it abstractly and wish for the tank but what freeman preaches is true, losing begets losing. Mike Weber won't accept that because he's made of the right stuff.

:)

Edited by inkman

Who cares? If things go the right way he won't be a part of the team in two years. Weber flat out sucks!

Who cares? If things go the right way he won't be a part of the team in two years. Weber flat out sucks!

While our young D corp grows Weber will be pushed back into his natural 5-7 role. He is the perfect character guy to have around Zadorov, Pysyk, McCabe, and Risto. Maybe in two years he will have been passed by all of our youngins but he still could find a role as the 7 or in Roch.

While our young D corp grows Weber will be pushed back into his natural 5-7 role. He is the perfect character guy to have around Zadorov, Pysyk, McCabe, and Risto. Maybe in two years he will have been passed by all of our youngins but he still could find a role as the 7 or in Roch.

I like character guys who can actually play the game at a competent level. Weber's a 7 guy at best IMO. I'd prefer him as an injury recall player in Rochester.

I like character guys who can actually play the game at a competent level. Weber's a 7 guy at best IMO. I'd prefer him as an injury recall player in Rochester.

Well hopefully Zadorov, Risto, Pysyk, and McCabe can grow into character guys who are also studs. Because they were taught so well by Mike Weber. :P But I hear you. It'd be better to have a Brooks Orpik type around.

Weber's performance this season is an excellent example of the whole "support" thing TM spoke of today. Weber may just be a decent bottom pair defenseman with a non-AHL team around him.

Agree 100 per cent and it's not just Weber. We had too many guys playing outside their optimum role.

Cody Hodgson, Tyler Ennis, Steve Ott, Zemgus Girgensons, Christian Ehrhoff, Drew Stafford - drop each of these guys down the depth chart a notch or two, or give them better linemates, or easier opponents and you'd see better results.

Not making excuses for these guys - we need better players - I'm just agreeing with Murray's point.

Insulting which front office? Because it's not the current one he's talking about.

We don't know this, but I disagree. He's trying to make a public statement against tanking next season which the old front office has nothing to do with.

I love how protected Mike Weber, a scrub, is on here while a young and talented player like Hodgson gets ripped.

Never publicly disparage your old boss. That's like basic advice for professionals 101.

I don't see what the problem is. Clearly there is some team-wide contempt that even Tim Murray has hinted at. No one in this org is going to care if a player wants to talk trash about Regier without straight up saying it.

We don't know this, but I disagree. He's trying to make a public statement against tanking next season which the old front office has nothing to do with.

I love how protected Mike Weber, a scrub, is on here while a young and talented player like Hodgson gets ripped.

The old front office has everything to do with the teams current situation. Of course he doesn't want that next year. Duh.

I don't see what the problem is. Clearly there is some team-wide contempt that even Tim Murray has hinted at. No one in this org is going to care if a player wants to talk trash about Regier without straight up saying it.

You may be right. The advice still stands. Weber gains nothing from the statement. It can only be neutral or harmful.

Weber is 6/7 IMO. If that means "scrub" to you, that's cool. But I don't think anybody's protecting him, we just don't think his comments crossed the line you did.

PS: I like CoHo so far and think his game will really start to come together when he has better players around him.

Edited by Campy

Talent aside, the guy was talking from the gut. And that, I think, resonates a little more with me than gratuitous ridicule.

You may be right. The advice still stands. Weber gains nothing from the statement. It can only be neutral or harmful.

I think he's just saying what his teammates, especially former ones like Ott, were all thinking while they were here. Weber was obviously close with some of those guys and he can't be happy with how things turned out. And all of that falls on the mess Regier made. Being a good teammate is probably something a guy like TM might respect.

Talent aside, the guy was talking from the gut. And that, I think, resonates a little more with me than gratuitous ridicule.

Yup. He says something we all want him to say, and he does it with feeling, and people are butthurt about it and think he needs to shut up. That's silly.

I think he's just saying what his teammates, especially former ones like Ott, were all thinking while they were here. Weber was obviously close with some of those guys and he can't be happy with how things turned out. And all of that falls on the mess Regier made. Being a good teammate is probably something a guy like TM might respect.

Yup. He says something we all want him to say, and he does it with feeling, and people are butthurt about it and think he needs to shut up. That's silly.

Weber's statements might have more credibility if he hadn't had such a horrible season. What did he do to remedy this joke of a season? Not a damn thing IMO since he was one of the biggest jokes on the ice on most nights.

I agree. Its good to get some of what happens in the room from one of the participants. Inside stuff thats not speculation or conjecture.

Weber's statements might have more credibility if he hadn't had such a horrible season. What did he do to remedy this joke of a season? Not a damn thing IMO since he was one of the biggest jokes on the ice on most nights.

I don't see what his poor season has to do with it. He's a victim of an absolutely gutted team. A lot of guys on this team are. He was here all season and he battled through it. He's not a top defender. He just isn't. That doesn't mean he can't be mad about the hand his team was dealt.

I don't see what his poor season has to do with it. He's a victim of an absolutely gutted team. A lot of guys on this team are. He was here all season and he battled through it. He's not a top defender. He just isn't. That doesn't mean he can't be mad about the hand his team was dealt.

He's no bleepin victim! He's a lousy and big mouthed player who's a big reason why the team sucks. IMO he should just shut up about it. Talk is cheap! Let your play do the talking....His spoke very clearly for him....it says he stinks. Next, let's hear from Leino about how the joke's over! :rolleyes: Guess he's a victim too.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.