GDT: Florida at Buffalo 1-21-14 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

I'm starting to think that Murray is going to have to eventually move veterans in order to create space for the kids.

I'm OK with Teddy's attitude that he isn't going to give the kids anything.

But there is no way Pysyk isn't playing better than McBain or Weber.

It's the subtle things that can still be done to ensure the tank remains on track.

I'm starting to think that Murray is going to have to eventually move veterans in order to create space for the kids.

I'm OK with Teddy's attitude that he isn't going to give the kids anything.

But there is no way Pysyk isn't playing better than McBain or Weber.

It's the subtle things that can still be done to ensure the tank remains on track.

The deadline is approaching. I would guess there will be a market for Tallinder, and quite possibly for McBain and Sulzer as well. All 3 are FAs -- no reason not to turn them into draft picks if there are buyers.

Weber is signed for 2 more years after this season. I'd like to keep him.

Pysyk, why him......? He's a rookie practically, playing 2nd D-man minutes.

I wonder why Sulzer is given a spot over him. Weber's game has been bad but he's the only gritty D-man we have, McBain has made some nice plays as of late, and even Tallinder deserves to come back albiet intermitently, but Sulzer is truly a depth defenceman no matter how you look at it.

The deadline is approaching. I would guess there will be a market for Tallinder, and quite possibly for McBain and Sulzer as well. All 3 are FAs -- no reason not to turn them into draft picks if there are buyers.

McBain is an RFA, so he's technically post-deadline useful too.

At this point I think player selection is being made based upon who they might be able to move and who they need to make a decision on for next season.

Pysyk is clearly not going anywhere. Sit him, no evaluations needed.

Weber stays in because he's more physical, keep the physical D in the game and replace a two-way defender with another two-way defender (Tallinder being more that than a physical D). McBain stays for trade options and Sulzer as well.

I'm not worried about who sits and plays at this point. Right now my only concern are the moves that will impact the overall roster.

Go Sabres.

We always seem to suck against the Panthers, though.

We've had a trend the past few years of playing up /down to our competition..... We typically always played Florida poorly because they were a bad team...... However this year we're so bad that were technically playing up to everybody.

I don't care if your a rookie or a 10 year vet your top 6 defensemen should be in the lineup. If Pysyk is not one of our top 6 we are in serious trouble. This is one area that i don't like TN. Stop trying to be a pyschologist and be a coach. If the kid deserves to play then he should play.

My opinion on pysyk being sent down is: I don't care if he is playing better then sulzer or others. The coaching staff/management clearly sees things that he has to work on. Have him in a place where he can fix those minor imperfections. At this point it's clear they feel Rochester is the best place for that. In my opinion playing against top competition like he is, is no place to learn. No, I'm not saying he's not one of our better defenseman. I'm saying I want him to be the absolute best he can be.

I don't care if your a rookie or a 10 year vet your top 6 defensemen should be in the lineup. If Pysyk is not one of our top 6 we are in serious trouble. This is one area that i don't like TN. Stop trying to be a pyschologist and be a coach. If the kid deserves to play then he should play.

Top 6 today, or a top 4 tomorrow? Especially when we're in butt ###### last I'll take a top 4 tomorrow

Seems every year there is a pretty good deadline market for veteran defensemen. I hope we trade at least one at the deadline to open up some roster space.

On another note, I'd actually trade Pysyk if the right deal came along. You have to give up value to get value (e.g. a legitimate scoring winger) and I think with Risto and Zadarov in the wings, Pysyk is less of a loss than he might be otherwise. In a couple of years, a top 4 of Myers, The Hoff, Risto, and Zadarov looks pretty good to me. Plus Jake McCabe might make the roster some day. He is having another good year at Wisconsin. I like McBain as well. He is young and isn't nearly as bad as the Canes fans made him out to be.

Seems every year there is a pretty good deadline market for veteran defensemen. I hope we trade at least one at the deadline to open up some roster space.

