Ryan Callahan - person of interest

SarasotaSabre

BuffainATL... hows Atlanta? MY gf says that the roads are all gridlocked and shes stuck at work.

Also Callahan as a UFA would be very interesting if we could acquire him.

pretty funny here - less than 2-3" and it's armageddon here; it takes forever to get ANYWHERE and the grocery stores are emptied for bread & milk. Schools get closed as this area is woefully underprepared.

pretty funny here - less than 2-3" and it's armageddon here; it takes forever to get ANYWHERE and the grocery stores are emptied for bread & milk. Schools get closed as this area is woefully underprepared.

I bet. I got out of work early and I hope they just close tomorrow I don't wanna drive with these fruitloops down here.

It's already being discussed elsewhere, including the unsubstantiated thread.

well I linked to a substantiated source, so take that ..... :w00t:

I bet. I got out of work early and I hope they just close tomorrow I don't wanna drive with these fruitloops down here.

amen brother...that's why I worked from home today; too many idiots on the road

TSN INSIDER TRADING: 01/28/14

-According to McKenzie, there is a "lukewarm" market for Ryan Miller. The Wild have kicked tires and are monitoring Harding's health situation. There's "some" interest from St. Louis, but he made it sound like they'd be perfectly fine going forward with Halak.

-Perhaps the bigger piece of information is that the Rangers are gauging the trade market for Ryan Callahan and Girardi, and are prepared to trade one or both if neither are re-signed by the deadline. They are determined not to have either walk for nothing this summer. Callahan is apparently looking for 7 years at over $6m AAV.

The price is rather high!

The price is rather high!

And if anyone can afford that, it is Buffalo.

These are the moves they need to make if they want to annually compete, bring back local kids and become "Hockey Heaven."

It all starts bringing home a leader and immediate captain, who will help to continue and reinforce the newfound culture.

We gotta spend the money on somebody. He's the right type of player.

He's from the area and he's young enough to still be here when we get good.

I think he will look good paving the way for Hodgson and Reinhart.

I have no problem with 7 x $6 million, or more, if that's what it takes.

Doubt he will be worth it, any more than Drury was to the Rangers, but we need to make a statement.

This should now be our new top priority before FEB 7th. Lafontaine mentioned they were excited about trying to get homegrown talents to play here. One just became available. He's a UFA to be who wants 6-7 years and 6 mil plus per. We need to spend around 25 mil just to hit the cap floor! We have every reason to trade for him and immediately give him the deal he wants. 7 years 50 mil. Make the Rangers an offer they can't refuse....

Grigorenko, Ennis, 2nd for Callahan.

Buffalo Sabres in Olympics.....Captain USA and MVP Goalie USA.

This should now be our new top priority before FEB 7th. Lafontaine mentioned they were excited about trying to get homegrown talents to play here. One just became available. He's a UFA to be who wants 6-7 years and 6 mil plus per. We need to spend around 25 mil just to hit the cap floor! We have every reason to trade for him and immediately give him the deal he wants. 7 years 50 mil. Make the Rangers an offer they can't refuse....

Why? Hold onto your assets and sign him in the summer. Its not like he is going to help us before then. If he wants to come here i am sure TP will make it worth his while. If he doesn't want to play here he signs somewhere else and you just wasted two players and a pick.

Why? Hold onto your assets and sign him in the summer. Its not like he is going to help us before then. If he wants to come here i am sure TP will make it worth his while. If he doesn't want to play here he signs somewhere else and you just wasted two players and a pick.

i'm all for taking a run at our local captain america, but this is not an unfair point (so, a fair point?).

as i understand it, a team acquiring callahan now would, insofar as a new deal goes, get the benefit of the lag time between that team's offseason beginning and the start of the UFA period -- nothing more. as noted, players and/or picks may be a lot to pay for that right.

a contending team should pay that price for the value callahan can provide this season and in the playoffs, but i'm not sure a bottom-dweller should pay a similar price for an exclusive (albeit limited in time) right to negotiate a new deal.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Grigs, Ennis and a 2nd? Ennis would be the starting piece of this trade - the other 2 parts might as well be Porter and Ellis

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.