Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Freaking Goodell, cancel the game already so they can use the labor and machines in Orchard Park. This is ridiculous. One team can't practice, the other can't fly in. It's a game. Cancel it, then OBD can use their machines and manpower to help people out.

I hadn't thought of that before, but that's an excellent point; how ridiculous is it that there are people trapped in their homes and unable to clear a path out while all this machinery and manpower is being wasted on efforts to play an irrelevant football game?

I live 5 minutes from the Ralph. I swear to god if they hold this game here on Sunday and divert those precious resources (especially police) away from me and my neighbors I will NEVER watch another NFL game and I truly mean it.

Edited by cdexchange

I live 5 minutes from the Ralph. I swear to god if they hold this game here on Sunday and divert those precious resources (especially police) away from me and my neighbors I will NEVER watch another NFL game and I truly mean it.

They have to play the game.

Because Buffalo!

I gotta think this is the case. They have to move or postpone it, right?

There is no way the NFL is going to be able to fight Poloncarz and Cuomo on this one. The league doesn't get to decide on driving bans and emergency personnel, and there's no threat of the team moving anymore. Good on Poloncarz for standing up.

There won't ever be a better demonstration of the gap between rich and poor in this country than a multi-billionaire sports owner offering 10 bucks an hour for the peasants to shovel out his stadium, I mean their stadium.

There will be a better demonstration in one week, when stores open on Thanksgiving.

Really bro?

Are you surprised he said that, or that it took this long?

The Bills have done this before. Nothing to see here. :yawn:

Five, six feet of snow, with deaths already attributed to shoveling the stuff, doesn't move the needle for you? What's the most they've ever removed from the stadium? This is unprecedented.

Five, six feet of snow, with deaths already attributed to shoveling the stuff, doesn't move the needle for you? What's the most they've ever removed from the stadium? This is unprecedented.

I think it was a poorly thought out idea by whoever on the Bills staff has coordinated this kind of thing before. Do you really think they asked for Kim's permission to put the call out? I doubt it.

I think it was a poorly thought out idea by whoever on the Bills staff has coordinated this kind of thing before. Do you really think they asked for Kim's permission to put the call out? I doubt it.

I have to believe the Pegulas would have the authority to stop it. The Bills site still features a call for people to come out. How the hell are they supposed to get there? And if they're so able-bodied and generous with their time, maybe they could help out some folks who are truly in need.

I heard that Marrone defied Pegula's order to have the players ignore the driving ban and get to practice.

Look, it's up to the NFL and not the Bills as to whether, when, and where the game will be played. If the Bills were told they had to have a stadium ready, there's nothing wrong with mobilizing a temporary workforce to do it.

The volume means more workers, not more work per worker.

And yes, if you have a heart condition or are out of shape, this is not the job opportunity for you. Neither is being a roofer, but the world still needs roofers.

The injustice here is that the league was trying to force this game to be played in OP on Sunday, not that the Bills were trying to get it done.

Edited by Eleven

I have to agree with PA that it's terrible, just not that it's Pegula's fault. This is strictly on Goodell and the league.

Yes, it's been done before, but not when people were literally trapped and potentially dying in communities surrounding the stadium. This is gross.

How many of my neighbors are already dead or will die between now and Sunday because they can't get their meds, or their vents clog up and they die from CO poisoning? And yet they put out a call for hundreds of people to come into this community and waste time & energy shoveling out the stadium to play a meaningless football game?

F*cking terrible.

Edited by cdexchange

There will be a better demonstration in one week, when stores open on Thanksgiving.

You do have to love the irony with the Walden Galleria threatening to fine stores which do not open on Thanksgiving at 6 PM has had to remain closed for the past three days because of the snowstorm.