GDT: Florida at Buffalo 1-21-14 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

Not the way Miller's playing, he was downright awful last night.

If he keeps it up, I imagine Howard slides into the #2 spot real soon.

I really don't see Howard supplanting Miller for the #2 spot. Quick and Miller are 1 and 2 in no specific order yet.

Howard is hurt and Quick played worse than miller last night.

Quick and Miller have both seemed to hit a funk lately. I believe they both will pick it up down the homestretch here over the next week and a half.

It is odd though that he's been average lately while the team is scoring. 3 goals for should be enough for Miller (how many games did he lose while giving up only 2?)

It's better they lose anyway, so I guess it's more exciting for the fans that there are some goals now.

On a side note, nice to see Myers looking better!

one of those games had Enroth in net, and last night, 3 out of the 4 goals scored against him were deflections off of his own players. Very hard to stop those. I do blame him for the last game though.

Just a reminder:

1/1/2011 -- Sabres are dead last in the NHL in points.

6/24/2011 -- Sabres are drafting 16th overall.

But, yeah, it's nuts to think they could still screw this up with 34 games (41% of a season) left. :rolleyes:

two very different make ups to the team. I just can't see this talent deprived team going on a similar tear, especially after being told the first quarter of the season that the mission is to lose.

They're saying Howard is only going to be about a week.

I thought they said the prognosis was longer than that but i can't find that source where I read that.

I watched this game at my friends' house, time shifted so I didn't post here, because I didn't want to see spoilers.

That was a brutal showing by Miller. He's been playing below his normal average since he gave up those 3 goals in a row in that shoot-out. He was actually lucky his GAA for that game was 4.0..... Panthers hit the pipes on at least two shots. The first period was by far the worst of the 3 - I thought I was watching Patrick LaLime in there wearing Miller's jersey.

And to put it in perspective, this wasn't Anaheim, Chicago or Pittsburgh Miller was facing - Florida has the 3rd worst Goals For in the entire league.

And Leino logged almost 15 minutes of ice-time? That's just crazy - that slug is almost useless out there.

I watched this game at my friends' house, time shifted so I didn't post here, because I didn't want to see spoilers.

That was a brutal showing by Miller. He's been playing below his normal average since he gave up those 3 goals in a row in that shoot-out. He was actually lucky his GAA for that game was 4.0..... Panthers hit the pipes on at least two shots. The first period was by far the worst of the 3 - I thought I was watching Patrick LaLime in there wearing Miller's jersey.

And to put it in perspective, this wasn't Anaheim, Chicago or Pittsburgh Miller was facing - Florida has the 3rd worst Goals For in the entire league.

And Leino logged almost 15 minutes of ice-time? That's just crazy - that slug is almost useless out there.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it brutal, but it definitly was not good. 2-3 of those goals were deflections where the puck changed directions and beat almost any goaltender. This game and the Shootout of the Toronto game have probably been some of the worst we have seen from Miller this season

its funny though, it just seems that there are a couple bad teams (Florida, and Atlanta/Winnipeg) that seem to have the Sabres number. They will come out and complete against some of the better teams in the league, then look brutal against some lower teams.

Just a reminder:

1/1/2011 -- Sabres are dead last in the NHL in points.

6/24/2011 -- Sabres are drafting 16th overall.

But, yeah, it's nuts to think they could still screw this up with 34 games (41% of a season) left. :rolleyes:

The "pathetic" was referring to the possibility of a 10 game win streak. My goodness.

Archived