• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

It appears that some of the teams have shut it down for the night, will start to pick back up tomorrow. I am out but should be plugged back in by 9am.

There could be a trade tonight still so anyone staying up or in a different time zone, have fun.

Everyone who scoffs at the notion of the Sabres acquiring or needing additional picks in Round 3 or later should consider that the Sabres had THREE second round picks in 2013 (Compher, Hurley, Bailey) and they're all being outplayed this year by the guy we drafted in Round 3 (Nick Baptiste). And our fifth round pick (Gustav Possler) was off to a tremendous start as well before his injury.

Draft picks are lotto tickets. You want as many as you can get.

Hopefully we can still get *something* for Halak.

I would rank each of those in the order they were drafted. I'm just saying we have more b level prospects in the league. I'm not scoffing at the idea of getting more. But I'd rather them try to create packages to get higher ranked prospects

Edited by Numark

It appears that some of the teams have shut it down for the night, will start to pick back up tomorrow. I am out but should be plugged back in by 9am.

There could be a trade tonight still so anyone staying up or in a different time zone, have fun.

With Vanek being held out I would think there is a deal in place. Unless Snow is just smartly asset protecting and about to have a sleepless night because he isn't getting what he needs for him lol.

Moulson is worth a 1st + prospect. There has been no price drop.

A first and a mid-level prospect, yea, probably.

So now SensChirp is legit? :lol:

No, it was quoting somebody else. :P One of my friends retweets them a lot because they have been talking about Shane Prince to Buffalo and he's friends with Shane. Well "friends." He knew of him in high school haha.

I don't know guys. I'm interested in a deal that would send Ehrhoff along with Moulson. Take back somebody like Alec Martinez to play in Buffalo on D, Toffoli and another prospect or pick.

Edited by Tankalicious

A first and a mid-level prospect, yea, probably.

No, it was quoting somebody else. :P One of my friends retweets them a lot because they have been talking about Shane Prince to Buffalo and he's friends with Shane. Well "friends." He knew of him in high school haha.

I don't know guys. I'm interested in a deal that would send Ehrhoff along with Moulson. Take back somebody like Alec Martinez to play in Buffalo on D, Toffoli and another prospect or pick.

Moulson + Ehrhoff + Grigorenko/Armia for Toffoli + Brown ?

Moulson + Ehrhoff + Grigorenko/Armia for Toffoli + Brown ?

I'd be beyond myself if Murray made this deal. No offense, but there's no way I'd do Ehroff and Moulson for Toffoli and Brown, let alone throw in a high prospect

David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod

Told the Penguins, still in Kesler mix, are also looking at adding a defenseman. Sabres D Tallinder could be a possible target.

Weeeeee. Take him. For anything. Literally anything. Got an extra 5th round pick laying around?

Turning the lowest contract in your organization (Boychuk) into a 5th round pick? I'll take that any day.

Guest Sloth

Will be monitoring the boards while at work today. Crazy to be getting a little excited for a trade that may help continue the Sabres attempt to rebuild a quality, possible Cup contending team w/in 3 to 5 years. Wish Buffalo was on the other side of the trade; meaning getting the "missing piece" to helps solidify the Sabres as a true Cup contender for the upcoming playoffs. St. Louis fans have to be really excited right now.

Then why trade him?

In my opinion, I think it's best for Buffalo to keep Myers. I was just trying to point out that he has the highest trade value and could bring more in return if the Sabres traded him. Myers potential ceiling is high and his current level of play could possibly be his best as a Sabre.

Will be monitoring the boards while at work today. Crazy to be getting a little excited for a trade that may help continue the Sabres attempt to rebuild a quality, possible Cup contending team w/in 3 to 5 years. Wish Buffalo was on the other side of the trade; meaning getting the "missing piece" to helps solidify the Sabres as a true Cup contender for the upcoming playoffs. St. Louis fans have to be really excited right now.

I agree, seems like we should have the day off like the Canadians.... shhhh....don't tell my boss.

Im sayin at the end of the day Tim Murray surprises us...

I think he walks away with a young top line forward or two after the day is all said and done...I think All of Myers, Erhoff, Moulson, Stewart, Mcnabb and Stafford are all in play to accomplish this...Picks are not going to be the top score for him today....Im not saying all of those for one player im sayin they are all pawns to get the King, and whichever combo gets the King is the winner.....

I don't buy Erhoff is on the board unless the Sabres get a kitchen sink. Too many years left on his contract for Sabres to have to move today... maybe during draft, but not necessarily now.

So what time do we start hearing actual movement? Noonish?

I don't buy Erhoff is on the board unless the Sabres get a kitchen sink. Too many years left on his contract for Sabres to have to move today... maybe during draft, but not necessarily now.

So what time do we start hearing actual movement? Noonish?

I'll be having movement shortly after my first java. :angel: