GDT: Buffalo at St. Louis 4-3-14 at 8:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

For some reason everyone is mad that an offensive defenseman isn't very good in his own end without a stay at home partner. He's supposed to do everything himself okay?

An offensive defensemen playing on the worst offensive team in 78 years, with a defensive core full of under 25's and #7's. With an incredibly cap friendly contract.

I would have nominated Weber.

There are parts of Weber's game I like, but he won't last on this team; he doesn't have the Hockey Sense that Murray likes in his players.

How did McCabe look like ?

He looked fine for his first NHL game, especially considering we were playing the top team in the league. that said, he did get owned a few times. The game snuck up on him a few times. He'll be fine after he gets his sea legs.

Did you actually watch the whole game? Risto was terrible tonight.

If you can't see the kid's obvious talent then I don't know what to tell you. St. Louis is the best team in the league and the kid was playing top pair minutes at age 19 against the Blues' top (scoring) line players.

The D was pretty good tonight through all pairings. Not one stood out as being "horrible" overall, and especially considering the competition.

Leino stood out for turning the puck over several times and looking lost generally. But even his game, for what it is, looked determined.

The Blues D is hot and did their job well keeping the Sabres anemic offense to the sides, for the most part. If the Sabres had any real scoring they may have won that game.

By now, it should be relatively clear what the Sabres have, who they need to drop, and what they need to pick up. I don't think the D or the goaltending is the problem. They need offense that can maintain possession and take control of the play with far more consistency. The D guys can't always clear the zone by themselves; the forwards need to help out. Also, let's not forget that what makes a D look good is a competent offense.

Once there's some legit scoring lines all other roles will look improved.

So Ehrhoff is our new whipping boy heading into the offseason?

Since the trade deadline, he has looked like he really doesn't care and has been terrible, 3 assist in 16 games, a -11 and enough turnovers to make Mike Weber look like a James Norris candidate.

Since the trade deadline, he has looked like he really doesn't care and has been terrible, 3 assist in 16 games, a -11 and enough turnovers to make Mike Weber look like a James Norris candidate.

Agreed, it will be interesting to see what GMTM does with the Hoff this off-season. It doesn't seem that he is buying into the Nolan philosophy.

The storm finally rolled thru my area at 245 am and was out by 315 am. Beautiful lighting show, thankfully nothing severe.

Edited by DGW54321

I do not think we trade Ehrhoff.

he will be needed to teach the young guys. but the most important argument is the potential cap hit if he retires early when we trade him now. This cap hit would come at a timepoint when we will be a great franchise with lots of talent and to less cap to hold them all.

I do not believe he would give us the Pronger treating by showing concussion symptoms until end of his contract. i am not saying he is faking it, but it could be worse for the Flyers if he had just retired instead being concussed.

Yea, they'll just buyout a guy who has good trade value...

Yes to avoid that recapture penalty down the line should he retire. And he looks like he wants to retire NOW.

So Ehrhoff is our new whipping boy heading into the offseason?

Leino will be gone, Staff at the deadline so ya, this guy is my nominee. Unless he gets back on track which I will admit could happen if we get three above average guys in front of him.

The Hoff has played almost 400 minutes more than any other Sabres player. That he is on the ice for a lot of goals both for (56% of all of our goals scored this year Hoff was on the ice) and against (96 goals against) isn't surprising since he is always on the ice.

The Hoff has played almost 400 minutes more than any other Sabres player. That he is on the ice for a lot of goals both for (56% of all of our goals scored this year Hoff was on the ice) and against (96 goals against) isn't surprising since he is always on the ice.

Exactly.

It amazes me that someone like Ehrhoff who has been a professional through all this, always looks like he wants to play, yet isn't able to produce like he can only because of the players is surrounded with has been getting trashed because he finally goes into a slump. With all his time with the Sabres, he's been one of the most consistent players on the team. I just don't understand it.

Everyone: Just think about that for a moment before trashing the guy.

Exactly.

It amazes me that someone like Ehrhoff who has been a professional through all this, always looks like he wants to play, yet isn't able to produce like he can only because of the players is surrounded with has been getting trashed because he finally goes into a slump. With all his time with the Sabres, he's been one of the most consistent players on the team. I just don't understand it.

Because people here don't value a player that can't throw big hits.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.