Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

They haven't yet released information on how folks can get tickets to the game in Detroit. Wish I could go.

They are free to season ticket holders in Detroit and Buffalo. First come, first serve from Detroit sales office at 10a on Monday. Open seating

Odell Beckham, Jr. just proved that the Bills did not need to spend two first-round draft picks on a wide receiver, in case there were any doubts.

Also proved we need to just F'ing fire everyone and start over too. Nice trade, Doug.

Is there any part of this organization that doesn't suck?

Odell Beckham, Jr. just proved that the Bills did not need to spend two first-round draft picks on a wide receiver, in case there were any doubts.

I hate this type of argument. It was an amazing catch, might be the best I've ever seen, but it doesn't mean anything. I don't think he will be in the same class as Watkins when it's all said and done.

You can hate the trade, beckham just doesn't gave to do anything with it IMO

Edited by Numark

Also proved we need to just F'ing fire everyone and start over too. Nice trade, Doug.

Is there any part of this organization that doesn't suck?

I like Whaley somewhat. But that was a "bet the job" trade, and he lost the bet.

And as much as I don't like Marrone, I am concerned about the revolving door, especially with the defense (see upthread).

Edited by Eleven

I like Whaley somewhat. But that was a "bet the job" trade, and he lost the bet.

And as much as I don't like Marrone, I am concerned about the revolving door, especially with the defense (see upthread).

I agree about Whaley, but he did say on WGR the other morning that Sammy has been the difference maker in the three of their victories. The interesting point about this statement is without Sammy they may have three more losses, but they would have their 1st next year and be in position to select their QB of the future.

I agree about Whaley, but he did say on WGR the other morning that Sammy has been the difference maker in the three of their victories. The interesting point about this statement is without Sammy they may have three more losses, but they would have their 1st next year and be in position to select their QB of the future.

Has Sammy been the difference maker? Or would Beckham, who went 12th and would have been available, been just as good?

Has Sammy been the difference maker? Or would Beckham, who went 12th and would have been available, been just as good?

There's a reason they were rated so differently coming into the draft. I think beckham's ceiling is around a desean Jackson. While sammy Watkins has a ceiling near a Julio jones.

I understand not wanting to take a WR early like we did (or trading up to get him), and I understand hating the move. But that doesn't make them equal players. Watkins was seen as an elite top 3 player of the draft, beckham wasn't.

There's a reason they were rated so differently coming into the draft. I think beckham's ceiling is around a desean Jackson. While sammy Watkins has a ceiling near a Julio jones.

I understand not wanting to take a WR early like we did (or trading up to get him), and I understand hating the move. But that doesn't make them equal players. Watkins was seen as an elite top 3 player of the draft, beckham wasn't.

"Was."

So what about right now?

It was a stupid trade at the time and now it has become so stupid that Whaley has to go.

"Was."

So what about right now?

It was a stupid trade at the time and now it has become so stupid that Whaley has to go.

I'm not arguing for or against the trade. I'm just saying I take sammy Watkins over beckham 10 times out of 10.

Ignoring the trade, team, and history, would anyone take beckham on their team over Watkins? I just don't see it, that was my point (nothing to do with Whaley or the bills, but Watkins will be the better player. I'm not saying anyone was saying otherwise)

I'm not sure that comparison holds up.

Nah dude it's exactly the same. The bills gave up the equivalent of this right?

Players/Draft Picks Received by the Dallas CowboysLB Jesse SolomonLB David HowardCB Issiac HoltRB Darrin Nelson (traded to San Diego after he refused to report to Dallas)DE Alex StewartMinnesota's 1st round pick in 1990 (21) (traded this pick along with pick (81) for pick (17) from Pittsburgh to draft Emmitt SmithMinnesota's 2nd round pick in 1990 (47) (Alexander WrightMinnesota's 6th round pick in 1990 (158) (traded to New Orleans, who drafted James WilliamsMinnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (12) (Alvin HarperMinnesota's 2nd round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (38) (Dixon EdwardsMinnesota's 2nd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (37) (Darren WoodsonMinnesota's 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (71) (traded to New England, who drafted Kevin Turner)Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1993 (conditional) - (13) (traded to Philadelphia Eagles, and then to the Houston Oilers, who drafted Brad Hopkins)[1]

I don't know about 3 games, but for sure if Watkins doesn't make plays on balls thrown well behind him at the end of the Detroit and Minnesota games, the Bills would be at 3 and 7 right now. Watkins is a difference maker and if the Bills had to spend an extra 1st rounder (I'm guessing around the 15th pick) to get a player that can make difference for years to come, I'm fine with it.