GDT: Chicago at Buffalo 3-9-14 at 7:30 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

2 - 1 is not horrible against a Cup contender / defending champ. And it does not hurt us in the standings.

A good effort that is encouraging, especially when we look forward to the day that the roster actually has some more NHL caliber players on it.

It's amazing to me how much better our puck pursuit is with this roster. Not as much "wait and see". Foligno was on a tear last night trying to get pucks away from guys on the boards. It's just too bad this roster isn't as skilled.

I saw the replays multiple times and the ref behind the net in the corner shot his hand up immediately and held it there was Ennis came back around and knocked the puck in. Immediately once the goal went in he was waving it off.

Never bring facts into a "we got screwed" Buffalo sports debate.

This fascination with these mythical beings of 6'4" 240# forwards that hit everything in sight, turn defenders inside out with their blazing speed and score 41 goals, exactly one every other game, do not exist. Hodgson doesn't hit, we get it. There are other guys that do that. Those guys also aren't counted on to put up a point/game when he has the supporting players to do so.

Yet all of a sudden some undrafted, undersized, unwanted forward is the future of this club because he is a local boy and had one decent game. Man, if Gerbe only knew all he had to do was call BFLO home.

That was a pretty entertaining game. The Sabres certainly gave a creditable effort.

A few game notes:

- They again got a high-quality, confident performance out of Enroth. He made a great save on a 2-on-1 early in the 3rd.

- Ennis is clearly the best forward on the team.

- Myers continues to play well and confidently. I was pretty worried when his leg buckled in the first period.

- Pretty good game from Foligno.

- I liked what I saw from both Conacher and Deslauriers.

- Leino continues to be shockingly ineffective.

- Kane really has a rare combination of speed and skill.

Buffalo Sabres@BuffaloSabres

Just five defensemen at #Sabres practice. Ehrhoff, McBain, Ruhwedel, Tallinder, Weber. No Myers.

Conacher and Ennis definitely created some excitement with their speed and creativity. Need a big RW to go with those two little guys. Stewart might have been a nice fit with those two, but obviously he is out for a while.

Rough game for D'Agostini. I'm not sure there is a spot for the guy next year. He plays hard, but we have better options coming up through the system (e.g., Deslauriers might be a keeper).

Ville is just a league-wide embarrassment at this point. No point in piling on further. But, if he isn't bought out this summer then there is something very, very wrong in Sabre-land.

Since I've been riding him all year I have to give credit where credit is due: Weber is a +7 since the break and doesn't have a single minus game over that span.

Conacher and Ennis definitely created some excitement with their speed and creativity. Need a big RW to go with those two little guys. Stewart might have been a nice fit with those two, but obviously he is out for a while.

Rough game for D'Agostini. I'm not sure there is a spot for the guy next year. He plays hard, but we have better options coming up through the system (e.g., Deslauriers might be a keeper).

Ville is just a league-wide embarrassment at this point. No point in piling on further. But, if he isn't bought out this summer then there is something very, very wrong in Sabre-land.

Since I've been riding him all year I have to give credit where credit is due: Weber is a +7 since the break and doesn't have a single minus game over that span.

He's played well with Myers. If Myers is out Weber is screwed.

He's played well with Myers. If Myers is out Weber is screwed.

The Weber - McBain pairing that was used for a while was a freaking disaster.

in my opinion: McBain is just a disaster. I don't really see many positives with the guy. He's still a couple of steps above Ville though

He an Sulzer are just not good

I agree with all of these.

We have to keep Ville around for 1 more year of the tank. After the 2015 draft it's all about putting the best possible team together.

It's going to be hard to let the kids think the organization is heading in the right direction if they keep him around though. I'd rather they just move on and give his money to someone that isn't a complete disaster everytime they touch the puck.

It's going to be hard to let the kids think the organization is heading in the right direction if they keep him around though. I'd rather they just move on and give his money to someone that isn't a complete disaster everytime they touch the puck.

luckily, as Tank said, this offseason is the deadline for the buyouts.

This fascination with these mythical beings of 6'4" 240# forwards that hit everything in sight, turn defenders inside out with their blazing speed and score 41 goals, exactly one every other game, do not exist. Hodgson doesn't hit, we get it. There are other guys that do that. Those guys also aren't counted on to put up a point/game when he has the supporting players to do so.

Yet all of a sudden some undrafted, undersized, unwanted forward is the future of this club because he is a local boy and had one decent game. Man, if Gerbe only knew all he had to do was call BFLO home.

Boy, that's a good rant. Well done.

He an Sulzer are just not good

McBain is a pending RFA and Sulzer is a UFA. At least one if not both need to be gone next year. My preference would be to dump both, bring up Pysyk to take one spot and sign a veteran UFA defenseman for the other spot. The latter move would buy a couple of years for Risto and Zadorov to develop.

McBain is a pending RFA and Sulzer is a UFA. At least one if not both need to be gone next year. My preference would be to dump both, bring up Pysyk to take one spot and sign a veteran UFA defenseman for the other spot. The latter move would buy a couple of years for Risto and Zadorov to develop.

I agree with this, although I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Risto or Nikita up next year and have the vet FNG be the #7 guy.

very true. Altho, I'd take Doug Allen on skates over Leino any day...

That creepy pointing at the end of the anthem is enough to make any opponent shiver... ;)

The finger point is great! Hey, just be glad he doesn't do a bazillion fist pumps like that moron in Boston who can't even sing well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.