OFFICIAL: Ryan Miller, Steve Ott to St. Louis for Chris Stewart, Halak, Carrier and two picks

Hoss

Well if ur ignoring last yr then his big yrs were only two and three yrs ago or as others have said he's only had one poor statistical season.

to be fair this year hasn't been great statistically either, were his big years in Colorado with Sacco?

Good luck to Miller and Ott. Unfortunately I cannot root for you to win a cup this year as St. Louis is a team like us that has yet to win one.

Yeah but if they win they Buffalo has more of a right to feel sorry for themselves and talk about how unfair life is. Both things Buffaloians like to do (from my internet-based experience of them :P )

I'm not saying Stewart is a "poor" or "bad" player. He's inconsistent and lacks the clear desire that you want.

It all comes down to if you think Chris Stewart is someone you'd want the Sabres to build around for the future.

I don't. "He's good enough to be a first liner on this team" means nothing to me (we stink -- Foligno is good enough to be a first liner right now). And a guy who struggles with consistency and motivation isn't someone I'm excited about.

Keep going, Tim.

Depressing as hell.

You know it's "for the best" but it still sucks a lot.

Miller and Ott sound so sad. I don't dislike the Blues so I'm okay with their destination. Let's see what else is gonna happen, I guess.

If the Blues win the Cup this summer, there's a decent chance at least one of them would re-sign here.

I've always had a soft spot for the Blues, they've been terrible lately(prior to Hitchcock) and they haven't won a cup, so adding Miller makes them my team to root for come the playoffs. Plus, with the draft pick coming in 2015, them winning the cup this year doesn't hurt us at all.

That was one the saddest moment I've seen as a fan since the 06 playoffs loss, granted I haven't been around that long, but that was still pretty emotional for Miller. It's nice to see how much this city means to the players, whether they've been here for 12 years or 2.

Edited by WildCard

I hate, hate, hate, hate this.

You can't rebuild without a goal tender. All you folks who couldn't wait to run Miller out of town, congratulations.

I've never seen a franchise and a city that runs EVERY good player out of town.

I hate, hate, hate, hate this.

You can't rebuild without a goal tender. All you folks who couldn't wait to run Miller out of town, congratulations.

I've never seen a franchise and a city that runs EVERY good player out of town.

The Sabres aren't going to contend for years...Miller has a legit shot at a Cup now; we, as fans, owe him that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.