Ryan Callahan - person of interest

SarasotaSabre

Ah. I heard SIR did as well, with Rory Fitzpatrick as part of the new group.

Yea, I didn't know Fitzpatrick was involved. Guess he'll move his training stuff and perhaps the Monarchs to SIR?

I agree. Are we having this discussion/argument if he isn't considered somewhat local to Buffalo ?

Of course. Look at the threads lately. Around here we'll discuss the value of a stale twinkie and then go on a 4 page rampage of whether or not it has more value than Leino.

John Shannon@JSportsnet 15m

Quick conversation with Callahan's agent. Say he plans on talking to Sather today, with the hopes of finding some "common ground".

Watch, after all this, a deal get done today to keep him in NY. Which may have been his/his agent's plan the whole time.

Edited by Tankalicious

John Shannon@JSportsnet 15m

Quick conversation with Callahan's agent. Say he plans on talking to Sather today, with the hopes of finding some "common ground".

Watch, after all this, a deal get done today to keep him in NY. Which may have been his/his agent's plan the whole time.

Probably. He's said how he loves New York and wants to be there. This could just be his agent trying to make sure Sather doesn't take advantage of that.

Probably because of the Buffalo connection. Callahan and Kane both have similar ties to the general area and thus we must acquire them in some for or fashion.

It was so out of control people were super excited when we drafted his brother in the 7th round.

To be fair, most of the excitement around Brooks Orpik was more due to him being a better version of Jay McKee. Sure there will always be those who focused on the local connection, the predominate train of thought was that he was a tough SOB to put on the blue line during a time where those qualities were sorely lacking.

Yea, I didn't know Fitzpatrick was involved. Guess he'll move his training stuff and perhaps the Monarchs to SIR?

Of course. Look at the threads lately. Around here we'll discuss the value of a stale twinkie and then go on a 4 page rampage of whether or not it has more value than Leino.

Monarchs will likely go to SIR. I don't see where they have room for Next Level there. Plus, I heard he had a multiyear deal w/ Paul for that.

Curious as to where McQuaid plays if Al doesn't own it. Heard a rumor he and Stiffy were headed to Village Sports. I can't see McQuaid playing there. Too poor ice quality for varsity or gold. Maybe black sets up shop there.

Monarchs will likely go to SIR. I don't see where they have room for Next Level there. Plus, I heard he had a multiyear deal w/ Paul for that.

Curious as to where McQuaid plays if Al doesn't own it. Heard a rumor he and Stiffy were headed to Village Sports. I can't see McQuaid playing there. Too poor ice quality for varsity or gold. Maybe black sets up shop there.

Time for Pegula to build a development complex in Rochester? :)

So some national/international guy was on GR today talking about Callahan to Buffalo and I had to wonder if the information came from this board.

Well there isn't any proof blah blah blah...

I bet some of the information did and WGR pulls topics and ideas from this board.

Well there isn't any proof blah blah blah...

I bet some of the information did and WGR pulls topics and ideas from this board.

GR definitely does that, as it should. It's a good way for the hosts to know what the audience is interested in.

1) O'Reilly got a 2yr deal and his cap hit is 5million... so no you are wrong. Also O'Reilly has had a 55pt season and is only 22...

I'm curious what O'Reilly would have gotten without all the drama resulting in offer sheets and whatnot. I wonder if his salary would have been more in the open market and Calgary was trying to nab him cheaply.

• 4 weeks later...

Why would he want to come here except to say he played for the team were he grew up. This team won't be a cup contender during his contract here, why would he want to waste the finally years of his career to go to a place he has no chance of winning in?

Rebuild is >7 years?

Kane and Crosby were like 3 years in I think. That's what we signed up for!

And the Rangers are no perennial favorite. Bubble playoff team now with Lunqvist at his peak.

Rebuild is >7 years?

Kane and Crosby were like 3 years in I think. That's what we signed up for!

And the Rangers are no perennial favorite. Bubble playoff team now with Lunqvist at his peak.

ok, thats 3 years to just get the Saviour, how many years to put it all together on the ice and actually get to the cup?

Is Callaghan willing to sign up for 3-5 years of the basement for the small chance that everything goes right and they become cup contenders after that?

Do people really think that the Sabres will go from where they are now, in the Sub-Basement of the league, to cup contenders in a matter of 3 years? It will probably be 3 years just to be in conctention for a playoff spot

ok, thats 3 years to just get the Saviour, how many years to put it all together on the ice and actually get to the cup?

Is Callaghan willing to sign up for 3-5 years of the basement for the small chance that everything goes right and they become cup contenders after that?

Do people really think that the Sabres will go from where they are now, in the Sub-Basement of the league, to cup contenders in a matter of 3 years? It will probably be 3 years just to be in conctention for a playoff spot

2 years (15-16) until playoffs

3 - 4 years until reasonable chance at cup (top 5 in league)

What's the Rangers plan? They might miss the playoffs this year with Lundqvist, Richards and Nash in their prime. Just saying, I don't think it's that black & white once you rule out this year's obvious contenders (pens, bruins, hawks, ducks and blues).

Edited by bcardona

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

As per @Real_ESPNLeBrun, Callahan's latest offer to NYR is 6 years at south of $6.5M per. NYR appear to be holding line at $6M per.

Yea, I am not paying Ryan freaking Callahan 6.5mil per for 6 years. Not a chance in hell.

Are you saying that you don't have 39 million dollars?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.