On another note, I'd actually trade Pysyk if the right deal came along. You have to give up value to get value (e.g. a legitimate scoring winger) and I think with Risto and Zadarov in the wings, Pysyk is less of a loss than he might be otherwise. In a couple of years, a top 4 of Myers, The Hoff, Risto, and Zadarov looks pretty good to me. Plus Jake McCabe might make the roster some day. He is having another good year at Wisconsin. I like McBain as well. He is young and isn't nearly as bad as the Canes fans made him out to be.

Plus if that is the case and we are that terrible as well as getting the islanders pick this year we can take Ekblad with one of our picks....

My opinion on pysyk being sent down is: I don't care if he is playing better then sulzer or others. The coaching staff/management clearly sees things that he has to work on. Have him in a place where he can fix those minor imperfections. Atty this point it's clear they feel Rochester is the best place for that. In my opinion playing against top competition like he is, is no place to learn. No, I'm not saying he's not one of our better defenseman. I'm saying I want him to be the absolute best he can be.

Top 6 today, or a top 4 tomorrow? Especially when we're in butt ###### last I'll take a top 4 tomorrow

Being sent down and sitting in the press box are two different stories.

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl 33s

Ted Nolan says Mark Pysyk will sit for Henrik Tallinder

My opinion on pysyk being sent down is: I don't care if he is playing better then sulzer or others. The coaching staff/management clearly sees things that he has to work on. Have him in a place where he can fix those minor imperfections. At this point it's clear they feel Rochester is the best place for that. In my opinion playing against top competition like he is, is no place to learn. No, I'm not saying he's not one of our better defenseman. I'm saying I want him to be the absolute best he can be.

How quickly we forget how smart the Sabres are now. Pysyk and the Olympic break seem to be the main motivating factor although

http://sabres.nhl.co...st.htm?id=25395

Mark Pysyk will be a healthy scratch on defense. The Sabres will consider sending him down to play some games during the Olympic break with the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League. To make sure a young player like him isn’t playing too many games, they’ll sit him down against the Panthers.

“It’s not his play,” Nolan said. “He’s been playing pretty well lately and it’s just he’s younger. There’s a possibility he might go down to the farm team to play during the break, so that’s a lot of games for a young guy to play. It’s more of a precautionary day and rest day.”

It’s possible that Brayden McNabb might also go to Rochester during the Olympics, but Nolan said the front office has yet to make that decision.

Do you say stuff just to say stuff?

As i believe you recently told someone on here - BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS!

My post was simply stating that you are worried about someone playing too much yet you will not be in the playoffs. Therefore, you will be done on early April. Others will be done in mid June. I wonder if those teams are worried about there 20 year olds minutes.

Dude, some of your comments are what pushes people away. Unless you want this forum to be the same 6-8 people all the time you need to learn that we all have opinions. If you don't like it move on to the next post.

Your pompous know it better than anyone else attitude is getting old. Your comment was uncalled for.

As i believe you recently told someone on here - BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS!

My post was simply stating that you are worried about someone playing too much yet you will not be in the playoffs. Therefore, you will be done on early April. Others will be done in mid June. I wonder if those teams are worried about there 20 year olds minutes.

Dude, some of your comments are what pushes people away. Unless you want this forum to be the same 6-8 people all the time you need to learn that we all have opinions. If you don't like it move on to the next post.

Your pompous know it better than anyone else attitude is getting old. Your comment was uncalled for.

I don't think it is about playing past April but playing a ton of games in late Jan early Feb. I think it is making sure he plays around 82 games by April. Also sitting once for a rookie doesn't hurt.

I don't think it is about playing past April but playing a ton of games in late Jan early Feb. I think it is making sure he plays around 82 games by April. Also sitting once for a rookie doesn't hurry.

Ok well you better sit Girgs also because he will be playing in the Olympics. Listen i think TN has done a great job. I just don't agree with some of his personnel decisions or explanations.

Ok well you better sit Girgs also because he will be playing in the Olympics. Listen i think TN has done a great job. I just don't agree with some of his personnel decisions or explanations.

Yeah, his explanation aside, sitting Pysyk is a weird move to me.

Archived