GDT: Chicago at Buffalo 3-9-14 at 7:30 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

I'm going to have to re-watch then. He tried hard, I guess, but he couldn't keep his feet in the first. Didn't make anything happen and just refuses to hit when he has the chance. it was maddening.

He was hitting. It was the first thing I noticed him doing. His work along the boards was spirited even if it wasn't as effective.

So, he gets a participation award?

meh

You don't have to re-watch the game. He was bad. If memory serves, one of those spirited hits along the boards resulted in him flat on his little fanny, while the dude he hit skated past him.

Now, Conacher and Ennis were spirited. Conacher has a pretty decent two-way game that needs work, but he's not far behind like Hodgson is/was, and it's seems he's willing to do it.

You don't have to re-watch the game. He was bad. If memory serves, one of those spirited hits along the boards resulted in him flat on his little fanny, while the dude he hit skated past him.

Now, Conacher and Ennis were spirited. Conacher has a pretty decent two-way game that needs work, but he's not far behind like Hodgson is/was, and it's seems he's willing to do it.

Oh, thank God.

Joe Yerdon@JoeYerdonPHT 33m

Patrick Kane still here at FNC taking pictures and signing autographs with fans. Very, very cool thing to see him do.

He had no choice, he couldn't get a cab out. No seriously, that was pretty cool of Kane to do, would love to see him in a Sabres jersey.

I was hot and cold on Hodgson last night and I really try to look for the good in his game. He struggled on the power play badly, but he has did look more interested in the last couple of games.

Before the game I wasn't so sure about Conacher and Ennis working on the same line (2 small guys), but they looked good together along with Stafford.

Edited by kishoph

Victory:

i wanted show a tank parad picture.

Unfortunately I got this answer

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Yesterday it worked.

I watched the game and I liked the effort. We are missing the difference makers offensively, but it was not easy for Chicago to take that win.

Edited by LaLaLaFontaine

Agree 100%. They both skated with purpose and intent tonight.

Hodgson for the most part was invisible as usual. Turnovers in the neutral zone and a couple of fumbled passes on the power play were the only times I noticed him. That and the fore check where he ended up sprawled on the ice in the corner for no reason while the defenseman had the easiest clear he'll have all season.

Chad Ruhwedel, WTF, how about playing some defense on that first goal. I know it's Patrick Kane, that was not the time to fumble for a pen for an autograph. There is no way in hell Kane should have been allowed to get that shot off. I was surprised Ruhwedel didn't ride the bench for the rest of the night.

Oh no! I've been deluca'd.

Congratulations! It's a bigger & brighter world without the blinders on. :thumbsup:

Edited by deluca67

Anyone have an instant replay of the disallowed goal by Ennis? For sure it wasn't a penalty but I thought I saw a hand pass by one of the Sabre forwards in the Chicago end just preceeding the goal.

I saw it too. I'm not sure who it was but they were laying on the ice, right? I'm also not sure if it hit a Chicago player first, though.

Anyone have an instant replay of the disallowed goal by Ennis? For sure it wasn't a penalty but I thought I saw a hand pass by one of the Sabre forwards in the Chicago end just preceeding the goal.

NBC showed it a bunch of times and one of the guys kept saying that there is no way that goal should have been disallowed, he barely touched him with the stick. The goalie was out of the crease and Ennis barely touched him, but immediately the ref shot his hand up to call a penalty

NBC showed it a bunch of times and one of the guys kept saying that there is no way that goal should have been disallowed, he barely touched him with the stick. The goalie was out of the crease and Ennis barely touched him, but immediately the ref shot his hand up to call a penalty

The ref does nothing until Ennis touches the puck. His hand stands down until Ennis has the puck on his stick. I have rarely seen such a blatant call in favor of a team. Does it matter? No. I think we would have lost anyways but still, Ennis made a good play.

This is something Chet would say at the polo club.

What exactly are our expectations from Hodgson anyway? If we're comparing his play last night with his play on other nights he appeared to be at least trying to be more physical. He's not good at it but it was unusual enough that I noticed it.

The ref does nothing until Ennis touches the puck. His hand stands down until Ennis has the puck on his stick. I have rarely seen such a blatant call in favor of a team. Does it matter? No. I think we would have lost anyways but still, Ennis made a good play.

I saw the replays multiple times and the ref behind the net in the corner shot his hand up immediately and held it there was Ennis came back around and knocked the puck in. Immediately once the goal went in he was waving it off.

Hodgson plays his offensive game: he floats and isn't physical, therefore he sucks.

Hodgson throws some physicality into his game: he's bad at playing physical, therefore he sucks.

Conclusion: you must not only try to be physical, but successfully pull it off, to be good. Sorry Pat Kane, you blow.

(Edit: if it wasn't clear, I'm trolling. Relax.)

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Hodgson plays his offensive game: he floats and isn't physical, therefore he sucks.

Hodgson throws some physicality into his game: he's bad at playing physical, therefore he sucks.

Conclusion: you must not only try to be physical, but successfully pull it off, to be good. Sorry Pat Kane, you blow.

(Edit: if it wasn't clear, I'm trolling. Relax.)

Methinks your logic is a little flawed.

That was a pretty entertaining game. The Sabres certainly gave a creditable effort.

A few game notes:

- They again got a high-quality, confident performance out of Enroth. He made a great save on a 2-on-1 early in the 3rd.

- Ennis is clearly the best forward on the team.

- Myers continues to play well and confidently. I was pretty worried when his leg buckled in the first period.

- Pretty good game from Foligno.

- I liked what I saw from both Conacher and Deslauriers.

- Leino continues to be shockingly ineffective.

- Kane really has a rare combination of speed and skill.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.