OFFICIAL: Ryan Miller, Steve Ott to St. Louis for Chris Stewart, Halak, Carrier and two picks

Hoss

38 exactly, actually. Sure, there's the lockout season, but it still doesn't approach 50. It's just under 50 per 82 games, but then you're ignoring the fact that he gets injured semi-often.

Yeah I guess. I think he is a big piece in the return. He is still young. There is literally no other player on the Blues we could get. Berglund is the only other possible but he is an RFA after this contract, so suddenly that becomes a big part of the trade (probably a second instead of the first and no third). Stewart is inconsistent, but if Nolan can work his magic, who knows. The average first line player scores something like 55 points. 49 points is a top 6 forward. In the last full season 49 points would put him in the top 100 forwards (points)

We got a top 100 scorer who plays with a physical edge for 20 games of Miller

I don't know. I just have a hard time seeing that Miller AND Ott went to St. Louis and none of Allen, Rattie or Jaskin came back.

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie

I'm told there aren't likely to be any more BUF moves tonite. I'd say BUF will try to flip Jaro Halak to MIN and Chris Stewart to OTT.

Oh, come on Tim. DO SOMETHING ALREADY! :flirt:

I never thought Allen was going to be a part of this deal, but I'm kind of disappointed we didn't get Ratti though

I'm calling it right now, I feel very, very confident that St.Louis 2015 1st round pick will be used in a package with one of our other players. Maybe in compensation if we take their first rounder and a better prospect or something along those lines

Edited by WildCard

I don't know. I just have a hard time seeing that Miller AND Ott went to St. Louis and none of Allen, Rattie or Jaskin came back.

I see it as two separate trades. Maybe that's why. I agree with Bob, who thinks we will flip Halak to MIN and Stewart to OTT. But I do like this haul. It is as good as we could ever get in my mind. Flipping Stewart on deadline day could net us quite a lot as well. It gives us a powerful card up our sleeve.

Imagine if the trade was Ott/Miller for 2014 1st, 2015 1st, 2014 2nd, 2016 3rd, Carrier, Carrier

If we can move Halak for, say, Mario Lucia and Stewart for Prince then it's like this:

Ott (or Derek Roy :flirt: ) for Shane Prince and one of the two picks.

Miller for Lucia, a 2015 first and Carrier.

That would be a very good set of moves.

Buffalo AT St. Louis April 3

You're right.

Pominville trade was like a relative dying of a sudden heart attack. Sudden, cruel, seemingly unfair. It inspired anger, initially before acceptance

Vanek trade was like the kid you don't really care for leaving for college. You should feel sad but you just don't. It had to be done, he should go on to get a good education but he never really cared for you in the last few years so it is hard to feel sad

Miller trade is like a relative dying from a battle with cancer. Melancholy but you are glad their suffering is over and they are in a better place

Edited by ThirtyEight

We need to start a "Bring Ott Home" campaign. Get the fans to tamper a bit.

Agreed. We need to twitter the hell out of him to get him to come back.

I guess I'll root for the Blues in the playoffs this year. Tank is on! We are going to be horrible down the stretch. Someone needs to periodically check on Nolan over the next few months because he is going to be one un-happy camper.

MIller for 2015 first, Halak and Carrier is about what we expected.

Ott for Stewart and a third is good value — outstanding if Ott comes home.

Stewart is talented, big and unmotivated, but a first-liner on the Sabres.

Carrier is a middling prospect.

Halak may have some trade value, but is otherwise a salary dump and a place holder.

Not a homerun for us, but decent value.

Blues just did what they needed to do to win the cup

Quite a few players had good years in the shortened season last year and aren't doing much of anything this year. So I'll continue to ignore most numbers from last year.

Well if ur ignoring last yr then his big yrs were only two and three yrs ago or as others have said he's only had one poor statistical season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.