• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

I don't consider Stewart a answer to all of the Sabres problems. He's one player they have that has a skill set and is at the age where keeping him around a few years makes sense. He's not a cornerstone, but he does have value if the Sabres can pull the consistency put of him. You hope professional pride kicks in with Stewart where he doesn't want to become that guy.

If Moulson was 26-27 I'd be with you. Right now I am in Logan's Run mode. I don't want to see any 30 year olds on this roster for a coupe of years unless they are simply short term roster filler.

I guess we will just disagree. I don't see stewart magically becoming motivated, he is a grown man and he plays how he does. I don't want multiple 30+ year olds on the team but having 1 vet forward over 30 isn't a bad thing.

Stewart we can tender an offer too until UFA starts because that is when he will be in the last year of his deal. My issue with Stewart is he floats. Watching him in the last couple games I can't help but notice how disinterested he is. Christ Stewart has one season in the 20goal, so he isn't a 25-30g scorer. He is a 15goal scorer and honestly I could take or leave that.

it is the perfect time too. We need scoring LW's and we have more cap room than just about anyone.

You had better check your stats again as he scored 28 in 09/10 and 28 in 10/11 as well as 18 in 48 games in the short season last year. I know you love projecting out numbers. So even including this down year he has scored or on pace for 25 plus in 3 of 5 years.

I don't consider Stewart a answer to all of the Sabres problems. He's one player they have that has a skill set and is at the age where keeping him around a few years makes sense. He's not a cornerstone, but he does have value if the Sabres can pull the consistency out of him. You hope professional pride kicks in with Stewart where he doesn't want to become that guy.

If Moulson was 26-27 I'd be with you. Right now I am in Logan's Run mode. I don't want to see any 30 year olds on this roster for a coupe of years unless they are simply short term roster filler.

Right on.

I'm in no hurry to trade Stewart. I'd like to keep him here for next season if we can't get value for him.

Right on.

I'm in no hurry to trade Stewart. I'd like to keep him here for next season if we can't get value for him.

I am fine with keeping him for next season but the guy isn't someone I am paying money for. He is a floater, go look at his puck possession numbers.

You know fine, y'all want to have a ####### for the kid go for it but count me out.

Edited by LGR4GM

I am fine with keeping him for next season but the guy isn't someone I am paying money for. He is a floater, go look at his puck possession numbers.

You know fine, y'all want to have a ####### for the kid go for it but count me out.

I don't think anyone here has a hard on for Chris Stewart. I just think he's an NHL player that we need to fill a roster spot while our kids develop together in Rochester. That's one of Tim's goals isn't it?

I'm just asking you to get your stats right. Maybe if you realized he actually scored 28 twice and not once and also scored a bunch (led the blues in scoring) in the shortened season you would have a different opinion of him.

I'm just asking you to get your stats right. Maybe if you realized he actually scored 28 twice and not once and also scored a bunch (led the blues in scoring) in the shortened season you would have a different opinion of him.

I have my stats right and I am telling you Chris Stewart is not the guy.

I don't think anyone here has a hard on for Chris Stewart. I just think he's an NHL player that we need to fill a roster spot while our kids develop together in Rochester. That's one of Tim's goals isn't it?

Apparently not because Moulson is completely worthless to us.

I have my stats right and I am telling you Chris Stewart is not the guy.

Apparently not because Moulson is completely worthless to us.

Moulson is only useful to us if we can sign him as a free agent. He's not taking a contract offer without taking a shot somewhere as a rental. He's a hockey player who wants to win and the onus is on us to give him the opportunity. A little good will and a return on a valuable player is a no brainer.

Hopefully Murray is only being stingy up until 3 pm. It's okay to be stingy on Ehrhoff, but not Halak, Moulson and Stewart who are of little to no use going forward. Halak and Moulson because they're UFAs and Stewart because you can only have one Drew Stafford.

I am just excited to see what this team looks like by opening day next year. I actually do think GMTM absolutely knows what he is doing, and with the amount of financial flexibility he has from the owners, and the stockpile of high draft picks the only way for him to fail to deliver us an awesome product is incompetence, which I do not feel should be an issue here. Hell, with all those draft picks over the next two drafts, combined with adept scouting/drafting, our organizational depth may in fact be the best in the NHL... Oh and having a proven winner like Craig Patrick advising doesn't hurt either.

Hopefully Murray is only being stingy up until 3 pm. It's okay to be stingy on Ehrhoff, but not Halak, Moulson and Stewart who are of little to no use going forward. Halak and Moulson because they're UFAs and Stewart because you can only have one Drew Stafford.

Being sstingy with Halak has probably already blown up in our face.

And we should hang on to Stewart because even though we know one Drew Stafford on the team is bad, obviously two Drew Staffords is good. Like two wrongs making a right.

Did they really just have Mark Mancari as a subtraction for us?

Please do

David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod

Still somewhat quiet on the Halak front... I suspect things will pick up in a couple hours on his front.

Oh, and good morning everybody.

It seems kind of stupid to spend too much time trying to sign a contract extension today. You either should've gotten it done before or you should wait until after deadline day.