• Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

Megan Robinson@RobinsonMegan 39m

From @SportsnetTicker, time of 1st Deadline Day trade: 2008: 10:31am 2009: 9:55am 2010: 10:28am 2011: 10:35am 2012: 10:35am 2013: 12:20pm

I know its from Bob but he may have a point here..

Incarcerated Bob IBN@incarceratedbob 4m

Game of chicken right now for #Isles Snow & #Sabres Murray : Whoever waits the other guy out (Vanek/Moulson deals) might get desperate team

Well it has been a quiet night but I would expect talks to start picking up in the next hour or two. Quick Twitter scan indicates that Phillips has until noon to sign his extension or he could be dealt. The Pens are pushing very hard for Kesler. Isles and Sabres are in wait mode but Sabres may have backed off of Toffoli. Ehrhoff has been mentioned but I think it would take a supreme offer for that to occur. St Louis is in play and the scuttle but has to do with the Rangers. Halak to Wash although rumored hasn't received and more legs.

Other stuff going on too but that is the big roundup for the morning.

I say sign Moulson, Erhoff and Stewart and use the ridiculous amount of draft picks we have stockpiled and build around em.

Ehrhoff is signed for 7 more years. Stewart is signed through next year.

I think we should sign Moulson though. 5.25mil x 6yrs. Easy deal to make and I like Moulson

Edited by LGR4GM

You are right. In that case extend Stewart. Maybe when Girgs or Foligno develop more they can build some chemistry and make a line together. Stewart is a bruiser who can score 25-30 goals per year. Why are we trying to just sell him off?

Stewart's contract doesn't expire until after next season. No reason to move him unless Murray's asking price is met.

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun 23s

Also believe the Senators will take another run at Buffalo on Chris Stewart... price still too high right now...

I'd be okay with keeping Stewart, FWIW. Fills a position of need and is young enough to build around. Stewart and Myers are the only pieces being talked about that I hope stick around.

You are right. In that case extend Stewart. Maybe when Girgs or Foligno develop more they can build some chemistry and make a line together. Stewart is a bruiser who can score 25-30 goals per year. Why are we trying to just sell him off?

Stewart we can tender an offer too until UFA starts because that is when he will be in the last year of his deal. My issue with Stewart is he floats. Watching him in the last couple games I can't help but notice how disinterested he is. Christ Stewart has one season in the 20goal, so he isn't a 25-30g scorer. He is a 15goal scorer and honestly I could take or leave that.

Now is not the time to invest $30 mil in a 30 year old.

it is the perfect time too. We need scoring LW's and we have more cap room than just about anyone.

I'd be okay with keeping Stewart, FWIW. Fills a position of need and is young enough to build around. Stewart and Myers are the only pieces being talked about that I hope stick around.

If you are building around Stewart, you are doing it wrong.

Stewart we can tender an offer too until UFA starts because that is when he will be in the last year of his deal. My issue with Stewart is he floats. Watching him in the last couple games I can't help but notice how disinterested he is. Christ Stewart has one season in the 20goal, so he isn't a 25-30g scorer. He is a 15goal scorer and honestly I could take or leave that.

it is the perfect time too. We need scoring LW's and we have more cap room than just about anyone.

The Sabres are too early into the rebuild to tie up older veterans like Moulson to long term deals. They should be in no hurry to spend money. Save it for the right time and the right player.

If you are building around Stewart, you are doing it wrong.

How about building "with" Stewart. Stewart at 26-27 is a smarter move than Moulson at 30-31.