Sabres to induct Hasek into the Sabres Hall of Fame on March 29th

Hoss

It certainly will be interesting to see whether and how Dom and TN interact. Didn't Dom say something along the lines that it would best that he never play for TN again (or words to that effect)? Indeed, he never did play for him again.

We all have heard rumors, but I wish I knew what really happened re Dom, TN, and Muckler (as well as what happened after just two years with the Islanders).

Hasek was a diva and a headcase but he sure was fun to watch!! He made many many surprising saves, surprising everybody but himself!!

It's probably a good thing the internet wasn't invented yet when Dom played in Buffalo. Find any Amherst cop who was around then and see if they'll share any Dom stories.

But on the other hand he was pro hockey player who would join kids playing street hockey for fun. He was an original.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Dom got a nice ovation when he returned to Buffalo and stepped onto the ice before a game not long after Terry Pegula bought the team. Terry's honeymoon was in full flower. I would expect Dom would receive a similar reception this time but things have changed. Will Terry and Ted Black step onto the ice they way they did for Rick? There are some fans — OK, quite a few — who don't like the way Dom left. Will they be heard?

• 2 weeks later...

I may very well have been in a carb-induced state of near unconsciousness by then, but did Brian Koziol on the postgame show really describe Dom as "probably a top three goalie in Sabres history"? I want to believe he didn't say it, that he said top three goalie in league history. I do know he went on to describe Miller as a superstar.

I may very well have been in a carb-induced state of near unconsciousness by then, but did Brian Koziol on the postgame show really describe Dom as "probably a top three goalie in Sabres history"? I want to believe he didn't say it, that he said top three goalie in league history. I do know he went on to describe Miller as a superstar.

Well technically that's correct. #1 is part of the top 3, right? Yeah, I've got nothing. If that statement was made, the guy doesn't belong on the air.

"Arguably, maybe the top three goalie of all time in a Sabre uniform."

I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. No one would say he is arguably, maybe among the top three Sabre goalies. He said what he said, but he must have meant, "Arguably, maybe the top three goalie of all time (and he happened to do it) in a Sabre uniform." That has to be it, right?

I share in the perplexity. Hasek's in the argument for best goalie of all time. Best career save percentage of anyone.

I used to watch every game back then, to see what Hasek would pull off. He was unbelievable. I remember actually hoping for higher shot totals. Never before has a goalie more vehemently insisted that his defenders not try to block shots, "Can't see!" He had a 70 shot shutout. It felt similar to watching Michael Jordan.

One of my favorite quirks of his, was when he would flip the puck in the air with his glove hand, and then smash it like a tennis forehand down the ice, with his stick, to kill penalty time.

Edited by Marcellus

I share in the perplexity. Hasek's in the argument for best goalie of all time. Best career save percentage of anyone.

I used to watch every game back then, to see what Hasek would pull off. He was unbelievable. I remember actually hoping for higher shot totals. Never before has a goalie more vehemently insisted that his defenders not try to block shots, "Can't see!" He had a 70 shot shutout. It felt similar to watching Michael Jordan.

One of my favorite quirks of his, was when he would flip the puck in the air with his glove hand, and then smash it like a tennis forehand down the ice, with his stick, to kill penalty time.

shiiiiiiiiiit he use to do that at even strength cause his team couldn't get possession of the puck nor clear their own blue line

and if i remember right it was MUST SEE MUST SEE!!!!!!!

Edited by drnkirishone

"Arguably, maybe the top three goalie of all time in a Sabre uniform."

I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. No one would say he is arguably, maybe among the top three Sabre goalies. He said what he said, but he must have meant, "Arguably, maybe the top three goalie of all time (and he happened to do it) in a Sabre uniform." That has to be it, right?

I saw it right away this time in your quote. You have to be right with that interpretation.

• 2 weeks later...

hell yeah.

with #39 slated to go up in the rafters, i think we've exhausted the people whose numbers should be retired. yes?

They exhausted that a while. Dom should be the 2nd or 3rd player to have his number retired. Not 7th.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.