OFFICIAL: Ryan Miller, Steve Ott to St. Louis for Chris Stewart, Halak, Carrier and two picks

Hoss

Couple months of Miller and Ott

for

Halak UFA goalie. 13th in SV% Leaders, 9th in GAA Leaders.

Chris Stewart (drafted 18th overall in 2006 by COL 50-65 point player), RW, signed at $4.15M through 2014-15.

William Carrier (drafted 57th overall in 2013 by STL), LW, currently playing for Cape Breton in the QMJHL. 42 points in 34 games, which is point equivalent to 30 points in the NHL.

1st round pick in the 2015 Connor McDavidathon.

3rd round pick in 2016.

Now, we sign Ott as a UFA this year, and we're good to go.

Love the return on this. Curious to see how Stewart will do. Curious to learn to see how Carrier develops. Excited for the 2015 draft, especially if NY defers and shits the bed again.

First Impression: Pretty underwhelmed.

Halak is a UFA. Hope we trade him by Wednesday.

Stewart isn't anything special. Hope we trade him by Wednesday.

Carrier isn't a super exciting prospect.

1st round pick in 2015 is good but it's probably going to be in the second half of the 1st round.

Conditional 3rd round pick in 2016 is OK, but it's conditional and it's 28 months away. Meh.

Hopefully Murray has something in the works for Stewart and Halak.

Stewart is a top 6 guy talent wise but is like Stafford in that he's not always motivated. When he's on, he's a VERY good power forward who throws crushing checks and gets into the dirty areas. He's also a guy who will drop the gloves and equate himself well when his team needs a lift. I think Ted Nolan will have more success with him than Hitchcock did, though the Sabres might try to flip him.

The Blues had to trade players on the roster - I think they had less than a million in cap space.

Getting another first is a big deal, though St Louis is a very good team so the pick will be late.

Edited by Alaska Darin

For those that like Drew Stafford: You'll love Chris Stewart. He's a better but just as inconsistent Drew Stafford.

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie

I know OTT wants Chris Stewart. I know 3-way STL-BUF-OTT deal was discussed this week. I don't know (yet) if it's done or if it will be done

I'm really thinking Stewart will be in Ottawa before he plays a game in Buffalo.

I enjoy Bob McKenzie. He makes bad things good.

I really like this deal. We got a first and carrier for Ott - i.e. what was asked of him and we got Halak (place holder), Stewart and conditional third for Miller - far more than the 2nd that was expected of him. How anyone can be against this is beyond me. Stewart is better than a first round pick from the Blues in this years draft. He is proven (albeit, inconsistent), young enough and can step in now. if all we get are picks we will be 5 years away. I am also not too bothered if Stewart is flipped

Couple months of Miller and Ott

for

Halak UFA goalie. 13th in SV% Leaders, 9th in GAA Leaders.

Chris Stewart (drafted 18th overall in 2006 by COL 50-65 point player), RW, signed at $4.15M through 2014-15.

William Carrier (drafted 57th overall in 2013 by STL), LW, currently playing for Cape Breton in the QMJHL. 42 points in 34 games, which is point equivalent to 30 points in the NHL.

1st round pick in the 2015 Connor McDavidathon.

3rd round pick in 2016.

Now, we sign Ott as a UFA this year, and we're good to go.

Love the return on this. Curious to see how Stewart will do. Curious to learn to see how Carrier develops. Excited for the 2015 draft, especially if NY defers and shits the bed again.

great trade

What about all of his other seasons? He's nothing special.

His points average out to 50 points per season. That is a top 6 forward. And he isn't a one dimensional guy - offence isn't all he brings. We traded a few months of Miller and Ott (and we might resign Ott), we were never going to be getting anything heart stopping good back. What did you expect? Who on the Blues would you rather have?

Stewart is as inconsistent as they come. Stewart has just 26 points in 58 games on a very good team. 30 in 79 games two years ago. He's not a top six player.

He also led the blues in scoring last yr and love him on Colorado, I think he's a great third liner or second liner who is physical

His points average out to 50 points per season.

38 exactly, actually. Sure, there's the lockout season, but it still doesn't approach 50. It's just under 50 per 82 games, but then you're ignoring the fact that he gets injured semi-often.

Do we like Carrier?

I liked him going into the draft. He's not an elite prospect by any means, but he plays a two-way game using very good size. Still has a long way to go before he's NHL-ready.

St. Louis will play in Buffalo on April 3rd

Edited by Tankalicious

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.