GDT: Florida at Buffalo 1-21-14 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

Ok well you better sit Girgs also because he will be playing in the Olympics. Listen i think TN has done a great job. I just don't agree with some of his personnel decisions or explanations.

I don't think some of these personnel decisions are coming from TN. I think this one has two parts. Murray wants to showcase guys before the Olympics so he can see them and so other GM's can. The second part is giving Pysyk a day here or there prior to the deadline.

As for your assertions about Zemgus, he will be playing in a very limited number of games for the Olympics. His country will probably be eliminated prior to the medal rounds meaning he will only get what? 4 games there. Pysyk could play 7-8 games for the Amerks depending on if they send him down or call him back up a day later or earlier.

I don't think some of these personnel decisions are coming from TN. I think this one has two parts. Murray wants to showcase guys before the Olympics so he can see them and so other GM's can. The second part is giving Pysyk a day here or there prior to the deadline.

As for your assertions about Zemgus, he will be pasting in a very limited number of games for the Olympics. His country will probably be eliminated prior to the medal rounds meaning he will only get what? 4 games there. Pysyk could play 7-8 games for the Amerks depending on if they send him down or call him back up a day later or earlier.

Girgs will also be traveling to Russia. Pysyk will be going 60 miles to Rochester. They also dont have to play him all 7-8 games. I just think this is TN over thinking himself on this one.

As i believe you recently told someone on here - BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS!

My post was simply stating that you are worried about someone playing too much yet you will not be in the playoffs. Therefore, you will be done on early April. Others will be done in mid June. I wonder if those teams are worried about there 20 year olds minutes.

Dude, some of your comments are what pushes people away. Unless you want this forum to be the same 6-8 people all the time you need to learn that we all have opinions. If you don't like it move on to the next post.

Your pompous know it better than anyone else attitude is getting old. Your comment was uncalled for.

You do realize that simply posting a good post in the first place is an easy way to avoid ridicule right?

You do realize that simply posting a good post in the first place is an easy way to avoid ridicule right?

There shouldn't be a need for ridicule, which you resort to quite often. If you don't agree with somebody, either present an opposing view or simply ignore the post. This is a public forum, not grade school. Sick and I have disagreed on many things and we've called each other out on them, but never do we resort to ridicule, personal attacks or name-calling. He has an opinion and I respect it.

I am really looking forward to Omark on the Hodgson line.

I hope he gets four or five games there. Time to see if he's worth keeping.

He's not going to be worth anything unless he plays with guys who have some hockey sense.

Speaking of hockey sense, that is one thing Ott is underrated in.

If he had any hands to go with his brain and his edge, he'd be dangerous.

You do realize that you will not agree with every post right? You do realize that you are the main one that likes to ridicule right? Your ignorance never ceases to amaze.

I am really looking forward to Omark on the Hodgson line.

I hope he gets four or five games there. Time to see if he's worth keeping.

He's not going to be worth anything unless he plays with guys who have some hockey sense.

Speaking of hockey sense, that is one thing Ott is underrated in.

If he had any hands to go with his brain and his edge, he'd be dangerous.

Here's his chance to prove that his name isn't short for Off-the-Mark.

There shouldn't be a need for ridicule, which you resort to quite often. If you don't agree with somebody, either present an opposing view or simply ignore the post. This is a public forum, not grade school.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing. Especially in this instance. But simply posting "zomg blah blah sucks wow!" without forming a coherent thought isn't really doing anything is it?

Pro tip: Instead of just blurting out the first thing you think of, perhaps ponder it for a moment and see if you can't say a little more. Clarifying obvious holes in a post right away through just a tiny bit of diligence can save a lot of time and confusion.

You do realize that you will not agree with every post right? You do realize that you are the main one that likes to ridicule right? Your ignorance never ceases to amaze.

See above.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing. Especially in this instance. But simply posting "zomg blah blah sucks wow!" without forming a coherent thought isn't really doing anything is it?

