Sabres to induct Hasek into the Sabres Hall of Fame on March 29th

Hoss

Dom got a nice ovation when he returned to Buffalo and stepped onto the ice before a game not long after Terry Pegula bought the team. Terry's honeymoon was in full flower. I would expect Dom would receive a similar reception this time but things have changed. Will Terry and Ted Black step onto the ice they way they did for Rick? There are some fans — OK, quite a few — who don't like the way Dom left. Will they be heard?

Only on the internet.

He received a loud ovation the last time he showed up. I see no reason to expect anything different this time.

For the 1st time in a loooooong time, I'm looking forward to being at this game.

Only on the internet.

He received a loud ovation the last time he showed up. I see no reason to expect anything different this time.

For the 1st time in a loooooong time, I'm looking forward to being at this game.

This is the only other game I am going to this year (last one was Ruffs return)

Next season the only game at this time I plan to attend would be the night they retire his number

I'll be there. By far the best hockey player I've ever seen in person.

I will too, w/ one of my boys.

He's absolutely the best goalie I've ever seen in person. Whether he's the best player I've ever seen in person is a good question. I've had the good fortune to see a lot of greats through the years.

Sabres legend Dominik Hasek happy in retirement, set for Hall of Fame honor and jersey retirement

BUFFALO – Dominik Hasek swears he’s retired from hockey. The legendary Sabres goalie hasn’t played professionally since his one-year stint in the Russian KHL ended in February 2011.

His goalie equipment, Hasek said, hasn’t left the bag since then. These days, the 49-year-old plays once or twice a week as a defenseman in a rec league back in his native Czech Republic.

“You wake up and you enjoy your life different ways,” Hasek, whose No. 39 will be retired by the Sabres next season, said this morning inside the First Niagara Center.

Still, retiring wasn’t easy. Hasek wanted to return to the NHL during the summer of 2012. The Sabres’ old regime even met with him out of respect.

“I was thinking about playing hockey even one year ago,” Hasek said. “Before this season I made the decision I’m not going to play professionally anymore.”

@SabresPR

Full Hasek press release: http://tinyurl.com/pmgqavq

Download the infographic: http://tinyurl.com/po4vnsl

#Sabres

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

i'm glad they announced his number being retired. He deserves it. ... but unlike many on here, I think at least one if not two more should be up there. 5 and 10. Ramsey and Ramsay. For those of you who didn't get to see them play, i'm sorry. but go look at the stats and ask alumni or old timers... those guys should be up there. I don't believe 2 should be up there, it's a tragedy that Horton died while a member of the team but he did most of his work in another uniform. Honor him but no need to retire his number. I've read/heard several people name guys that have been honored/retired from other teams that think it's insane that Ramsay and Ramsey don't have this honor in Buffalo but other "lesser" players on other teams do just because they were on teams that won a cup.

Just my 2 cents

Sometimes teams give away bobbleheads of a certain player on a certain night. I wish for Hasek night they'd give away special slinkies that have his legs on the bottom and rest up on top.

Or did they actually do that back in the day. Because they should.

Disagree. If it wasn't for being a part of the French Connection, I don't think that Martin or Robert should be retired either.

Yeah, I'm kinda with you. That line is just so iconic though, I'm good with it. PLF, maybe, Gare, eh.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.