Hired: Tim Murray, GM and Craig Patrick, Advisor

That Aud Smell

magic-darksteel-last-word.jpg

I went to a friday night magic thing last weekend and it was followed by a midnight tournament with new cards that were coming out. It was my first of such events (my girlfriend has been obsessed with magic for the last ~2 months or so) and I won a bunch. Went 3-2 in constructed (her little bro made me a deck) and 5-1 in limited where you make your own deck with packs you just opened.

I would've let that go if this thread was more on track but here's my offering to the board: I'm a ###### nerd.

I went to a friday night magic thing last weekend and it was followed by a midnight tournament with new cards that were coming out. It was my first of such events (my girlfriend has been obsessed with magic for the last ~2 months or so) and I won a bunch. Went 3-2 in constructed (her little bro made me a deck) and 5-1 in limited where you make your own deck with packs you just opened.I would've let that go if this thread was more on track but here's my offering to the board: I'm a ###### nerd.

Insert "NERDS" image here

Edited by FolignosJock

I went to a friday night magic thing last weekend and it was followed by a midnight tournament with new cards that were coming out. It was my first of such events (my girlfriend has been obsessed with magic for the last ~2 months or so) and I won a bunch. Went 3-2 in constructed (her little bro made me a deck) and 5-1 in limited where you make your own deck with packs you just opened.

I would've let that go if this thread was more on track but here's my offering to the board: I'm a ###### nerd.

I actually used to play magic as a teen, and I played in a local tournament here. It was pretty loose, but it was regulated since there were prizes. I got to the "championship" but the other guy got me disqualified before we got going because I had different color sleeves on my cards which wasn't allowed... Even though nobody else had a problem with it. And I'm not even smart enough to think to use different sleeves for different cards to cheat.

Edited by Tankalicious

I actually used to play magic as a teen, and I played in a local tournament here. It was pretty loose, but it was regulated since there were prizes. I got to the "championship" but the other guy got me disqualified before we got going because I had different color sleeves on my cards which wasn't allowed... Even though nobody else had a problem with it. And I'm not even smart enough to think to use different sleeves for different cards to cheat.

Insert "NERDS" image here

Edited by FolignosJock

I see what you're saying. I'm just saying that baiting somebody doesn't mean they took the bait. Poor wording choice on the fly possibly, but his quotes make it clear that he isn't admitting that they'll take a tank philosophy.

I actually think both interpretations could be correct:

I didn't misquote anybody. My lead in to the quote wasn't a quote. They were baiting him into admitting that his plan is tanking. He didn't bite. The quotes are his responses.

I think your exact quote was "Basically, they baited him into admitting...", in which case, it seems to me that saying "He didn't bite" would constitute a contradiction. There's a subtle difference between "baited" and "were baiting". Where the former is a done deal, the latter may allow for some wiggle. If you were a prosecutor and you presented that statement as an evidentiary declaration, and I sat on the jury, I'd have to vote to acquit because it doesn't fit.

Edited by phil_soisson

@DaveDavisHockey

Tim Murray told an Ottawa radio station today he's working on a couple deals in which he's looking for 2015 draft picks rather than 2014's.

@3rdManIn

Tim Murray on Ottawa radio said he wrote down his D core for the future while talking to another GM. Named off 55, 61, 3 & 44. #Sabres

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@DaveDavisHockey

Tim Murray told an Ottawa radio station today he's working on a couple deals in which he's looking for 2015 draft picks rather than 2014's.

@3rdManIn

Tim Murray on Ottawa radio said he wrote down his D core for the future while talking to another GM. Named off 55, 61, 3 & 44. #Sabres

no 57?

no 57?

44 over 57? hmmm. i really dont want to give up on tyler. REEEEALLY do not want to

Thats Risto, Zadarov, Psyck and McNabb for those like me saw those numbers and thought Hecht, Afinagenov, Leopold, and Sekara

no 57?

44 over 57? hmmm. i really dont want to give up on tyler. REEEEALLY do not want to

Wow, pretty telling right there I think: that he'd leave off what has been clearly perceived in that organization as the next cornerstone is shocking.

Can you imagine what would happen to this place if he got rid of Myers? I'm not sure how I'd feel about it; I really like Myers, I think he's been getting back to form and the it would be a major kick to the shaft if he ended up taking the same career path as Chara.

So, what does everyone think Myers would fetch?

@DaveDavisHockey

@3rdManIn

Unbelievable the transparency we get with this guy. Realizing there is usually smokescreen involved but still... I wonder what that does to a guy like Myers when he hears it. (Edited after hearing the context)

Edited by Assquatch

Oh. My.

Wow, pretty telling right there I think: that he'd leave off what has been clearly perceived in that organization as the next cornerstone is shocking.

Can you imagine what would happen to this place if he got rid of Myers? I'm not sure how I'd feel about it; I really like Myers, I think he's been getting back to form and the it would be a major kick to the shaft if he ended up taking the same career path as Chara.

So, what does everyone think Myers would fetch?

Whoa, context here. Maybe he was just talking about guys not currently on the roster.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.