How do Sabres reach cap floor next year and penalty for failing to do so?

matter2003

What is a Murray-ite? Are you now skeptical of people who like the new GM, too? Is there anyone of whom you would not be skeptical?

The guy has been here for 171 days. Let's give him a chance before getting cynical.

Edited by Eleven

I think it is pretty obvious how we'll add salary. With the cap at only $69 million, several teams will need to shed a contract or two to get breathing room under the cap. We'll be the league's dumpster for shedding salary. I doubt free agent will want to sign in Buffalo, so we'll have to add salary via trades.

This is how they can do it. A player with a large cap hit and a NMC who is not in that teams plans next season can be traded to the Sabres for the sole purpose of buying him out. This will get the Sabres to the cap floor and as mentioned by Eleven might curry favor with the NHLPA

I think it is pretty obvious how we'll add salary. With the cap at only $69 million, several teams will need to shed a contract or two to get breathing room under the cap. We'll be the league's dumpster for shedding salary. I doubt free agent will want to sign in Buffalo, so we'll have to add salary via trades.

Like how in the NBA teams take on expiring contracts in trades s other teams can have more wiggle room with their cap...

Wonder what Murray is going to want for doing this from those teams...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.