Pro tip: Instead of just blurting out the first thing you think of, perhaps ponder it for a moment and see if you can't say a little more. Clarifying obvious holes in a post right away through just a tiny bit of diligence can save a lot of time and confusion.

See above.

Atta boy.

There shouldn't be a need for ridicule, which you resort to quite often. If you don't agree with somebody, either present an opposing view put smoky ignore the post. This is a public forum, not grade school. Sick and I have disagreed on many things and we've called each other out on them, but never do we resort to ridicule, personal attacks or name-calling. He has an opinion and I respect it.

Thank you

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing. Especially in this instance. But simply posting "zomg blah blah docks wow!" without forming a coherent thought isn't really doing anything is it?

See above.

thank you for affirming mine and many others opinion of you. You said all that needed to be said.

Pro tip: listen to your own advice!!

How quickly we forget how smart the Sabres are now. Pysyk and the Olympic break seem to be the main motivating factor although

http://sabres.nhl.co...st.htm?id=25395

I read that almost immediately after I had commented! Good link thanks!

Here's an idea, why don't dark and sicknfla make a topic called "pro tips'' then all of us “rookies" can use it as reference when we are posting!!

I read that almost immediately after I had commented! Good link thanks!

Here's an idea, why don't dark and sicknfla make a topic called "pro tips'' then all of us “rookies" can use it as reference when we are posting!!

I am a relative rookie also. Dork has over 15k posts which qualify him as an expert. I only have 500+ so my opinion is meaningless.

My last comment on this is lately every thread seems to get sabotaged because someone has to turn these things into a personal deal. Its not right and needs to stop.

for a second there, I thought I was in a gameday thread... ;)

hopefully I can get thru an entire game tonight without thoroughly freaking out my 8 month old puppy. He doesn't enjoy me yelling at the TV during the games. He has stress "kill" toys that he chews on specifically during sporting events. I'm hoping Omark can show some promise on a decent line.

and in regards to Ott (Dudacek), he's got great hockey sense, and a great quick pass (as we've seen in the last few games several times). he's just not a scorer, and I'm ok with that.

Girgs will also be traveling to Russia. Pysyk will be going 60 miles to Rochester. They also dont have to play him all 7-8 games. I just think this is TN over thinking himself on this one.

Okay, I disagree. Also it seems like Pysyk may be a little banged up so they are going to give him a couple extra days off.

Buffalo Sabres@BuffaloSabres

Nolan on Pysyk being scratched: "More of a precautionary day and rest day."

So, after slamming the Sabres brass for sitting Pysyk we found out that they have a plan. Rest him up a bit now for precautionary reasons and also because they will probably get him some more experience playing in Rochester during the Olympic break.

Why is it that people just assume that the people who get paid to operate hockey teams have no clue what they are doing?

It seems that it would just be better to take a few steps back and analyze a larger data set before setting off on the opinions of what is right and wrong.

If you've written off this season (who hasn't?) then the development of players is all that matters. Since we are not privy to the day to day operations and interaction of players we really are not in a position to judge an individual move when it happens.

How quickly we forget how smart the Sabres are now. Pysyk and the Olympic break seem to be the main motivating factor although

http://sabres.nhl.co...st.htm?id=25395

Also from that article:

Linus Omark will be back for the Sabres as well after sitting out the past two games as a healthy scratch.

Nolan hopes playing Omark on a line with center Cody Hodgson and captain Steve Ott will jumpstart his game.

“If you could watch some of our practices, he’s pretty skilled. He has great vision for the ice, he knows where to go, he knows all the moves, he has everything. But in the games, it just doesn’t transfer,” Nolan said. “We just have to get him to be a little [grittier] and maybe playing with a guy like Steve Ott, that’ll bring it.”

This is where Nolan is the right coach for this team. He knows Omark isn't really a 1st/2nd line guy at this point, but is willing to play him in that position to try to get some grit to rub off on him. I can't imagine RR doing that.

Archived